[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
Mogster

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.7]

Post by Mogster »

Oops, I misread the original post. But yes, I have been working with the Nvidia source.
Sealwolfy

Post by Sealwolfy »

Stecknight wrote:Hi everyone,

Can i get some help.

I have the shield pro 2015 and today I updated from full android 1.4 to 1.7. I flash the system.img, vendor.img and magisk 7.1, at the end I wiped with the command prompt fastbook -w.

Now when Nivida starts returns an error saying "Android System: There's an internal problem with your device. Contact your manufacturer for details", the worst thing is that the processes stop working.

Any clue on what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance
I flashed from 1.6 to 1.7. I updated the Fastboot to latest version and did a fastboot -w . I still get errors doing the command fastboot -w after flashing. I tried reflashing multiply times too. My Shield 2015 boot up fine but I get the process error "Nivida customization has stopped working" every bootup, somethimes I get "Nivida Games has stopped working". I posted my flash procedures and error earlier in the post but it looks like it got erased and never got a reply to why it got erases and even get help. So I stopped asking.
Stecknight

Post by Stecknight »

Sealwolfy wrote:

Can i get some help.

I have the shield pro 2015 and today I updated from full android 1.4 to 1.7. I flash the system.img, vendor.img and magisk 7.1, at the end I wiped with the command prompt fastbook -w.

Now when Nivida starts returns an error saying "Android System: There's an internal problem with your device. Contact your manufacturer for details", the worst thing is that the processes stop working.

Thanks in advance
I flashed from 1.6 to 1.7. I updated the Fastboot to latest version and did a fastboot -w . I still get errors doing the command fastboot -w after flashing. I tried reflashing multiply times too. My Shield 2015 boot up fine but I get the process error "Nivida customization has stopped working" every bootup, somethimes I get "Nivida Games has stopped working". I posted my flash procedures and error earlier in the post but it looks like it got erased and never got a reply to why it got erases and even get help. So I stopped asking.
Hi Sealwolfy,

That post that you quoted it was replied and the issue it was solved with the recommended steps .

This time I erased the System and Vendor partitions, flashed it again and wiped using TWRP, issue resolved.

Thank you to Mogster and Zulu99.
greystash

Post by greystash »

I made a strange issue with kodi and Oreo

If I start a dash live stream, YouTube live stream for example, the kodi time will always be set to GMT. In kodi YouTube thread someone discovered that the following code cause it:
availabilityStartTime="2001-12-17T09:40:57Z"

This issue also occurred with vods in YouTube plugin but then the code was removed and it doesn't happen anymore with vods. Nevertheless the code seems to be mandatory for live streams in dash manifest. This shall happen just with oreo.

Do you know any further information what Oreo could have changed to create this bug, zulu99?
da_bears

Post by da_bears »

I found a graphic issue when installing the full android 1.7 with a clean install of nvidia stock 7.1.0.. my nest cams work fine with nest app on stock but after installing full android 1.7 I get a blue tint overlay over the video portion on the nest app. It works fine with the 1.5 full android and older builds also. I just ended up reverting back to stock 7.02 with full 1.5 for now .. Thank you for your hard work.>>>> I am using on the 500gb version for reference.
rippin686

Post by rippin686 »

Could you please maybe post the 1.5 version with a Dropbox link or something. I would like to go back too , until oreo 8.1 releases on Nvidia Shield.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

rippin686 wrote:Could you please maybe post the 1.5 version with a Dropbox link or something. I would like to go back too , until oreo 8.1 releases on Nvidia Shield.
https://mega.nz/#!6VxURaKT!KCsPw_2nhywv ... WNDuS2Kq14

But i not suggest to go to 1.5, 1.7 is more stable and fast.
1.5 could have problems on framework and not work well with the current boot images on first post.

but you can try waht you want when the firmware is of same Android version.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
rippin686

Post by rippin686 »

Thanks Zulu for the 1.5 post and all the development work you do, we appreciate it very much!
Stevie G

Post by Stevie G »

Stecknight wrote:
Sealwolfy wrote:

Can i get some help.

Thanks in advance
Hi Sealwolfy,

That post that you quoted it was replied and the issue it was solved with the recommended steps .

This time I erased the System and Vendor partitions, flashed it again and wiped using TWRP, issue resolved.

Thank you to Mogster and Zulu99.
Getting the same error messages.

What's the steps to clear it?
Sealwolfy

Post by Sealwolfy »

I couldn't get rid of the error. I tried reinstalling like 5 times, I always get errors on fastboot -w. So I went back to v1.5 though I still get the error on fastboot -w. I did a data wipe, everything works.