[ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.2]

Post by zulu99 »

Stevie G wrote:Would be awesome if this could be implemented in the future where we are able to use both functionalities at the same time.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
There is no reason, because to write on Shield TV there is no better way than droidmote on phone or with an hardware keyboard that are the same thing.
Anyway in Android is not possible what you suggested.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
fredphoesh

Post by fredphoesh »

Hi Zulu
I did... I even quoted part of the second post in that section...
I asked because the NOTE: at the end of that section quoted below did not make sense to me.
But I suppose I can make the build.prop changes and see if my question is answered.
zulu99 wrote:
fredphoesh wrote:
zulu99 wrote:NOTE: It is better to use sb_na_wf (Nvidia Tablet K1) instead of "foster_e" for Shield TV 2015 or "darcy" for Shield TV 2017 because in that way the Play Store for Android TV version won't automatically install and stop working (won't open at all).
Hi Zulu99 and all,

I am wanting to change the build.prop so Shiled Console games are not seen as incompatible in the play store.
I don't really follow this comment quoted above. Is there an edit I can make that will make the Shield games compatible, but not screw up access to the full market, or is this impossible?

Tx
Mark.
Read the second post, more specifically the section:
[✔] How to have Shield HUB/Geforce Now/Gamestream back
4FF

Post by 4FF »

Thanks, but I still cannot get ethernet to work.

I have used different cables and even a different router.

If I do not connect the ethernet cable until the unit is powered up, it does not disconnect wifi.

AT the router end it appears active.

=====================================================================================================

4FF: However, there is nothing wrong with my routers and the ethernet connection shows active on the router side.

In the ROM Network Settings, even with WiFi switched off, it is not possible to activate the ethernet connection.

It remains: Not connected.

As advised above, I re-flashed system.img and cleared data.

I also cannot see any Power option, to power down or restart the unit.

Zulu99: I don't know what is your problem but on full Android the ethernet connection work without problems. Just connect the cable and the wifi automatically disconnect. i tested right now.
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

4FF wrote:Thanks.

However, there is nothing wrong with my routers and the ethernet connection shows active on the router side.

In the ROM Network Settings, even with WiFi switched off, it is not possible to activate the ethernet connection.

It remains: Not connected.

As advised above, I re-flashed system.img and cleared data.

I also cannot see any Power option, to power down or restart the unit.

Best
To restore power button behaviour read the 2nd post.
You can also find power menu options as Tile (using Tile root for nougat in status bar), from Android TV settings > Info/About and also from launchers that support it.

Sent from my Tapatalk beta Hub
nVidia Shield TV 2015 Full Android Nougat ~ DroidMote Touch Profiles for Gamepad ~
To have Mouse functionality with right stick like in stock but in all apps you need to install DroidMote Client and Server.
Read the 2nd post for more info.
olegef

Post by olegef »

after installing firmware and supersu i'm still out of luck to boot OS. (shield 2017 16gb)
device stucks on nvidia logo. I tried latest supersu release as well as SR3-SuperSu.

what can be the reason of such behavior?
setopbox

Post by setopbox »

@4FF

have it ever occured to you that the ethernet net port might be faulty on your shield ?
4FF

Post by 4FF »

@4FF

have it ever occured to you that the ethernet net port might be faulty on your shield ?

Indeed it has.

It worked on the stock rom.

I will backup your rom and re-install stock to check it again.
tmaniac

Post by tmaniac »

veronica or zulu.;

do you know of a way to change the refresh rate of the Shield when launching Netflix?

Since most content is 23.9hz i'd like the shield to switch to this refresh rate when Netflix is launched (since the netflix app does not do frame rate switching like Kodi does) and thus achieve smooth playback.

i know this can be achieved with tasker, i just don't know the shell-commands to switch the refresh rate.
4FF

Post by 4FF »

@4FF

Indeed it has.

It worked on the stock rom.

I will backup your rom and re-install stock to check it again.
=========================================================
Thanks

The ethernet port must be faulty. I have a replacement unit en route.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

tmaniac wrote:veronica or zulu.;

do you know of a way to change the refresh rate of the Shield when launching Netflix?

Since most content is 23.9hz i'd like the shield to switch to this refresh rate when Netflix is launched (since the netflix app does not do frame rate switching like Kodi does) and thus achieve smooth playback.

i know this can be achieved with tasker, i just don't know the shell-commands to switch the refresh rate.
you can set the refresh rate in TV settings like in the stock firmware. the values are predefined and are the same of stock firmware.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto