[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.6]

Post by zulu99 »

greystash wrote:Thanks for your quick update

Can you tell what the mouse fix will change?
i linked the bug https://android-review.googlesource.com ... e/+/551840

in real life means that if you have a list ( example go in settings->apps - the list of all installed apps ), you can't click on the desidered app with the mouse if before you have scrolled all down.

but you can use the directional keys or the DroidMote Touch Mouse without problems.

this bug is present also on stock firmware. You can install an apk that have an AbsListView and try with a mouse.

In previous full Android versions i patched this bug modifying the framework and deodexing the firmware, but since this create problems on others things, i not implemented in the last firmware. Also because this is a bug fixed by Android developers many months ago but Nidia developers still use very old Android source code for their firmwares.

But in return, the version 1.6 of full Android Oreo for Shield TV, is faster and more stable.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

What i think about the new Shield Remote on phone ?

I'm very happy that Nvidia published a remote that want mimic the basic functionalities of DroidMote.

Why ?

Because in this way the world can understand how DroidMote is good. And also because i never tested in my life a remote more garbage than the one published by Nvidia. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please, before to update to Full Android 1.6, test the Nvidia remote app on Android TV and make a big laugh with me..... do not trust my words, you must try....i want that you try.

With the boot images of Full Android, you can root also Android TV, after install DroidMote and compare :D :D :D
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
greystash

Post by greystash »

Do you know when nvidia release the recovery version for 7.1?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

greystash wrote:Do you know when nvidia release the recovery version for 7.1?
Install the 7.0.2 and update automatically to 7.1 this is the best way.

Test the garbage remote of Nvidia :D and after erase everything and install the SUPER Full Android 1.6 Experience
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

OFF TOPIC.

Touch Profile Creator is a small usefull app to create and edit touch profiles for DroidMote.

Work very well and is a companion app of DroidMote.

Despite the description and video in Google Play is very clear, many mind-less users, continue put one star on Google PLay because they belive that just with this app you can play multi touch games. I repeat, the description is esaustive.

If you someone want help me, i accept suggestion on how to avoid this problem.

And i'm very happy if you help me with your vote.....
khinmaung

Post by khinmaung »

Is it possible to ad this commit? This commit will help mouse right click button behave like back button.

https://github.com/timduru/platform-fra ... 4329abe115
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

khinmaung wrote:Is it possible to ad this commit? This commit will help mouse right click button behave like back button.

https://github.com/timduru/platform-fra ... 4329abe115
In Android, mouse right click is mouse right click. The back button have a back button.
Right mouse click is very useful in many apps and can't be assigne to back button. Remote desktop apps, and all apps that require a context menu.

Many users do what you request many years ago at time of Android 4.0.
Now we stay in the era of Android PIE 9.0 that support right mouse button like all others previous version of Android.

What you request is like a blasphemy for me.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

A small video with Full Android 1.6 in action.

Nothing special, my first gameplay with 1.6, but you can see the settings menu with the new numbering.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csBXYmaH64U

But i advice you, 1.6 is too fast. it's so fast that it could lift the sheets off your couch. :D :D :D :D :D
greystash

Post by greystash »

I have to agree khinmaung

On (standard) tablet android there is no right click mouse button. Isnt it referred to Android TV which has this behavior only? I don't really know an app which is really better with the right click button. Normally you can get this behavior also with long left click. I think back button is much more comfortable, especially if you use a remote. I know you prefer droidmote which is indeed a really good app, especially with using the gamepad. But most users still prefer a remote control (airmouse) instead of a smartphone to navigate. Would it be possible generally to change the right mouse click behavior to back button? Maybe as an additional xposed module together with your planned mouse fixes?

I think many users would appreciate your great ROM even more
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

greystash wrote:I have to agree khinmaung

On (standard) tablet android there is no right click mouse button. Isnt it referred to Android TV which has this behavior only? I don't really know an app which is really better with the right click button. Normally you can get this behavior also with long left click. I think back button is much more comfortable, especially if you use a remote. I know you prefer droidmote which is indeed a really good app, especially with using the gamepad. But most users still prefer a remote control (airmouse) instead of a smartphone to navigate. Would it be possible generally to change the right mouse click behavior to back button? Maybe as an additional xposed module together with your planned mouse fixes?

I think many users would appreciate your great ROM even more
Before being the DroidMote developer, i'm an user of Android tv boxes from more that 7 years.
I tested almost everything.

The most uncomfortable thing that an user can do is use an air-mouse, because i call it mouse with Parkinson disease.
Not natural scolling, the mouse pointer in the most disparate places without your will, horrible when you write text and you can't assume very relaxed position on your couch since you need to move well your arm.

Many Chinese models have dongle that create interferences with everything wireless you have in your house, also with your fridge. :lol:

With an air-mouse the only thing that i could do well is to direct an airplane to an hangar :lol:

But everyone have his preferences......

And sorry if tonight i joke with the words too much, but i'm very happy because i tested the Nvidia remote on phone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A so big brand like NVIDIA can't have that garbage published on Google PLay. She lose a lot of points.