[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.7]

Post by zulu99 »

I found a bug and corrected with 1.7 version.

Bug on UI graphic elements. Nothing problematic, but was necessary.

If you installed the 1.6, reinstall this and wipe.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
khinmaung

Post by khinmaung »

@zulu99 Do you have source code published some where (github)? thanks
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

khinmaung wrote:@zulu99 Do you have source code published some where (github)? thanks
The work on Shield TV is not based on full compilation, because Nvidia publish only what is already public, maily the AOSP source code without his modifications with the additions of some precompiled blobs.

The Nvidia source code is here: https://nv-tegra.nvidia.com/gitweb/
But with this source you can create just a shit firmware ( if it start ) without all the goodness that you have now.

So my approach on Shield TV is different. I start from the stock Nvidia firmware and on this i add all missing components that a complete Android version have and that Android TV not have.

But work in this condition, without source code, and inserting components on others of which you not have source code, is almost a MISSION IMPOSSIBLE.

I can because i know Android firmwares very well in all parts, because i compiled many firmwares in the past for many chinese Android boxes.

In Internet, you can find only one full Android firmware for Shield TV with all components of the stock firmware working, because only a CRAZY MAN can do this. A normal developer will say: fuck off Nvidia and all your closed products.

The only source that i use for some components is here https://nv-tegra.nvidia.com/gitweb/ , on this components and on stock components many smali and backsmali, reverse engineering of apk, resign and many others hacks.

Just few others notes:

For the development of DroidMote, have the full Android firmware for Shield TV is not vital. Because in the world, for every Shield TV, we have at least 20 Chinese no-brand Android boxes. Most users use just Kodi and few others pirate apps and many games. Therefore my target is this for the DroidMote development.

But i work on Shield TV, because have very good hardware and because have licenses for Netflix and Amazon and because i hate companies that sell products using open source code but without publish his source.

I'm a small developer, not a company, for me is different and i not sell things with open source inside. And all that i find i share with others. But i can't share the content of my mind on github :D

The era of ARM Android boxes is at the END. In few months, the price of powerful Intel boxes will became cheaper. At this point or Ubuntu or Chromium OS will be more suitable for a box, because on both OS ( that you can update by yourself without any help ) you can run everything you want, also Android apps, Windows games and all pirate apps that you know.
https://youtu.be/N_Okubh3YX8
https://youtu.be/Kd4NUx9LTQg
https://youtu.be/n1Quk1exooc

We don't like the MAFIA of the Android world where you must accept the conditions of Google and of few others big companies. For this reason more versatile products will arrive soon where you will be the real owner.

If you can buy an X86_64 box with the same power of Shield TV and with same price, you must be just a masochist if you buy an arm64 box, simply because on X86_64 box you can install every OS you want.

An OS must be a common territory for all developers and not just a walled garden where only some companies can have privileged permissions.

And don't forget, you can decide the future because you can vote with your wallet.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Sealwolfy

Post by Sealwolfy »

After updating to Full Android V1.7 I keep getting Nvidia Customizations has stopped and Developer Widget has stopped. Anyone know how to fix this annoying error?
When I did the the upgrade from Stock Firmware 7.0.2. The fastboot -w did not work, it shows a error. I did a factory data reset in storage % reset section but that didn't fix the problem.
Thanks
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Sealwolfy wrote:After updating to Full Android V1.7 I keep getting Nvidia Customizations has stopped and Developer Widget has stopped. Anyone know how to fix this annoying error?
When I did the the upgrade from Stock Firmware 7.0.2. The fastboot -w did not work, it shows a error. I did a factory data reset in storage % reset section but that didn't fix the problem.
Thanks
upgrade fastboot from google and do fastboot -w
https://developer.android.com/studio/re ... form-tools

you have this error because you not wiped the device.
what you mentioned are stuff of Android TV that are still present in your data partition that you not wiped well.

Not happen to me.
greystash

Post by greystash »

I cannot use nova launcher correctly. There is no option to add or edit widgets or shortcuts. Can you prove this? The mouse scroll bug would be nice to fix soon as well. Why did this not happen with FAO 1.5?

Besides it would be very nice if you could update droidmote server on amazon appstore as well. There is still 3.99. With Oreo I always get error "DMS: Can't download integrity checker". Thanks
greystash

Post by greystash »

There is no other launcher working expect the standard rootless pixel one. Could you please fix that?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

greystash wrote:I cannot use nova launcher correctly. There is no option to add or edit widgets or shortcuts. Can you prove this? The mouse scroll bug would be nice to fix soon as well. Why did this not happen with FAO 1.5?

Besides it would be very nice if you could update droidmote server on amazon appstore as well. There is still 3.99. With Oreo I always get error "DMS: Can't download integrity checker". Thanks
The mouse bug is what not permit you to drag widgets or drag icons in nova launcher.

https://android-review.googlesource.com ... e/+/551840

Is a bug that must solve Nvidia. I already explained in previous posts. I know how to solve, infact on 1.5 i solved, but the solution need the deodexing of the firmware that bring many others problems. Is a know bug solved by Google many months ago, but still Nvidia have the bug on his firmwares.

The bug is present also on stock firmware.

Anyway launchers optimized for Android 8 will work well.
If you need others launcher that not have Android oreo optimization, you can use the DroidMote touch mouse.

With the DroidMote Touch Mouse ( red pointer ) you can drag icons and widgets on launchers not optimized for Android 8 and scroll on AbsListView.

Anyway the default rootless pixel launcher is very very good and you can do everything with the normal DroidMote mouse and with an hardware mouse.

You can request support of the Pixel Launcher developer, that if read my posts and expecially the Google link of the bug in question, for sure will solve and will make his launcher compatible with many Oreo firmware + mouse affected by the bug introduced by Android developers in AOSP.

About Amazon:
I'm sorry, i removed DroidMote and all my apps from Amazon app store because the service of Amazon to publish apps and the policies are garbage. First he accepted DroidMote Server but after, on every update, the update is not accepted because the app require root. Amazon app store is a service managed by idiots since also when i published the Server the fisrt time he required root.
greystash

Post by greystash »

Would it be possible to send me a voucher for play store so that I don't have to pay twice?
KnurlFist

Post by KnurlFist »

Thank you for new version. 1.7.

I just want to clarify to make sure I understand correct.

1.7v will not allow me to pick my own launcher and will not let me add widgets on my homescreen. Also I can’t drag icons?

DroidMote will solve add widget issue for 1.7v?

But 1.5v does allow me do all those?

Does live wallpaper work on any of those version?

Thank you for your hard work.