[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
droidkid

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Post by droidkid »

zulu99 wrote:
droidkid wrote:
droidkid wrote:Hi,

love what you did with full android 1.10.
However Colorimetry is missing in the developer option menu...under Media
Can it be added on...it's on the 7.2.2 firmware.... ;)
It is already in the firmware also if you not see it in developer option. I can fix in 2 minutes with a new tv settings apk.
The fact is that i don't want publish anoter update just for this because if is so necessary, you can trigger it also with an adb command. You should check the getprop and setprop manually.

Anyway if required by many, i can also publish the setting apk and in next version of full Android i will not forget it.

What do this option precisly ? I don't see it in any other Android firmware.
Here is a quote on what Colorimetry setting does from a Geforce forum user: "...This option is mainly for TVs not handling Rec. 709 content played via a Rec. 2020 signal properly.

Or, to put it more simply: if you're playing SDR content (like a regular DVD / HD BluRay) on a TV which is able to handle Rec. 2020 content like UHD HDR videos (usually 4K HDR TVs).

Some TVs don't show proper colors if they get Rec. 709 content via a Rec. 2020 signal since they do some improper color mapping.
That's what this option is for, it will automatically switch the signal to Rec. 709 when you're playing SDR content - and to Rec. 2020 when you're playing HDR content.

Bottom line is:
do not turn this option on if you don't have the described setup or if you don't have any problems.
This option is irrelevant if you don't have a Rec. 2020 capable TV / device. I guess nVidia will disable this option in the future if you don't have such a device anyways."

This also helps with the washout colors on the launcher screens and Chrome browser. When selected, the color on screen are more vivid.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Many thanks for response

1. Amazon music UK app works fine but when I add to home screens or navigation bar on restart shortcuts gone.

4. Have followed post with no success in getting screen saver to work.

7. I was under them impression yours is full android, isn't it?

Cheer's
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

droidkid wrote:
Here is a quote on what Colorimetry setting does from a Geforce forum user: "...This option is mainly for TVs not handling Rec. 709 content played via a Rec. 2020 signal properly.

Or, to put it more simply: if you're playing SDR content (like a regular DVD / HD BluRay) on a TV which is able to handle Rec. 2020 content like UHD HDR videos (usually 4K HDR TVs).

Some TVs don't show proper colors if they get Rec. 709 content via a Rec. 2020 signal since they do some improper color mapping.
That's what this option is for, it will automatically switch the signal to Rec. 709 when you're playing SDR content - and to Rec. 2020 when you're playing HDR content.

Bottom line is:
do not turn this option on if you don't have the described setup or if you don't have any problems.
This option is irrelevant if you don't have a Rec. 2020 capable TV / device. I guess nVidia will disable this option in the future if you don't have such a device anyways."

This also helps with the washout colors on the launcher screens and Chrome browser. When selected, the color on screen are more vivid.

Thanks for the explaination. I will provide the apk before and in next update i will add in the firmware.

Anyway the framework 7.2.2 already have everything and also this option inside and you can trigger also this option manually.
You just not see the option in tv settings apk under developer options... because i used the previous tv settings apk version.

A developer should be able to trigger the option manually :)
Apart the joke i not understand why Nvidia added in developer options...... usually developers options are options to enable debug things...not official things. Maybe because this happen only on some "not good" TV.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Lenana

Post by Lenana »

Hello guys, just bought new shield pro and am about to set it up. Having never owned a shield before I am a bit confused about the naming of device firmware. I have tried googling but no clip explains or shows android version and corresponding firmware version. Now, when I set up the device its forcing an update on me...and I don't want to move to a higher version than the required 7.2.2 for installation of full android v.1.10 because downgrading can be hectic if not impossible. The question is is stock firmware v 7.2.2 same as Oreo 8.1 same as shield experience 7.2?
mzmeru

Post by mzmeru »

Hello
Unable to do screen capture after installing full android v1.10.

Share enable in system setting. Nothing happen when pressing and holding home buttons

Anyone know how to get it working

Tq
Stevie G

Post by Stevie G »

Hi zulu

I have full android 1.9 and want to go to 1.10
Can i flash with recovery 7.2.1 and then upgrade to 7.2.2 and then flash 1.10

Currently 1.10 is based on 7.2.1 stock.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Stevie G wrote:Hi zulu

That's the way I did it. I downgraded then upgrade and then followed tutorial.
Last edited by Topcat on Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Hi zulu

I have just started getting system ui crash when I open amazon music uk. Its down to the app going full screen but conflicts with top notifications bar. It was fine and working, but is happening constantly now. I guess I need to change the way the amazon app is trying to open. Amazon video adjusts finally without any errors.
Stevie G

Post by Stevie G »

Topcat wrote:
Stevie G wrote:Hi zulu

That's the way I did it. I downgraded then upgrade and then followed tutorial.
Ok, cool thanks man. I'll do the upgrade later.

It's such a schlep to start over each time when zulu does a nee firmware. :(
greystash

Post by greystash »

7.2.2 recovery is available since yesterday