[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
Mogster

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Post by Mogster »

rippin686 wrote:Was wondering if there is any advantage to downloading the developer only firmware from nvidia? Isn't the developer only firmware pre rooted?
Not in the way you're thinking. The developer images allow ADB to be run as root, but it does not allow apps to run as root. We still need Magisk/SuperSU for that.
hoogar

Post by hoogar »

zulu99 wrote:
hoogar wrote:hello. i have a nvidia shield 2017 16 gb oreo rom

it was a great rom firstly. but I have 2 problems.
1. The mouse does not work in NetFlix and YouTube.
2. 2.nd usb port is not working.
Thank you
1. The fact that mouse not work in Youtube and Netflix TV apps, is not related to this firmware and is normal behaviour programmed on purpose by the developers of this two apps. But you can still control with DroidMote. You can install and use also the normal Youtube and Netflix apps and on both the mouse work and also the multi touch gestures with DroidMote.

2. Read the second post to solve.
thank you, great rom for me.
greystash

Post by greystash »

Unfortunately I cannot write to my SD card or USB stick with file explorers. I tried es file explorer but if he asks to grant access and select the SD, the window with the storage doesn't appear. Do you have any help?
Mogster

Post by Mogster »

Try clicking the 3-dot menu in the upper right. Does it say "show sdcard" or something similar?
greystash

Post by greystash »

No, unfortunately not. I cannot write to SD with any app besides titanium folder on USB which isn't read-only. Besides I cannot format it neither. At first it worked but after adopting storage it didn't work anymore
KnurlFist

Post by KnurlFist »

I’m planning to follow this instructions but nvidia recently released new update 7.1 today. Should I update this new version or stay with old version for this? Thank you
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

KnurlFist wrote:I’m planning to follow this instructions but nvidia recently released new update 7.1 today. Should I update this new version or stay with old version for this? Thank you
I'm alredy working on the update based on 7.1
In 4/5 days, if everytyng goes well, we will have a new version.

You can update to the new 7.1 Nvidia version, because to install full Android, we start always with last Nvidia firmware installed.

I suggest this so everyone can have the last bootloader.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
riconweb

Post by riconweb »

On zulu version of Oreo, Would someone tell me how to install the last release of Magisk 17.1 as it cannot be done from the Magisk manager directly (from 16.0 to 17.1)
Should I use the uninstaller inside the Magisk Manager first ? If yes then should I need to reinstall Magisk patched boot image after the uninstall ?
Thanks for your help-
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.6]

Post by zulu99 »

In first post i updated the full Android firmware to version 1.6

The new firmware is based on Nvidia stock 7.1

I removed the fix for the mouse that is a bug present also in stock firmware to avoid the deodex of the firmware.
https://android-review.googlesource.com ... e/+/551840

The deodex bring problems that are present in previuous firmware.

this firmware is more stable and fast

For the bug on mouse i will try a solution with an exposed module before Nvidia will update his source code to a more recent oreo build.

Anyway this firmware is better than previous because i remodved deodex.

To install i suggest to retutn on Android TV, update to stock 7.1 and after install Full Android Oreo 1.6
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
greystash

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.6]

Post by greystash »

Thanks for your quick update

Can you tell what the mouse fix will change?