[ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.0]

Post by zulu99 »

PLAY911 wrote:
zulu99 wrote:
PLAY911 wrote:Hi all, in 2015 works great,....full screen, nice wifi range, etc....

But I have the same problem....how can I Make the SD and or USb external disk writable??

PLease Help!

Many thx ZULU!!!!!!!
I'm using Es file explorer and Solid Explorer. I have root, i can write.
Many thx ZULU.....Seems you are flooded for all our requests....we forgrt you are not NVIDIA oficial support and I guess you hace a life :D
The problem that I have is make sd writable in order to use it with Quasar add on in Kodi I tried editing platform XML but failed and sdfix doenst work either
Any idea to fix this???
Many thanks again
Best
This is a problem of the addon, or better how Kodi manage addon, because generally with new API you can read and write external storage.
Infact with es file explorer and others apps you can, also without root.

However, i not tested but you can try this:

With a file manager that manage root, mount system read/write, open the file /system/etc/platform.xml

change this:

Code: Select all

<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_MEDIA_STORAGE" >
        <group gid="media_rw" />
        <group gid="sdcard_rw" />
    </permission>
in this:

Code: Select all

<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_MEDIA_STORAGE" >
        <group gid="sdcard_r" />
        <group gid="media_rw" />
        <group gid="sdcard_rw" />
    </permission>
maybe you are lucky ;) In this way every app can write to storage without request permissions. IF for you is not a problem.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
meksis

Post by meksis »

Hi zulu99, I want to thank you for your full androyd Nougat. I have one problem. I want to use third-party launcher, but there I can not put widgets. You receive an error launcher. But on a standard launcher that is in the firmware with him so there is no problem. You could check it out for himself. Thank you. Sincerely meksis.
NVIDIA SHIELD TV 2015 - Full Android Nougat v.1.4 by zulu99
n2outlaw

Post by n2outlaw »

meksis wrote:Hi zulu99, I want to thank you for your full androyd Nougat. I have one problem. I want to use third-party launcher, but there I can not put widgets. You receive an error launcher. But on a standard launcher that is in the firmware with him so there is no problem. You could check it out for himself. Thank you. Sincerely meksis.
I've tested this on a Shield 16GB 2017
Yes I noticed the same thing using a different launcher. I get the error, "failed to create widget." I was trying to use Zooper Widget Free & Pro.

The stock widgets work.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

meksis wrote:Hi zulu99, I want to thank you for your full androyd Nougat. I have one problem. I want to use third-party launcher, but there I can not put widgets. You receive an error launcher. But on a standard launcher that is in the firmware with him so there is no problem. You could check it out for himself. Thank you. Sincerely meksis.
I use Google Now launcher, that i download from Google Play. The widgets works. I will test now..

What launcher you are testing ?
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
drilus

Post by drilus »

@zulu99, My Shield TV 2015 died while updating to Nougat :(

Should I purchase a 2015 or a 2017 model?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

drilus wrote:@zulu99, My Shield TV 2015 died while updating to Nougat :(

Should I purchase a 2015 or a 2017 model?
While you are updating the stock Nvidia firmware ? Strange what you say.

Anyway you can buy also the 2017 model, i received one today. Is smaller and less robust but the basic functionalities are the same.
Wes

Post by Wes »

I tested "Nova launcher, " widgets failed.
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

zulu99 wrote:Found another easy and useful way to have full screen from quick settings

Tile Root for Nougat
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... y.tileroot

work very well and is very confortable.
You're definitely the man, that app works great, thanks for mention it!

... really enjoying my shield tv 2015. Just need to find a way to run linux in android to run a torrent server and few java apps in the background.

BTW tried to run tTorrent lite client but still wont grant write permission to my mounted (within shield settings) NAS SMB server, i tried modifying platform.xml as @zulu99 suggested but still nada, i'll contact app developer to see if he can fix it because for attached usb drive works.

For the time being if anyone has had success downloading torrent to mounted SMB server please let me know what app(s) you used. I picked tTorrent mainly because it has label and transdrone/transdroid support.

Thank you in advance!
Last edited by Veronica on Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nVidia Shield TV 2015 Full Android Nougat ~ DroidMote Touch Profiles for Gamepad ~
To have Mouse functionality with right stick like in stock but in all apps you need to install DroidMote Client and Server.
Read the 2nd post for more info.
meksis

Post by meksis »

Wes wrote:I tested "Nova launcher, " widgets failed.
+1
NVIDIA SHIELD TV 2015 - Full Android Nougat v.1.4 by zulu99
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Wes wrote:I tested "Nova launcher, " widgets failed.
I see, some widgets on nova launcher crash.

But with Google Now Launcher downloaded from google play, all widgets are working.

I'm not talking about the default launcher in the firmware.

On Goolge Now Launcher i tested also Zooper Widget Free.

P.S.
I found the problem. We need others permissions from standard Settings.

In the next build, i will add also standard Android settings, to have all others permissions and settings.
But on this settings, for now, wifi and developer options not works, but is also true that we have this on android tv settings.

What do you think ? I must add also normal android setings ?