[ROM][Full Android Marshmallow for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][Full Android Marshmallow for Shield TV][v.1.2]

Post by zulu99 »

Sonoma wrote:Need some help.
Is there a good Bandwidth/Data monitor I could use on the Shield TV. I have tried a few but they do not see the network on the Shield but they do work on my phone.

I currently get 300 GB of data a month. Starting last month I have been consuming a ton of data. To the point I was at 600 GB with in 15 days last month. This month is not shaping up to good. Here it is day 5 of the month and I am at 113 GB of 300 GB. At this rate I will be paying a ton.
I have change my network password and wi-fi name as well. I have been able to track my data on the PCs and they seem fine. I recognize all systems connected to my router. I have 4 ROKUs but only 2 are active. I understand Netflix can use a lot but it is rarely used and I have the SD option. Same with my Plex. I usually watch everything in SD by default.

Starting to wonder if my modem or router is flaking out.

This is driving me crazy. Any ideas as to what app will work best? Thanks.
If you connect the shield TV in wifi, you can have the data used under android settings. no in ethernet.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

ajamils wrote:Zulu,

I just flashed the ROM and everything booted up correctly. There are few things that I would like to know.

1) Is it possible to have Google Cast slideshow running when the device is not being used, like it does on stock rum?

2) The ROM is completely empty with no apps installed, is that how it supposed to be? I though that it will at least have the basic apps already installed.

3) I have minix A2 remote and some of the buttons (like back, home) do not work. Is there a way to enable or map them?
1) yes you can installing Backdrop Daydream and eneble it from android settings http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc ... -download/

2) sure i made only all the basic necessary, you can download all others things from google play. you have full google play is simple.

3) usually with a custom keylayout you can map the button of a remote. But some Chinese remotes, have the back button that is a mouse button that you can't remap. usually this remotes that you can't remap are in combination with a chinese fimware. are not standard.
But i suggest to use DroidMote, no one remote is better than droidmote to control android on tv. I write this not because DroidMote is my app but because i made thousands of comparisons.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
chaotic702

Post by chaotic702 »

My playstore keeps telling me to uninstall it and I do and it works to install one app is there a fix for this or did I do something wrong?
ajamils

Post by ajamils »

zulu99 wrote: 3) usually with a custom keylayout you can map the button of a remote. But some Chinese remotes, have the back button that is a mouse button that you can't remap. usually this remotes that you can't remap are in combination with a chinese fimware. are not standard.
But i suggest to use DroidMote, no one remote is better than droidmote to control android on tv. I write this not because DroidMote is my app but because i made thousands of comparisons.
I own DriodMote and have used it in the past so it's not an issue for me to use it. The problem is that my wife and son are used to using the Minix A2 remote so in order to convert them to Shield, I have to make this transition as seamless as possible and telling my wife that she has to use a phone to control the device instead of remote won't work well :)
ajamils

Post by ajamils »

Zulu,

I cannot access the Play Store, it keeps giving me message that the app is not compatible with my device. I have done complete reset but after installing couple of app the error came back :-(
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

ajamils wrote:Zulu,

I cannot access the Play Store, it keeps giving me message that the app is not compatible with my device. I have done complete reset but after installing couple of app the error came back :-(
In previous forum thread this is well know fact.
When you config the shield TV first time or also successivly, download and install the last Google play app from apk mirror http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc ... -download/

This happen, because Google update the Google play based on build.prop fingerprint value that is the same of Shield TV with the old garbage Android TV OS inside.

If you want you can change also your build.prop from foster_e to full_foster_e , but i don't want do that by default in the firmware, so stupid developers can't check this field to create restrictions.
parry87

Post by parry87 »

Hello Zulu,
i write a post but i can't see it.
Have you tried Sky Online or Premium Play (for italian customers)?
Every time i install these apks they closed unexpectedly.
I wrote to you about 2 months ago about this.
Thank you.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

parry87 wrote:Hello Zulu,
i write a post but i can't see it.
Have you tried Sky Online or Premium Play (for italian customers)?
Every time i install these apks they closed unexpectedly.
I wrote to you about 2 months ago about this.
Thank you.
usually this apps check root, but disablig root from supersu settings only when you want this apps should work. ( if compatible with Android 6 )
when droidmote is started, you can disable also root and it continue to work.
( but don't forget to enable root before you turn off shield tv otherwise at next start you don't have root to start the server )

you should check on the firmware before you install root and xposed to see if this apps are working.
parry87

Post by parry87 »

Hello Zulu,
no, it didn't work.
Also disabling SuperSu, the app crash at boot.
"L'applicazione si è bloccata in modo anomalo"
Aftar that i disable SuperSU, every time i re open SU it ask me to update,
i try to do that but it says that is impossible to update.
Now at every boot it says
"Il programma deve essere aggiornato!" but i can't do that by a normal update.
How can i solve those problems?
Thanks.
stvinterested

Post by stvinterested »

Hello zulu

Nice to return to the thread.... You makes a very good work and support

I'm working in use the shield for all purposes in the big screen... the dvbt part is 90% done... But for play with my child I buy a set of two usb joysticks.... directly to the shield works fine but I don't want cables through the room.

I tried droidmote client and works well But only can attach one of them to one smartphone with droidmote client( I used a USB hub to the USB host port... The Android detects the two devices but droidmote don't send signals to the server )

I investigate the ip/usb to include as workaround in the shield kernel and smartphone but would be better if droidmote supports unlimited devices....

What do you think about?

Thanks and sorry my bad English