[ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
savagepagan

Re: [ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.2]

Post by savagepagan »

How does the TWRP app install TWRP in our Shield? Can it be the same way it does for our mobile devices?
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

Dylan_Douglas wrote:
Veronica wrote:
Dylan_Douglas wrote:Please help. I got this rom installed and running great and then tried to do the steps to get the nvidia games application working fully so i can gamestream from my pc etc. The issue is i think i changed too many things in the buildprop info because every time i reboot i get an error message that there is an internal problem and to contact the device manufacterer. The problem is that i didn't backup the original buildprop files before i edited them. Can someone please send me the buildprop files with the steps already done or provide the original build prop? Thanks in advance
The following attached files are modded build.prop. Dependng on your model 2015 or 2017, download: the one with system label goes under /system, the one with vendor label (the single one attached is for 2015 & 2017) goes under /vendor, rename and replace: both must be renamed as build.prop, set permissions: once each build.prop file has been replaced/overwitten in correct directory you must set permissions to rw-r-r, reboot but if you have 2017 16gb model you must factory reset instead.
If you don't set permissions correctly or mess with build.prop your device can bootloop, if that happens to fix it just reflash system.img

I replaced the build prop files with the ones you have provided but now i have no navigation buttons on the bottom of my screen. i have tile root installed and no matter what i try it won't restore the navagation buttons. Not sure what would cause this?
That's because i removed it with a build.prop edit as doing so has its advantages. Watch the video in 2nd post below "How to have Full Screen / Immersive Mode" to know what string i changed.

Sent from my Tapatalk beta Hub
nVidia Shield TV 2015 Full Android Nougat ~ DroidMote Touch Profiles for Gamepad ~
To have Mouse functionality with right stick like in stock but in all apps you need to install DroidMote Client and Server.
Read the 2nd post for more info.
btrial

Post by btrial »

I have installed Full android nougat on my Shield TV 2017 16GB, along with steps on first page.

Everything works fine, except that when I get into "SuperSu" app, it says that "There is no SU binary".
Just to confirm during installation I have sideloaded SuperSu by command "adb sideload supersupackage.zip".

Does anyone know how can i fix it and make sure i have root access ?

Can I try sideloading SuperSu again through TWRP recovery without loosing all existing data which I have already setup on my full android ?
Should i go with following steps again ? :
4) fastboot boot recovery.img --> to boot TWRP recovery and flash SuperSu package. You need a regular mouse.
5) In TWRP go to: Advanced >> ADB sideload and swipe to enable sideload mode
6) adb sideload supersu_package_name.zip
7) Reboot System
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

savagepagan wrote:How does the TWRP app install TWRP in our Shield? Can it be the same way it does for our mobile devices?
yes, should install to partition detected/named as recovery.

Edit: If tour model is not officially supported then look for an unofficial one and flash via fastboot. Once installed you can easy access/boot into TWRP from power menu third party apps or tile root's power menu tile (you should already have that app installed) or from launcher that support power menu like HALauncher (is what i use after finding Target Home launcher makes it more stable by using that instead of launcher's setting to make it default Home Launcher.)

nVidia Shield TV 2015 Full Android Nougat ~ DroidMote Touch Profiles for Gamepad ~
To have Mouse functionality with right stick like in stock but in all apps you need to install DroidMote Client and Server.
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

btrial wrote:Hi, I installed succesfully nougat on my shield TV 2017 16 GB.
During installation I have sideloaded SuperSu by executing "6) adb sideload supersu_package_name.zip" , of course with my package name.
Everything went fine, but now, when i tried to access "SuperSU" it says that "There is no SU binary installed".

For me it looks that my android is not rooted. Wasn't sideloading SuperSu the purpose of that ?
Thanks for any response.
So did you pay attention to the log in TWRP when you ran that command and saw it autoinstall SuperSU? are you getting that error when opening SuperSU app or other app?.
Try copying SuperSU package to a usb thumb drive, plug it in working usb port of Shield TV, boot into TWRP and flash from there. Check the log.

btrial

Post by btrial »

Hey Veronica

Thank you very much for answer. As you proposed I have sideloaded supersu once more through TWRP and now it is being properly shown as rooted, and i still have all my data.

By the way, this full android is f.......g awesome !!!!

I just wait to see if it is going to work with future Shield Spot's for home automation.
Dylan_Douglas

Post by Dylan_Douglas »

I tried using the methods provided with no success. Is it something else in the buildprop settings that is causing there to be no navagation bar at the bottom? I had the notification bar with my other build prop file. i hope you can help me fix this because i like the navagation bar
savagepagan

Post by savagepagan »

Veronica wrote:
savagepagan wrote:How does the TWRP app install TWRP in our Shield? Can it be the same way it does for our mobile devices?
yes, should install to partition detected/named as recovery.

Edit: If tour model is not officially supported then look for an unofficial one and flash via fastboot. Once installed you can easy access/boot into TWRP from power menu third party apps or tile root's power menu tile (you should already have that app installed) or from launcher that support power menu like HALauncher (is what i use after finding Target Home launcher makes it more stable by using that instead of launcher's setting to make it default Home Launcher.)

The 2015 Shield (foster), Shield Portable(roth), and Shield Tablet(shieldtablet) are officially supported by TWRP. The TWRP app from the play store and TWRP website has the latest TWRP as 3.1.0.0 at least for the foster TV.
savagepagan

Post by savagepagan »

How do I make the blue tooth stay off? I turn it off and it turns back on when I power up my Foster.
savagepagan

Post by savagepagan »

Is there a issue connecting to 5 g because my foster just saves the password, but connects to my 2.4 just fine.