[ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
Veronica

Re: [ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.2]

Post by Veronica »

paulsavo wrote:have asked before but didnt get a reply, is it possible to get full android on adoptive storage? and if so how?
Your question doesn't have much sense, maybe you wanted to ask if you can boot full android nougat from external drive or if adopted storage work in full android.
Adopted storage does work, I've tested with a micro sdcard but should also work with an usb drive but if using an usb drive, it should be pluged in directly to one of the Shield TV usb 3.0 ports.
If you would like to boot this rom from external memory a.k.a dual booting with Android TV, it is not possible yet as dev has to modify boot.img in order to work. For MM this was possible though (but please do not attempt to go back to MM, anyway i think you have the 2017 model so you can't).
nVidia Shield TV 2015 Full Android Nougat ~ DroidMote Touch Profiles for Gamepad ~
To have Mouse functionality with right stick like in stock but in all apps you need to install DroidMote Client and Server.
Read the 2nd post for more info.
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

Chaozine wrote:I can't seem to get to the power menu anymore by pressing power button on my shield. It also used to go to sleep mode whenever I turn off the tv. Not anymore. Anyone else have these kind of "problems"? It used to work in 1.1 but after updating to 1.2 something's off. Maybe some app?
To restore power button behaviour (you need root):

open the file /system/usr/keylayout/gpio-keys.kl

and change from:

key 116 STB_POWER

to:

key 116 POWER

* reboot *
nVidia Shield TV 2015 Full Android Nougat ~ DroidMote Touch Profiles for Gamepad ~
To have Mouse functionality with right stick like in stock but in all apps you need to install DroidMote Client and Server.
Read the 2nd post for more info.
setopbox

Post by setopbox »

Veronica wrote:should also work with an usb drive but if using an usb drive, it should be pluged in directly to one of the Shield TV usb 3.0 ports.
awesome @Veronica
since u brought this up..

i i am using one now and it is plugged directly.
i was thinking of extending that port with a 3.0 hub and plug the usb into the hub rather than the shield tv.
will adoptable storage still work?

removing the drive when using the 2nd port for debugging
and twrp at the same time is kinda headache.
paulsavo

Post by paulsavo »

Veronica wrote:
paulsavo wrote:have asked before but didnt get a reply, is it possible to get full android on adoptive storage? and if so how?
Your question doesn't have much sense, maybe you wanted to ask if you can boot full android nougat from external drive or if adopted storage work in full android.
Adopted storage does work, I've tested with a micro sdcard but should also work with an usb drive but if using an usb drive, it should be pluged in directly to one of the Shield TV usb 3.0 ports.
If you would like to boot this rom from external memory a.k.a dual booting with Android TV, it is not possible yet as dev has to modify boot.img in order to work. For MM this was possible though (but please do not attempt to go back to MM, anyway i think you have the 2017 model so you can't).
i mean im on 16gb 2017 model, full nougat is great but 1 reasons i did it was to be able play games ect from play store but if i only use internal drive i have hardly any storage left, so how can i install this on ext drive either as a dual boot or using the usb to replace the internal storage as can normally occur with shield tv?
Chaozine

Post by Chaozine »

Veronica wrote:
To restore power button behaviour (you need root):

open the file /system/usr/keylayout/gpio-keys.kl

and change from:

key 116 STB_POWER

to:

key 116 POWER

* reboot *
setopbox wrote:

go to the setting for ATV instead of the regular setting.
go Display & Sound -> Power Control.
set to on
Thanks for the help!
Dellis2k20

Post by Dellis2k20 »

hi all, on stock you can hold the back button in to bring up the sleep/restart menu, is there anyway to re enable this function?
in nova launcher i can at least create an activity icon for settings/power menu, but im not using nova launcher anymore.

after a late night movie its abit rough going through multle menus just to put it to sleep
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Dellis2k20 wrote:hi all, on stock you can hold the back button in to bring up the sleep/restart menu, is there anyway to re enable this function?
in nova launcher i can at least create an activity icon for settings/power menu, but im not using nova launcher anymore.

after a late night movie its abit rough going through multle menus just to put it to sleep
I use the power button of DroidMote. One press put the device in sleep, long press you have the power menu.

Work with all remotes with power button.

Otherwise you can go in TV settings to sleep or power off.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
paulsavo

Post by paulsavo »

zulu99 wrote:
paulsavo wrote:Just looking at previous posts will there eventually be a dual boot? if so will that mean full android is on an external drive?
Now that we can do everything with full Android, we need dual boot ?
For me there is no one reason.

Maybe i was not clear. Full Android Nougat is the original Nvidia firmware with expanded functionalities, you have the complete Nvidia firmware inside. I found a way to transform the Nvida firmware in full Android but you have all files that the Nvidia firmware have inside.
hi mate you say we dont need dual boot, but as my version only has 16gb would dual boot not be useful so full nougat can be on external drive and allow for games to run on it therefore vastly increase in storage
setopbox

Post by setopbox »

Dellis2k20 wrote:hi all, on stock you can hold the back button in to bring up the sleep/restart menu, is there anyway to re enable this function?

Your TV not cec supported?
If it is and turned on, just switch off our TV and the shield will automatically sleep
Dellis2k20

Post by Dellis2k20 »

its not as simple as going into tv settings, from there i also have to go to sleep options and then also to start sleep mode, thats abit rough when im half asleep lol.

my tv does support cec, but the point off cec/ir blasting is to get rid of remotes, id prefer not to shelve the shield remote.

im still getting used to droidmote, i have payed for it but i dont see a sleep button in there.

on the subject of droidmote, and i seriously dont want to sound rude but, it is really wierd to use and hard to understand, i have made a profile for a game and it is working but the button binds are labeled very strangely, things like north west n stuff i dont even know what that is.

is it possible to bind my dpad buttons?