[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.2]

Post by zulu99 »

Sorry for the fast update. But for the developer of a mouse was really absurd have a bug right on the mouse :)

I deodexed the firmware and i patched the framework correcting this bug:
https://android-review.googlesource.com ... e/+/551840

Now you can control all Abs ListView well with the mouse.
The bug is still present on Stock Nvidia firmware.

Full Android Oreo 1.2 is on first post.

From previous version, flash the new system and vendor and as always better with a fastboot -w

For Magisk i don't have special problems, but in case Magisk request again root on every reboot, go in Magisk settings -> automatic respons -> grant

P.S.
A deodexed firmware, take a few more seconds to initialize, but after the boot is also faster.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
MiikkaKoo

Post by MiikkaKoo »

Updated and working fine :)

Magisk manager remember settings after update.
I was earlier downgraded it to 16.0 and ofcourse it was same now becouse same boot.img, so installed Magisk manager and voila it work. Strage, but anyway it work now as it should be :)
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

MiikkaKoo wrote:Updated and working fine :)

Magisk manager remember settings after update.
I was earlier downgraded it to 16.0 and ofcourse it was same now becouse same boot.img, so installed Magisk manager and voila it work. Strage, but anyway it work now as it should be :)
magisk and other changeable apps, are not a problem because we can change on fly this components.

The important is the base firmware that now semms to work well on all parts.

I have also another suggestion.
In the firmware i used the original Google Pixel Launcher, so in future we can update with the same Google signature.
But for now, i suggest to replace it with Rootless Pixel Launcher that work better. Or install another launcher.
https://github.com/amirzaidi/launcher3/releases
Personally i replaced manually the Rootless Pixel Launcher with original Pixel Launcher because is more updated and compatible also with Oreo 8.
Download the Rootless Pixel Launcher, rename it in PixelLauncher.apk and overwrite the existing one in the folder /system/priv-apps/PixelLauncher
assign the same permissions of all others priv-apps
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
baba996

Post by baba996 »

hi can you also look into why in nougat and oreo full android youtube vanced forcecloses when the new nvidia shield controller is used as a mouse which also often leads to the process system closing and freezing the entire system
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

baba996 wrote:hi can you also look into why in nougat and oreo full android youtube vanced forcecloses when the new nvidia shield controller is used as a mouse which also often leads to the process system closing and freezing the entire system
I don't know what you are talking about.

In full Android, by default, mouse on Nvidia controller is not present.
To have mouse functionalities with every controllers, better than Nvidia, because can work on all apps and games, we use DroidMote.

I don't have any problem with DroidMote + Hardware Controller. Included the mouse functionality on right stick of the controller.
iamthexfader

Post by iamthexfader »

Dear zulu,

Thanks for the full Android oreo v1.2, i have installed it successfully but not flawlessly.

I came from FAN v1.5, install recovery stock image nvidia 7.01 and directly install FAO v1.2 and patched boot image, when i tried to "fastboot -w'" at the end of the flashing progress it failed and showed "couldn't parse xxxx", i ignored it and moved on to reboot successfully.

When i tried to login to my gmail account, AOSP keyboard keeps crashing whenever i switch from alphabets mode to numbers mode, thus i still can not login to my gmail and playstore. Is this known bug?

I will try to install manually droidmote server and client apk and try to login from my other device via droidmote.
Mogster

Post by Mogster »

iamthexfader wrote:Dear zulu,

Thanks for the full Android oreo v1.2, i have installed it successfully but not flawlessly.

I came from FAN v1.5, install recovery stock image nvidia 7.01 and directly install FAO v1.2 and patched boot image, when i tried to "fastboot -w'" at the end of the flashing progress it failed and showed "couldn't parse xxxx", i ignored it and moved on to reboot successfully.

When i tried to login to my gmail account, AOSP keyboard keeps crashing whenever i switch from alphabets mode to numbers mode, thus i still can not login to my gmail and playstore. Is this known bug?

I will try to install manually droidmote server and client apk and try to login from my other device via droidmote.
The purpose of "fastboot -w" is to wipe the data and cache partitions. Try one of the following:
  1. Enter fastboot mode, then enter "fastboot format userdata" then "fastboot format cache"
  2. Use the Wipe button in TWRP
  3. Do a factory reset from within Full Android.
baba996

Post by baba996 »

zulu99 wrote:
baba996 wrote:hi can you also look into why in nougat and oreo full android youtube vanced forcecloses when the new nvidia shield controller is used as a mouse which also often leads to the process system closing and freezing the entire system
I don't know what you are talking about.

In full Android, by default, mouse on Nvidia controller is not present.
To have mouse functionalities with every controllers, better than Nvidia, because can work on all apps and games, we use DroidMote.

I don't have any problem with DroidMote + Hardware Controller. Included the mouse functionality on right stick of the controller.
sorry i forgot to mention
yes i am using droidmote with the nvidia controller
i havent seen forcecloses on 1.2 oreo so fingers crossed
bpman14

Post by bpman14 »

I had the same issue with AOSP keyboard crashing whenever switching from alphabets mode to numbers. I installed the gboard apk and changed keyboard to this and now able to go from alphabet to numbers. You should be able to download the apk from web and install.
iamthexfader wrote:Dear zulu,

zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

The Keyboard problem that crash when switch from letters to numbers is a known bug of a young OREO

I not realized before because the numbers in first row are still working.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/457 ... o-emulator

https://android-review.googlesource.com ... /+/469478/

I don't uderstand why Nvidia used this young and buggy version of Android while Oreo 8.1 was already avaiable.

Anyway this is not a big bug since you can use for the first setup an hardware keyboard. You can install an alternative keyboard like gboard from apkmirror.com.

With calm, in the next update i will correct the problem.

LET me know if you find others bugs, so we can fix all in the next versions.