[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
jbsasuke

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.8]

Post by jbsasuke »

greetings I need root in my shield 2015 with 7.2.1 to use droidmote and more flash applications the boot that is here from previous version and my shield is sprayed but since I turn it off and turn it on it loses root with magisk some solution
SteAltH

Post by SteAltH »

Had some problems with setting Live Wallpaper on new Full Oreo v1.8. Solved it by installing "Live Wallpaper Picker" (system app) from my backup of old system (Full Oreo 1.7).
If you need it - you can have it:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17WNj9I ... sp=sharing
Please, zulu99, include this app back in later build of your ROM!
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

SteAltH wrote:Had some problems with setting Live Wallpaper on new Full Oreo v1.8. Solved it by installing "Live Wallpaper Picker" (system app) from my backup of old system (Full Oreo 1.7).
If you need it - you can have it:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17WNj9I ... sp=sharing
Please, zulu99, include this app back in later build of your ROM!
Sure.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

jbsasuke wrote:greetings I need root in my shield 2015 with 7.2.1 to use droidmote and more flash applications the boot that is here from previous version and my shield is sprayed but since I turn it off and turn it on it loses root with magisk some solution
To have magisk root on 7.2.1 full Android 1.8 or Android TV, you can install the boot image in first post.

With 7.2.1 and my last patched boot image, Magisk not forget root.

Anyway, i don't know what you are doing exactly, and i not know if you are really running 7.2.1, but in case you lose root, in the second post of this thread there is a solution that was valid for previous firmwares. Edit the build.prop.........

P.S.
My last patched boot image is based on 7.2.1 firmware. Last official firmware.

but seems that today new 7.2.2 ota was published. if so i'm starting working on this.
Anyway, Full Android 1.8 is compatible also with 7.2.2 stock firmware.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

all under control with the new full android 1.9 based on 7.2.2. shared in first post
jbsasuke

Post by jbsasuke »

zulu99 wrote:
jbsasuke wrote:greetings I need root in my shield 2015 with 7.2.1 to use droidmote and more flash applications the boot that is here from previous version and my shield is sprayed but since I turn it off and turn it on it loses root with magisk some solution
To have magisk root on 7.2.1 full Android 1.8 or Android TV, you can install the boot image in first post.

Anyway, i don't know what you are doing exactly, and i not know if you are really running 7.2.1, but in case you lose root, in the second post of this thread there is a solution that was valid for previous firmwares. Edit the build.prop.........

P.S.

but seems that today new 7.2.2 ota was published. if so i'm starting working on this.
The same thing keeps happening in my 2015 shield now with the 7.2.2 update the new boot boot patch with magisk and restarting it is fine with the root in magisk, but then I turn it off and turn it on the shield and the root loses it as if the boot patch only works temporarily some other person happened the same as I am in stock 7.2.2
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

jbsasuke wrote:
zulu99 wrote:

P.S.

The same thing keeps happening in my 2015 shield now with the 7.2.2 update the new boot boot patch with magisk and restarting it is fine with the root in magisk, but then I turn it off and turn it on the shield and the root loses it as if the boot patch only works temporarily some other person happened the same as I am in stock 7.2.2

you are on full Android or Android TV ?

I not understand if magisk lose the list of apps to which you granted root permissions ?

or you lose totally magisk ?

on my devices, i don't have problems with Magisk. Is clear that after the first boot, you must click on the Magisk icon and inizialize it. Magisk will download the magisk manager, install it and initialize the device. The icon that you have at first boot, is just a fake icon installed by magisk, but you must click on it to complete the magisk setup
jbsasuke

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.9]

Post by jbsasuke »

I am on Android TV official 7.2.2 shield 2015 and if it loses the root completely when I enter magisk manager asks me to reinstall the magisk boot patch and I return and the flash and fixes and when I turn off and on and lose the root asks that flash magisk boot patch only remains root on first reboot the second and loses the full root
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

jbsasuke wrote:I am on Android TV official 7.2.2 shield 2015 and if it loses the root completely when I enter magisk manager asks me to reinstall the magisk boot patch and I return and the flash and fixes and when I turn off and on and lose the root asks that flash magisk boot patch only remains root on first reboot the second and loses the full root
In this moment i'm using android tv 7.2.2 just to test.
I don't have this problem and i can't reproduce it.

I installed my last patched boot image and i completed the magisk setup after the first boot. Every time i reboot, magisk always work. I really don't know how to help you.

You are installing my patched boot image or just booted it ?
Seems that you are only booting the image without flash.

The command is:

Code: Select all

fastboot flash boot magisk_boot_foster_e_7.2.2-v1.img
for the 2015 model 16GB

P.S.
Seems that you are the only one with this problem, i not heared other user with this problem.
dabears

Post by dabears »

@Zulu99 I am still getting a blue overlay on my nest app for cm video view it seems to be a part of the app that is not finishing and staying on top of the video. It started since full android 1.7 the same version app works on full android 1.6 and earlier versions fine it also works in all stock shield tv versions as well. I tried installing an older version nest app to see if it was something they did in newer versions but it doesnt fix it. My short term solution is using browser to load it but its not as good as the app version. I was wondering if you have any suggestions obviously we dont want to break other things to make it work.Thanks