[ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.0]

Post by zulu99 »

Well, mean that the wifi work also on 2017 model from the words of Veronica.
So the firmware work well also on SATV 16GB 2017

This firmware is the best fusion between stock and full Android.
I don't think an human can do a thing better than this, considering that the source code published by Nvidia is like garbage and that Android TV is a very limited OS.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Wes

Post by Wes »

sask3m wrote:Anyone looking for 5.02 ota zip for 2015 Shield 16 gb model here is a a link. I have flashed this myself and worked perfect.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/shield ... o-t3545423

Now I have a question. If we flash this new Nougat full android and decide to go back what is the correct procedure? Do we simply flash the stock 5.02 back or do we need to use the -w option as well? Last time I went back I still had some full android apps left on my system which I had to manually remove. Thanks.
Before u fastboot reboot, u can fastboot -w.
I also went back and fort with android tv and full android many Times.
In my case, if i do not fastboot -w, I get bootloop.
Wes

Post by Wes »

''Do you guys know of an Android TV apps bank where i can find the official Android TV apps? I figured it out with youtube and proper netflix was already installed but i need few other apps with Android TV friendly UI for my non techy family."

You can try Aptoide tv.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Wes wrote:''Do you guys know of an Android TV apps bank where i can find the official Android TV apps? I figured it out with youtube and proper netflix was already installed but i need few other apps with Android TV friendly UI for my non techy family."

You can try Aptoide tv.
apkmirror.com
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Veronica wrote: a. Settings > Add Account (i had to open play store and login/add my google account from there, after adding my account it is corrwctly displayed in settings but still the "+ Add another account" below force closes.
You can still add others accounts.
One example is via Google Plus, add account and you will have this new Google account at system level on all apps.
You can add many accounts.

Apart this basic functionality, you can have also real new users, with dedicated home, apps, games etc.
If you slide down the status bar, you can add new real users, not just new account to your home.

In this firmware, to have all stock settings ( things that control hardware, components that are very useful ) we lose a small number of traditional settings that we can still have with terminal commands ( in case we found something very necessary )

I'm using the firmware from some days and for now I do not miss anything.

In this firmware i accepted to use the Android TV settings, because has been expanded and inside, now, we have quite everything. This make possible have also many others stock functionalities.

If we want everything, this is the compromise.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Anybody having Trouble casting screen with cellphone?
Casting with YouTube works great.
But when I try to connect cast from cellphone screen I get message " Google cast reciever has stopted".
retu

Post by retu »

I asked the same in October last year under full Android 1.4: klick
Zulu answered:
About the mirroring of a phone, is a functionality that Google disabled via Google Play services, In fact with old versions of google play service it worked. But this is not an useful functionality since we have everything as standalone app. All others cast functionalities like Youtube, Netflix etc are working.

Instead is very useful the fact that you can mirror the screen of shield tv vs others Chromecast, in this way you can have shield tv also in others rooms without move the box.
full answer

a different thing:
is there a mirror for the full nougat 1.0? i have problems with megaupload
n2outlaw

Post by n2outlaw »

zulu99 wrote:In this firmware i accepted to use the Android TV settings, because has been expanded and inside, now, we have quite everything. This make possible have also many others stock functionalities.

I have tested this on a Nvidia Shield TV 2017 and some things I can not get working but first let me say that:

Zulu99, THIS BUILD IS BADASS...... :D and the only thing that could make it better is Xposed.

Problem/Not Working:
1. I can not use WiFi (can turn on switch but does nothing) and it will crash settings (app) after awhile.
2. Old Controllers will not connect (maybe because of the WiFi not being seen)
3. Bluetooth looks for devices but nothing ever shows up.

Things Working:
1. New Shield Controller pairs with everything working even voicecommands
2. New Shield Remote pairs with everything working even voicecommands
advorsky

Post by advorsky »

Hi zulu99!

That image sounds almost too good to be true, great work!

I have 2 things though i would like know before flashing, maybe someone knows already:
- Is Plex Media Server still capable of hardware transcoding on this image ?
- Is the annoying missing files on mounted smb shares bug fixed? (https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... le-systems)

thanks in advance for anyone answering :)
cheers,
alex
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

n2outlaw wrote:
zulu99 wrote:In this firmware i accepted to use the Android TV settings, because has been expanded and inside, now, we have quite everything. This make possible have also many others stock functionalities.

I have tested this on a Nvidia Shield TV 2017 and some things I can not get working but first let me say that:

Zulu99, THIS BUILD IS BADASS...... :D and the only thing that could make it better is Xposed.

Problem/Not Working:
1. I can not use WiFi (can turn on switch but does nothing) and it will crash settings (app) after awhile.
2. Old Controllers will not connect (maybe because of the WiFi not being seen)
3. Bluetooth looks for devices but nothing ever shows up.

Things Working:
1. New Shield Controller pairs with everything working even voicecommands
2. New Shield Remote pairs with everything working even voicecommands
We are talinkg about the 2017 SATV model, that i not tested.

remove the network cable, restart the device and try only wifi.

seems that on shield tv, or you use cable or wifi. I use only wifi, for this reason i not know that you can have one or another.

On 2015 model, wifi, bluetooth and old controller works very well.
I paired also my bluetooth headphones

try without network cable, if not work, should be an easy fix for me whe i have the 2017 model.