[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.7]

Post by zulu99 »

If your device can't go in fastboot, you must ask the solution to Nvidia not here. Since in this forum we don't touch the bootloader, we don't create alternative bootloader ( is not even possible ), we don't update the bootloader with other methotd other than the standard Nvidia update, If fastboot not work, you can request support to Nvidia, not here.

The only suggestion that i can make related the fastboot mode is to check windows driver and the usb cable, read the Nvidia and Google guides on how to go in fastboot mode and how to use fastboot mode.

Installing full Android don't touch in any way the bootloader and not alter the original bootloader.

A functional Android device that not have hardware problems, can always go in fastboot mode, in case this device can't go in fastboot mode is defective and the Manufacturee must replace it. The last sentence is valid for all Android devices.

In general, a working hardware, if is functional, must always go in a state where you can reinstall the original or modified OS. ( In our case fastboot, on samsung devices download mode, on pc bios or uefi, on chrome-os coreboot etc. )
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
lukecastle

Post by lukecastle »

zulu99 wrote:
Sealwolfy wrote:After updating to Full Android V1.7 I keep getting Nvidia Customizations has stopped and Developer Widget has stopped. Anyone know how to fix this annoying error?
When I did the the upgrade from Stock Firmware 7.0.2. The fastboot -w did not work, it shows a error. I did a factory data reset in storage % reset section but that didn't fix the problem.
Thanks
upgrade fastboot from google and do fastboot -w
https://developer.android.com/studio/re ... form-tools

you have this error because you not wiped the device.
what you mentioned are stuff of Android TV that are still present in your data partition that you not wiped well.

Not happen to me.
Can I use twrp to wipe dalvik-cache instead for 500gb?
cabaninho

Post by cabaninho »

I'm just asking for help to solve my problem.
I can not access fastboot in any way and as the android does not boot my box is unusable.
Thanks
willcz1

Post by willcz1 »

fixed
Last edited by willcz1 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

willcz1 wrote:Can someone help me what am I doing wrong?
I bought an xbox 1 controller model:1708 This is the model that is supported on stock and the keyfiles are present in Full android

BLUETOOTH CONNECTION:
?? Ive got droidmote up and running All buttons work accept LT and R2 ??

USB CONNECTION:
ALL buttons register including triggers

why is droidmote not detecting the trigger buttons? Is there something Im not doing right??

My shield model: 2015 16g

I tested my xb1 controller with rules of survival (ROS) android game without droidmote. ROS detects all buttons on my XB1 controller including both Trigger buttons LT & RT

Pleas Halp!

1. Another problem I have is that I have the scroll bug

in apps in settings I cannot scroll with mouse I have to use Touch mouse through droidmote

2. Everytime the shield restarts or comes out of sleep I HAVE TO UNPLUG THE HDMI AND PLUG IT BACK IN TO GET SOUND. This bug was in stock rom to. THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE. Nvidia I will never buy another Nvidia product

THESE BUGS MAKES ME UNHAPPY

I REGRET COMING TO OREO I SHOULDA HAVE STAYED WITH NAUGET

ZULU im not upset with you, you do good work!

Please help

I did purchase Droidmote ! If droidmote is only partially compatable with XB1 controller THEN SAY SO!
The hardware controller must be compatible with your device regardless droidmote client.

Means that droidmote client get the commands that your controller send to the device and transform it to touch actions or redirect to another device.

If you get the Nvidia controller (that have specific keylayout on shield tv ) or others hardware controllers that are compatible with Android by default, you will have no problems.

Your case, the xbox 1 controller:

I not have this controller, but from your words, i understand that when the controller is connected via usb, Android found a valid keylayout. When you connect it via bluetooth, Android not have a valid keylayout for it. Therefore this controller is not full compatible with your device.

An hardware controller or have Left trigger and Right trigger or have L2 and R2 buttons. I don't understand why you write LT and R2 when you talk about bluetooth connection.

To understand if an hardware controller is full compatible with your device, get an app like this https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... amepadtest
and press all buttons to see if are recognized well.

If you press a trigger, but the controller test app not recognize it as a trigger, means that you don't have a correct keylayout and also droidmote can't understand that you are pressing a trigger.

Anyway every controller can be made compatible with android, you can create by yourself a keylayout.

The instructions are made by Google here:
https://source.android.com/devices/inpu ... yout-files

To play FPS games with droidmote + hardware controllers, you must create a touch profile with the right stick mapped in relative mode and sensitivity 6 and play with the radius of the circle based on your preferences. You can fine tune it like you want, if don't like the configuration try another. In every game that i tested i always found an optima config.

I tested more than 900 Android games with DroidMote:
https://www.youtube.com/user/spotgratis

Before put one star on an app, make sure that the problem is a problem of the app and not your specific problem. I also suggest to study a little bit the basic functionality of Android.

This is a generic response, i never tested your hardware controller.

Take a look here:
https://www.google.it/amp/s/www.howtoge ... droid/amp/

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/37115804

P.S.
Your sound problem not happen to me and to many users of this forum.
This means that your TV is not full compatible with Shield TV.
Connect the Shield to another TV to see if solve the problem.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
willcz1

Post by willcz1 »

change rating
Last edited by willcz1 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

willcz1 wrote:I will go back and change that rating. Im super fustrated right now. I meant to say LT RT as in L2 R2 the trigger buttons. i have searched this forum 3 times over and no one says they have issues with their xb1 controllers combined with droidmote. So its gotta be my shield. Anyway
xb1 controller via usb totally works
xb1 controllee via bluetooth partially works

in usb connection:
When I use gamepad tester app it reports that the XB1 controller is using a keylayout that is not located anywhere on my device

in bluetooth connection:
It reports an key layout that is on my device
/system/usr/keylayout

Im ready to throw my shield in the trash if its not one thing its another

Oh and the xb1 controller totally works on shield just not with droidmote
It strange that in bluetooth the xb1 conrroller work with all games. If i understand well, your controller when it is connected in bluetooth, not have analog triggers but just buttons. And this is not good.

The fact that can still work with some games in bluetooth mode, is because some games handle also L2 and R2 button with the same action of analog triggers.

If what i think is right, when you are connected in bluetioth, if you play with geforce windows games, you should have problems because many windows games recognize triggers and not buttons. But also many android games work only with triggers.

Anyway in the next days i will find a solution for you.
Write to me via email and we will solve together.
Tomorrow i have a full day, but after for sure i will help you.

I will try to solve all.your problem with shield tv, because is a good device but you have specific problems with your config.
willcz1

Post by willcz1 »

zulu99 wrote:
willcz1 wrote:I will go back and change that rating. Im super fustrated right now. I meant to say LT RT as in L2 R2 the trigger buttons. i have searched this forum 3 times over and no one says they have issues with their xb1 controllers combined with droidmote. So its gotta be my shield. Anyway
xb1 controller via usb totally works
xb1 controllee via bluetooth partially works

in usb connection:
When I use gamepad tester app it reports that the XB1 controller is using a keylayout that is not located anywhere on my device

in bluetooth connection:
It reports an key layout that is on my device
/system/usr/keylayout

Im ready to throw my shield in the trash if its not one thing its another

Oh and the xb1 controller totally works on shield just not with droidmote
It strange that in bluetooth the xb1 conrroller work with all games. If i understand well, your controller when it is connected in bluetooth, not have analog triggers but just buttons. And this is not good.

The fact that can still work with some games in bluetooth mode, is because some games handle also L2 and R2 button with the same action of analog triggers.

If what i think is right, when you are connected in bluetioth, if you play with geforce windows games, you should have problems because many windows games recognize triggers and not buttons. But also many android games work only with triggers.

Anyway in the next days i will find a solution for you.
Write to me via email and we will solve together.
Tomorrow i have a full day, but after for sure i will help you.

I will try to solve all.your problem with shield tv, because is a good device but you have specific problems with your config.
I got it working with droidmote.

I Installed magisk module for XB1 controller. I appretiate you willing to take that extra step to help me. I just want want to clarify Ive been using your full android rom and droidmote app since Marshmellow. I have been happy with your work and what you have accomplished. I appologize to come off as a A$$hole. Ive already directed my anger at Nvidia over at their forum and customer service department. The Shield is impressive, Nvidia and the way they rolled out shield and updates is NOT IMPRESSIVE! The scroll bug I will live with droidmote wors around it. That bug is all nvidia
willcz1

Post by willcz1 »

I still have 2 issues

1. everytime the shield comes out of sleep or the shield does a reset I have to unplug the hdmi cord and plug it back in to get sound. Why? What can I do to fix this?? I looked at Nvidia's shield forum and everyone over their said replug hdmi and like magic its fixed. THAT IS NOT A FIX! It really goes to show the state of the community at shield forums. Shield is a premium device with a premium price tag and its nothing but HEADACHES from Nvidia. Nvidia needs to get out of this business. RANT OVER

2. The mouse bug scroll. Its already been answered Its Nvidia fault I know.

Im still regretting leaving Nauget for Oreo! NVIDIA SUX

update No IM DONE I will look at xda downgrade threads hopefully its possible for me to downgrade Nvidia Shitty impementation of Oreo and get back Nauget, which worked better

update: If you hate nvidia's oreo update like me here you go follow this to xda. I will begin this process later today
https://www.reddit.com/r/ShieldAndroidT ... e_63_lazy/
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

willcz1 wrote:I still have 2 issues

1. everytime the shield comes out of sleep or the shield does a reset I have to unplug the hdmi cord and plug it back in to get sound. Why? What can I do to fix this?? I looked at Nvidia's shield forum and everyone over their said replug hdmi and like magic its fixed. THAT IS NOT A FIX! It really goes to show the state of the community at shield forums. Shield is a premium device with a premium price tag and its nothing but HEADACHES from Nvidia. Nvidia needs to get out of this business. RANT OVER

2. The mouse bug scroll. Its already been answered Its Nvidia fault I know.

Im still regretting leaving Nauget for Oreo! NVIDIA SUX

update No IM DONE I will look at xda downgrade threads hopefully its possible for me to downgrade Nvidia Shitty impementation of Oreo and get back Nauget, which worked better

update: If you hate nvidia's oreo update like me here you go follow this to xda. I will begin this process later today
https://www.reddit.com/r/ShieldAndroidT ... e_63_lazy/
I don't have the audio bug.
Have you tested with with a different TV ?