[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.7]

Post by zulu99 »

New version 5.1.0 of DroidMote Client is on Google Play

Add keyboard support in droidmoteIME

When you have the Client and the Server on same device with droidmoteIME enabled, now you can use also the keyboard like an hardware controller.

You can play multi touch games and games that require controllers with your keyboard.

So, based on game difficulty, now you can choose the controller on phone, an hardware controller or the keyboard.

The mouse for now is not mapped because, in Android, an IME can't capture the mouse events.

Like with the controller on phone and the hardware controller you can map the keyboard keys to touch actions with the app Touch Profile Creator.

The current mapping is in beta and is listed in the image below:

If you have suggestions for a better mapping let me know
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
apollo125

Post by apollo125 »

zulu99 wrote:A question, the default launcher is perfect for me, why some of you want Nova Launcher ?

What have Nova Launcher that is so important ?
I've used Nova on all my android boxes as I like the customization, layout also backup and restore my destop. I've just got 2017 shield 16gb and I want to try your ROM. I normally use a USB Air mouse remote to navigate Nova to drag and drop icons, widgets etc. Is this possible using a USB air mouse remote.
Rechims

Post by Rechims »

Since the Oreo update my Shield TV has got a sound problem. Every minute or so, the sound drops for a second and gets normal again. This happens with all audio and video apps and with the build in Chromecast as well.

I know it’s a Nvidia bug, cause I read about it on the Shield forum. But the people complaining about it, had this bug over a year ago when they were on Nougat.

Is there anyone with Full Android that has this problem and can it be solved? I’ve tried every audio setting in the settings menu, but the problem still exists.
Unibomber

Post by Unibomber »

Does this version support aptx/aptxhd bluetooth? It seems nvidia has decided to take it out with their own version of android TV.
Mogster

Post by Mogster »

I use the fixed volume setting and I've never had this problem.
Rebel_X

Post by Rebel_X »

Hi Zulu,
Nice work on the ROM and DroidMote, I just bought it :)
Just to clarify, I can't use Touch Mouse (if I install DroidMote Server and Client both on Shield) with a real Mouse attached to the Shield via bluetooth dongle? I tried, It only works when DroidMote Client is shown ad once I hide it, it does not work. :/ If I have to use the controller or the remote for selecting items on the view list, it defeats the purpose of having a mouse in the first place. Mouse is the best when having Full Android TV. I don't think Nvidia will fix it since they don't care about mouse implementation, they have the REMOTE and GAMEPAD, and a TV MODE that does not make any sense to use the mouse with.

If not, would you please provide a solution like an Xposed Module as you mentioned before to fix the mouse behavior! The current bug is really annoying, most my apps I use have list view box and mouse behavior is really frustrating. Or can tell which files needs to be replaced once I deodex the firmware? Some root apps allow to deodex the firmware.

BTW, the notes on the first post should be updated, I bricked my first ShieldTV (2017 16GB) a few days ago (no fast boot, no LED indicator, nothing), I was on Nougat Full Android, I tried to go to stock OREO by flashing everything that the ZIP file has (Yeah, including the "BLOB" -bootloader- file), I didn't think it would harm the Shield since I was upgrading not downgrading!!!! AND your note was only refering to the 2015 model of the shield. I am not blaming you. In the end it is my fault.

So basically, I can flash anything except the BLOB (bootloader) file right?
How to downgrade to Nougat from Full Oreo to Full Nougat?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Rebel_X wrote:Hi Zulu,
Nice work on the ROM and DroidMote, I just bought it :)
Just to clarify, I can't use Touch Mouse (if I install DroidMote Server and Client both on Shield) with a real Mouse attached to the Shield via bluetooth dongle? I tried, It only works when DroidMote Client is shown ad once I hide it, it does not work. :/ If I have to use the controller or the remote for selecting items on the view list, it defeats the purpose of having a mouse in the first place. Mouse is the best when having Full Android TV. I don't think Nvidia will fix it since they don't care about mouse implementation, they have the REMOTE and GAMEPAD, and a TV MODE that does not make any sense to use the mouse with.

If not, would you please provide a solution like an Xposed Module as you mentioned before to fix the mouse behavior! The current bug is really annoying, most my apps I use have list view box and mouse behavior is really frustrating. Or can tell which files needs to be replaced once I deodex the firmware? Some root apps allow to deodex the firmware.

BTW, the notes on the first post should be updated, I bricked my first ShieldTV (2017 16GB) a few days ago (no fast boot, no LED indicator, nothing), I was on Nougat Full Android, I tried to go to stock OREO by flashing everything that the ZIP file has (Yeah, including the "BLOB" -bootloader- file), I didn't think it would harm the Shield since I was upgrading not downgrading!!!! AND your note was only refering to the 2015 model of the shield. I am not blaming you. In the end it is my fault.

So basically, I can flash anything except the BLOB (bootloader) file right?
How to downgrade to Nougat from Full Oreo to Full Nougat?
The touch mouse can be used with droidmote client on phone ( when you control shield tv with your phone ), or when you use the hardware controller. In fact the right stick of the hardware controller can control the mouse and also the touch mouse when droidmoteIME is enabled.

I not use an hardware mouse to control my Shield TV, i use always my phone with droidmote client inside. Apart that an hardware mouse on the couch is not a comfortable thing.

For the patch of the firmware i already explained in the past that the patch ruine others things. This bug is officially explained by Google with a fix in Oreo 8.1. Therefore you should request the bug fix to Nvidia developers because is present also in the stock firmware.

My suggestion is to not downgrade Shield TV because you need also the correct bootloader and the bootloader downgrade can create serious problems. because nvidia developers are not competents in this part.

I always wrote in this forum that the right way to upgrade shield tv is with the official Nvidia procedure. To do this, if you are on Full Android Nougat, install the stock Nougat firmware, update officially to Oreo and after you can install Full Android Oreo. and so on for all new android versions. I suggest the Nvidia procedure because in this way you update the bootloader in the correct way and like was intended by Nvidia.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
hugh a

Post by hugh a »

an xposed module patch would be great! so that some of us could update from 1.5 back to 1.7. i know you cant make every one happy but with the
xposed module we would have that option .
Rebel_X

Post by Rebel_X »

So how to downgrade to 1.5? Just flash system and vendor?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

You're right and I'm Wrong

I turned back to Full Android Nougat 1.5
Oreo on Shield TV is garbage at solid state
Now everything is wonderful and fast like in the past.

I think that Google and Nvidia are trying to destroy Shield TV. Because a powerful device like Shield TV with a good full Android firmware inside can create problems to the economic interests of Google and of Nvidia.

Anyway despite i was forced to downgrade also the bootloader, i returned back.
Oreo really is the most negative firmware made by Nvidia and make the device unusable.
I explained everything in the previous posts of this thread.
Mainly very old source code of Oreo 8.0 full of bug not corrected, but corrected by Google with Oreo 8.1

TO DOWNGRADE I USED THIS PROCEDURE:

Download the stock Nvidia firmware 6.3
Download full Android Nougat 1.5

Create a folder and put inside system.img and vendor.img from full Android firmware and boot.img and blob from stock firmware.

Open command prompt, enter in the created directory and put the shield tv in fastboot mode with the microusb cable connected to PC

fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash staging blob
fastboot -w

To root, after the first start, get the original boot.img and patch with magisk manager that you can install on Shield TV.
Get the patched boot image and flash in the device.

fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img

To fix the bug that Magisk forget who apps have root on every restart:

Open the file /system/build.prop with a text editor

Add this line:

Code: Select all

debug.sqlite.journalmode=DISABLE
Delete the files:

Code: Select all

/data/adb/magisk.db
/data/adb/magisk.db-wal
Reboot.

A BIG FUCK OFF TO NVIDIA THAT WITH OREO TRIED TO NEUTRALIZE THE POWER OF SHIELD TV
I THINK ON PURPOSE