[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
Lenana

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Post by Lenana »

@zulu99 are there plans to address current issues in this rom?
Lenana

Post by Lenana »

kaileshm wrote:Hi zulu99 / anyone, will this ROM enable the Shield TV 2017 16GB box to work with ANY DVB-S2 (Freesat HD) tuner connected via USB port?

Where I'm thinking of the DVBSKy S960 DVB-S/S2 USB tuner product (http://www.dvbsky.net/Products_S960.html), which is well supported by TVHeadEnd server app for Linux and Android, which in turn can support Live Channels app via the TVHeadEnd for Live Channels utility app

...because stock version doesn't currently support any DVB-S/S2 tuners, and only supports two models of DVB-T/T2 (Aerial/Freeview HD - which I don't get good reception for in local area) tuners by Happauge and Tablo (re-brand of former and only for US)

Thanks, K.
. Buddy, I don't think you will get a response from zulu99
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Lenana wrote:@zulu99 are there plans to address current issues in this rom?
Also if not simple and always more complicated, i just transform Android TV to Full Android.
Means that the base firmware is something that Nvidia create and only Nvidia will update.

I not included the very last Nvidia update because the changes are not much important compared to the work that i must do to create another full Android version. All 7.2.x Nvidia firmwares are the same Android 8 garbage, the wifi is always very bad and Nvidia is always a shit company. Said this, i'm working also on another project, KMRedirect to share mouse and keyboard of a pc to an Android device. In this way my DroidMote users can play Android games everywhere by mirroing an Android device to PC. The Android device can be a phone, a tablet, an Android TV box, an emulator. In this way, shit company like Nvidia can't stop the work of other developers with custom firmwares that are not in line with the original Android.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

This is KMRedirect
The spark that opened my mind to this project is the fact that you can connect the KMRedirect (a DroidMote Client that share mouse and keyboard of PC) to DroidMote Server without wifi or ethernet, but with a tcp conccection over usb cable with the help of adb.

The mirroring of an Android device is an intensive task for the current Android devices and share nativelly over wifi a mouse and keyboard of a PC is not so easy when the Android device is mirroing, because wifi, cpu and gpu are working intensivly. But in Android mirroring scenarios, usually the users use an USB cable to mirror his devices (phone, tablet, emulators etc.) Since the Android device is already connected to pc via USB, DroidMote can use this channel to communicate.

When usb cable is connected:

Code: Select all

adb forward tcp:2302 tcp:2302
kmredirect 127.0.0.1 2302 password
Naturally we can create a .bat file to start automatically.

I'm working on KMRedirect to stop shit manufacturers like Nvidia to dominate the Android gaming world with his MAFIA tech.
Manufacturers like Nvidia add in his firmwares some tricks to stop the work of others developrs. This changes are not in line with the Google guidelines and the device in this condition can also not receive a Google certification ( not pass the CTS report ) but for unknown reasons Google close his eyes with Nvidia. I'm referring to the story of droidmoteIME. ( some custom IME functionalities was disabled by Nvidia in 7.2.x firmwares but still active on all others Android devices and on all Android versions included Android Q )

Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

An Hardware Controller emulated with Mouse and Keyboard

not bad right ? :D
droidkid

Post by droidkid »

Hi,

We still need a new tv setting.apk so Colorimetry can be selected for HDR TV. You were planning to add it to new full Android firmware when 7.2.3 was finalized. Can we just get the stock .apk to replace the one in full Android 1.10?
baba996

Post by baba996 »

Hi is the bug fixed where the mouse doesnt work when the status bar is pulled down when using the HARDWARE CONTROLLER?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

GOOD NEWS

Good news for me and for all DroidMote users. Seems that Nvidia re-enabled the standard IME functionality in ANDROID TV firmware 7.2.3
Therefore now you can use DroidMote in it complete form also on Android TV without pass trought a phone when you want use it in combination with an hardware controller.

If the bad behaviour of the last firmwares on IME funtionalities was made by Nvidia for error, i publicly say SORRY to Nvidia for my words.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

baba996 wrote:Hi is the bug fixed where the mouse doesnt work when the status bar is pulled down when using the HARDWARE CONTROLLER?
We are talking about the mouse on right stick of the hardware controller, the mouse of the droidmote client remote on phone is not affected.
This is not a bug. On system overlay like the status bar that have more permissions that all others components, the mouse can't work.
But this is not a problem because when the mouse not work, very rare case and only on system overlay, the normal controller behaviour is restored, therefore you can use the same controller to navigate the overlay or dismiss it. The navigation is not afftected.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

droidkid wrote:Hi,

We still need a new tv setting.apk so Colorimetry can be selected for HDR TV. You were planning to add it to new full Android firmware when 7.2.3 was finalized. Can we just get the stock .apk to replace the one in full Android 1.10?
I planned to not make an update based on 7.2.3 because in the current full Android i restored in sufficient way everything a complete Android firmware have and we don't have special problems or something that not work. Anyway on TV Settings you are right, i will find the time to share just this apk with the new field in settings.

In last times, with the last firmwares, i had very big problems integrating the System UI of a complete Android version to Android TV, therefore if absolutly not necessary, i prefer to say on the current version.

One thing is sure, specially now that Nvidia restored IME functionality on Android TV, i will not abandon the development on this device.
For sure i will try to create others full Android firmwares. I hope that Nvidia will make the Shield "project treble" compatible, in this way we can install also gsi firmwares. Firmware made directly by Google.

I need Shield for my development, therefore also if i'm very tired to create a new firmware every few months ( that don't bring me any money ), i will support Shield until a stronger android box device will be created. For now Shield TV is still the best device in the planet earth :)