[ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.0]

Post by zulu99 »

If currently you have installed full Android Marshmallow on your 2015 model, you can reinstall the stock firmware 3.3 and install the automatic update to stock Nougat 5.0.2

When you are on stock Nougat, you can install the system and vendor image of full Android Nougat.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Wes

Post by Wes »

Great work, thank you zulu99 for your hard work!

Any idea where to find the Stock Firmware 5.02. If something goes wrong and I can start from fresh.

Cannot see it on the nvidia site.

greetings and much thanks for this firmware,

Wesley
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Wes wrote:Great work, thank you zulu99 for your hard work!

Any idea where to find the Stock Firmware 5.02. If something goes wrong and I can start from fresh.

Cannot see it on the nvidia site.

greetings and much thanks for this firmware,

Wesley
You can install the OTA 5.02 zip via TWRP recovery without problems.
You can installe the OTA also with the stock recovery.

On Shield TV you can do everything you want, the important thing is not touch the bootloader in your procedures.
With my mods, i change only system and vendor images, sometimes also boot image. very SAFE
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Wes

Post by Wes »

zulu99 wrote:

On Shield TV you can do everything you want, the important thing is not touch the bootloader in your procedures.
With my mods, i change only system and vendor images, sometimes also boot image. very SAFE
I am on "full Android Nougat" now.

But where to find the stock nvidia firmware 5.02.
Can i wipe my data in trwp wil I get back the stock firmware?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
loki495

Post by loki495 »

Wes wrote:
zulu99 wrote:

I am on "full Android Nougat" now.

But where to find the stock nvidia firmware 5.02.
Can i wipe my data in trwp wil I get back the stock firmware?
Hi Wes. One way to download stock images from nvidia is at https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworksdownload Look for NVIDIA SHIELD TV 2017 Recovery OS Image 5.0.1. That will include all images (boot, vendor, system, etc.) and a script to flash them called "flash-all". Also has instructions.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Also can I change again full_foster e into foster e?
I have a GeForce now account. Wil my playstore be good?
Wes

Post by Wes »

""Look for NVIDIA SHIELD TV 2017 Recovery OS Image 5.0.1. That will include all images (boot, vendor, system, etc.) and a script to flash them called "flash-all". Also has instructions.""
I can use same firmware as for 2015 model? IT is the same as 2017? Only the bootloader is different? Is this correct?
loki495

Post by loki495 »

zulu99 wrote:
Full Android Nougat for Shield TV

v.1.0
Android on TV is not just movies and songs but also millions of apps and games.
This firmware want be full Android Experience with NO Limits.
With Android you can run all standard Google Play apps and also apps made specifically for Android TV.
For the best interaction with Android from your couch i suggest DroidMote, because with DroidMote multi-touch is not a problem on TV.
Hi Zulu. I was able to set up the Nougat image in internal storage on my 2017 16Gb! Looks like its pretty much ready for it. I also rooted it with Veronica's steps
Veronica wrote: After the fastboot -w command i made a pause to download TWRP recovery from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/shield ... 7-t3545544 (again uncompressed the package within C:\ADB folder) and also downloaded latest Supersu recovery flashable zip from http://www.supersu.com/download and moved it to C:\ADB folder.
Then i typed: fastboot boot recovery.img command to start TWRP (not install).
Once booted up in TWRP i needed a mouse only to be able to swipe when required, the first important swipe is to allow write to system (i was using a Logitech k400 keyboard+mouse combo but could not swipe with it). Next i went to Advanced option in TWRP and selected ADB Sideload to sideload Supersu zip in order to root the Shield TV with the following command: adb sideload SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815.zip .Immediately after that TWRP auto installed the .zip, then finally i just had to hit the Reboot System button.
One thing I did notice is that WiFi is not working. I use ethernet, so I'm ok, but if I click the top right settings and go to see WiFi networks, it looks like its is scanning, but not finding any networks. It only affected me by preventing some games from downloading data, but no big deal.

I bought DroidMote and I'm still trying to figure it out. Is there a way to use the new game controller right stick as mouse? I have both server and client installed, and it connects to it. Even switching keyboard to droidmoteIME didn't work. For the moment I am using a usb wifi mouse for some apps. Both the new controller and remote work fine.

But overall it's great! All apps I tried worked, facebook crashed when full screen videos at first but now seems ok. SPMC and youtube play 1080 and 4k with 5.1 sound, most games are fine either with the native controller or with the mouse.

Great work!!
beng

Post by beng »

YOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!
Thank YOU Zulu99
will try to install it tonight and post feedback afterwards!
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

DO NOT INSTALL OTA OF A MODEL ON OTHERS MODELS

DO NOT USE OTA OF 2017 DEVICES IN 2015 DEVICES FOR ANY REASON.

The OTA contain also the bootloader and can brick your device.

With full Android we change only system and vendor images, for this reason the operation is SAFE.