[ROM][Full Android Marshmallow for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
cruzg10

Re: [ROM][Full Android Marshmallow for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Post by cruzg10 »

I recently purchased the 2015 NVIDIA SHIELD TV 16gb from eBay and was wondering if there is any way to check what version of android is installed either via ADB or fastboot?
I emailed the gentleman i purchase it from and he doesn't remember. The box was factory reset and i can't get past the setup screen to check. It wants to install the Nougat update before continuing. I don't think the box is covered by warranty for me to risk installing stock 3.3. (He thinks it might have 3.3 or 5.0 installed)
Thank you
Mogster

Post by Mogster »

If you want to run Full Android MM, you can do that even if 5.0 or 5.1 are installed. Just don't attempt to install the 3.3 bootloader. The Shield TV's ROM has 5 major parts:

blob - bootloader (never downgrade this)
boot.img - boot image, also called the kernel (not the same as the bootloader)
recovery.img
system.img
vendor.img

If you flash the 3.3 boot.img and Full Android MM's system.img and vendor.img, you will be all set.
JulienPr

Post by JulienPr »

Mogster wrote:If you want to run Full Android MM, you can do that even if 5.0 or 5.1 are installed. Just don't attempt to install the 3.3 bootloader. The Shield TV's ROM has 5 major parts:

blob - bootloader (never downgrade this)
boot.img - boot image, also called the kernel (not the same as the bootloader)
recovery.img
system.img
vendor.img

If you flash the 3.3 boot.img and Full Android MM's system.img and vendor.img, you will be all set.
Can anyone confirm this? What was your ROM before downgrading, stock Nougat ROM or Full Nougat ROM?
What is your current bootloader version? (You can check it from the fastboot menu.)
I've tried so many different ways to downgrade from Nougat to Marshmallow without success, and even Nvidia support is of no help.

Many thanks!
Nvidia Shield TV 16Go, 2015 - Marshmallow StockRestyle (zulu99's ROM) + Root
Mogster

Post by Mogster »

I'm not sure, but it really doesn't matter. Flashing Full Android replaces everything but the bootloader and recovery.

My bootloader version is 24.00.2015.42-t210-fcf112d9.
sleedham

Post by sleedham »

Is there a way to have this be detected as an Android TV? The Android TV app, which is mostly a remote for phones and watches doesn't detect the shield with this firmware.

I know there are other options for controlling the unit with the phone, but I'd like to be able to use Android Wear 2.0 to control it too
mimo_424

Post by mimo_424 »

Hello guys,

I'am having connectivity issue with the shield 2016 game controller. When using it with Kodi/SPMC suddenly i lose connectivity with the controller.
anyone experienced that?

thanks in advance

/M
Mogster

Post by Mogster »

Do you mean the 2015 controller or the 2017?
mimo_424

Post by mimo_424 »

Hello, no the 2015 controller with the 2015 shield :)
Mogster

Post by Mogster »

Hmm, are you using Marshmallow or Nougat? You posted in both forums, but MM does not allow the controller to be used wirelessly.
blueeyiz702

Post by blueeyiz702 »

So have Shield Android TV SW Version (24.28.403.124) ffor Android MM where is my correct start with the 3.3 install ordo i just unlock bootloader and go from that point.Just want to make sure i start with rite instructions and get it rite the first time.Thanks