[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
greystash

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.7]

Post by greystash »

I have done it the same way. From fan to recovery 7.0.2 like you wrote in the third post - I had no problems there. Why do you recommend to skip the bat file?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

greystash wrote:I have done it the same way. From fan to recovery 7.0.2 like you wrote in the third post - I had no problems there. Why do you recommend to skip the bat file?

For the installation of recovery firmware equal to your actual version:

optional if you have problems.

one by one and not with the bat, you can understand better what you are doing and what is not completed in case of problems.

IN GENERAL:

If you are on Nogout, the best way is install equal recovery firmware version and let the device update automatically. Because in this way, the update of the bootloader is responsability of Nvidia. you are not updating manually the bootloader but with a standard Nvidia procedure.

The update process of the Shield bootloader was not a simple thing in the past and can cause serious problems.

If you update with the standard Nvidia procedure, the responsability of the update process is of Nvidia.

Just this.

Only the bootloader is sensitive. For this reason i suggest to install recovery firmware equal to your current version. After the automatic update, when you are on correct bootloader, you can do everything you want. wrong boot, system, vendor, recovery, nothing happen. You can always turn back because the bootloader is working and you can return in fastboot mode.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
greystash

Post by greystash »

Could my cursor problems correlate with this?
Last edited by greystash on Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

greystash wrote:Could my cursor problems correlate with this?
no, i don't think, but i'm not sure. go in fastboot and check what version of bootloader you have.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
greystash

Post by greystash »

Besides do you know the input for tasker or a similar app if I wonna set the shield to sleep at a certain time? I just find the task reboot (with shutdown and bootloder for selection) but there is no option to select the shield sleepmode available in the shield settings
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

greystash wrote:Besides do you know the input for tasker or a similar app if I wonna set the shield to sleep at a certain time? I just find the task reboot (with shutdown and bootloder for selection) but there is no option to select the shield sleepmode available in the shield settings
should be a very simple step for tasker. just send the power button key event after the time that you want.
greystash

Post by greystash »

Which power button key event is the correct one for sleepmode and not shutdown, just sleep?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

greystash wrote:Which power button key event is the correct one for sleepmode and not shutdown, just sleep?
there is only one power key event in linux. if you send one time you go in sleep, if you long press the power button the power menu will exit.

If you are on full Android and you have the 2015 model, try with the power hardware button to understand. with a fake event you can have the same behaviour.

anyway the power button raw keyevent is 116
greystash

Post by greystash »

Thanks, i found it

Another thing concerns amazon video and tasker. Do you know a possibility to select prime video in profiles? As you know the app isn't listed in the normal list, its just a process. I know the instructions to use it via shortcuts and secure settings for Tasks but not for Profiles to get an event if I open Amazon video. Selecting apps within profiles I cannot select prime video. Do you have an idea?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

greystash wrote:Thanks, i found it

Another thing concerns amazon video and tasker. Do you know a possibility to select prime video in profiles? As you know the app isn't listed in the normal list, its just a process. I know the instructions to use it via shortcuts and secure settings for Tasks but not for Profiles to get an event if I open Amazon video. Selecting apps within profiles I cannot select prime video. Do you have an idea?
Or you open from android tv settings

Or you can crate a shortcut with the app quickshortcutMaker

But this are old instructions. And valid for all tv apps.

Also the default launcher should have an option to add shortcut but i not tested.

For sure you can with quickshortcutmaker