[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
Stevie G

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.7]

Post by Stevie G »

Sealwolfy wrote:I couldn't get rid of the error. I tried reinstalling like 5 times, I always get errors on fastboot -w. So I went back to v1.5 though I still get the error on fastboot -w. I did a data wipe, everything works.
Did you Boot into twrp recovery and data wipe first then do the usual steps to flash?
Sealwolfy

Post by Sealwolfy »

Stevie G wrote:
Sealwolfy wrote:I couldn't get rid of the error. I tried reinstalling like 5 times, I always get errors on fastboot -w. So I went back to v1.5 though I still get the error on fastboot -w. I did a data wipe, everything works.
Did you Boot into twrp recovery and data wipe first then do the usual steps to flash?
As I said, I did revert back to V1.5. I did the following link instructions after I flashed. V1.7 never worked for me.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers ... /related/1
cabaninho

Post by cabaninho »

I come to ask for your best help.

My nvidia shield does not start and Always stay with the android symbols to rotate.
I need restore my box box but Fastboot mode with Controller method dont work and via pc dont detect device.
I do not know if there is another solution to restore... Please help

androidguy99

Post by androidguy99 »

Is there anyway to fix the casting position? I've tried to use the overscan settings and to disable overscan on my TV. Everything is properly centered EXCEPT casting content! Didn't have this problem on the Nougat firmware.
elpablo

Post by elpablo »

First of all, thank you for your work. I installed this ROM but Google Play Services were crashing a lot (I had an error about the size of the partition during fastboot -w but I performed a factory reset right after install), so I tried to go back to stock firmware. I followed Nvidia's instructions and I broke my box. I've flashed other ROMS in the past and I've rooted all my phones and it's the first time I broke a device. I still don't understand why.

I got a replacement box and I wanted to give this ROM another shot, but I don't want to make mistakes. So can you please tell me what partitions do I have to flash if I want to go back to stock firmware (if something goes wrong with this ROM or I want to install an official update in the future)? If we only have flash boot, system and vendor to install this ROM, flashing stock boot, system and vendor should be enough to restore stock ROM. But all tutorials on how to go back to stock/unroot the box include that blob file that I suspect was the cause of breaking my Shield.
androidguy99

Post by androidguy99 »

androidguy99 wrote:Is there anyway to fix the casting position? I've tried to use the overscan settings and to disable overscan on my TV. Everything is properly centered EXCEPT casting content! Didn't have this problem on the Nougat firmware.
I found that if I change the DPI to 300 it fixes the issue however I then lose the navigation bar. I can live with this but would like to have both...
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

elpablo wrote:First of all, thank you for your work. I installed this ROM but Google Play Services were crashing a lot (I had an error about the size of the partition during fastboot -w but I performed a factory reset right after install), so I tried to go back to stock firmware. I followed Nvidia's instructions and I broke my box. I've flashed other ROMS in the past and I've rooted all my phones and it's the first time I broke a device. I still don't understand why.

I got a replacement box and I wanted to give this ROM another shot, but I don't want to make mistakes. So can you please tell me what partitions do I have to flash if I want to go back to stock firmware (if something goes wrong with this ROM or I want to install an official update in the future)? If we only have flash boot, system and vendor to install this ROM, flashing stock boot, system and vendor should be enough to restore stock ROM. But all tutorials on how to go back to stock/unroot the box include that blob file that I suspect was the cause of breaking my Shield.

start with last stock firmware installed.

to install full android, you replace just boot, system and vendor images

to turn back reinstall the original boot, system and vendor images.

in this way nothing can happen, also if you install a windows iso instead of the right file :)

The only problem of Shield TV is the unstable and shit bootloader made by Nvidia, but this is a Nvidia problem.
When you are on last firmware, you already have installed the last bootloader.
With all my firmwares and mods, i not suggest to users to install manually a bootloader. The uodate of the bootloader and the brick of the device, can happen only with the standard Nvidia update procedure and if something happen is just an affair of Nvidia.

The bootloader is where resides fastboot. In fastboot mode, you can always re-flash everything you want. Therefore, if you not touch the bootloader, if fastboot work, you can do all the errors that you want with boot, system,vendor and recovery images.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
bpman14

Post by bpman14 »

androidguy99 wrote:
androidguy99 wrote:Is there anyway to fix the casting position? I've tried to use the overscan settings and to disable overscan on my TV. Everything is properly centered EXCEPT casting content! Didn't have this problem on the Nougat firmware.
I found that if I change the DPI to 300 it fixes the issue however I then lose the navigation bar. I can live with this but would like to have both...

Hey androidguy99, did you try settings below from second post on full oreo rom.

Some Android TV apps not fit the screen ?:

# Root required #
You can hide completly the Navigation Bar.
When you use DroidMote or others remotes, you don't need the Navigation Bar.

Open the file /system/build.prop with a text editor

Change:
CODE: SELECT ALL

qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

To:
CODE: SELECT ALL

qemu.hw.mainkeys=1

Reboot

After making this change. You can get the navigation bar back by downloading navigation bar from play store.you should no longer have black bar on right side and bottom and things will be centered with screen
Dramosith

Post by Dramosith »

Hello again here, i was trying to everything to install here. upgrade but it keep forever "No Command" so it died now? cant i any fixed that?
cabaninho

Post by cabaninho »

I have full android oreo in my nvidia shield tv 2017 but now the System bootloop on Android circles animation (dont start box).
- I try fastboot with Controller but dont work (many, many times)
- I try conect to pc but dont connect device with fastboot
bricked bootloader??

I dont have solutions.... please help.
Sorry my english