[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.3]

Post by zulu99 »

sunny96 wrote:@zulu99

I have few questions for you my friend:

1. Are you able to list one by one the issues that were present in the original Oreo firmware that you've resolved in the full version?

2. I noticed that the changes you made in the original firmware files were specific to 2015 models even for users using 2017 model. For example, in all your fixes / mods, you've replaced darcy with forster. Examples can be found in the framework-res.apk, build.prop, SystemUI.apk and few others. Is there any reason why the 2017 models should have foster(2015) instead of original darcy (2017)?

3. I saw the changes you made to framework.jar. To be specific, to AndroidKeyStoreKeyPairGeneratorSpi.smali and ViewRootImpl$EarlyPostImeInputStage.smali. Are these changes to fix the scrolling?

I only asked these questions for my own curiosity, hope you will find time to answer them. I use to develop in android and if you search for Phronesis rom you will find some of my work here:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=phron ... e&ie=UTF-8.

And hopefully, I can be of assistance to you in future if you ever need my help...
Exit touch mode on mouse/stylus click

https://android.googlesource.com/platfo ... ad01a4cc9/

https://android-review.googlesource.com ... e/+/551840

aosp keyboard

https://android-review.googlesource.com ... /+/469478/

I integrated Settings and SystemUI of Android 8.0 with the Nvidia framework.

Many others works on permissions, deodex, replace tv components with full android componetsand and resign

I made one firmware and all are named foster_e, but every device have his boot image
This is sufficient because SafetyNet read the value of a real certified firmware and foster_e is certified. ( his fingerprint is certified + magisk hide)
Anyway you can change when you want with darcy, foster_e_hdd but is not necessary.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Bojaxz wrote:Another question, how can I fix the scrolling issue in Stock developer nvidia firmware? I like using an air mouse to control it, and scrolling is impossible. What are the steps to fix it? Thanks!
Do not forget that this is the DroidMote forum and i made this firmware for DroidMote users.

At the end, you can use what you want, is you affair, but respect my work and do not ask disrespectful questions like this.

Otherwise my answer will be fuckoff.

Sorry if i'm rude, but with some questions, i have no alternatives !

P.S.
All my users must know that i consider airmouses like mouse with the Parkinson disease. Hardware that create interferences with wifi and bluetooth and in many cases send involuntary events that interfere with the video decoding.. The most negative thing that an user can use with a tv box. And also, i not understand how users can use airmouses and assume relaxed position on the couch. Without talk about the keyboard and scrolling that are terrible task to do with an airmouse.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
MiikkaKoo

Post by MiikkaKoo »

I have 1.2. Backdrop cant set via full settings becouse its missing 3 dot menu, stock settings its enabled.
Andro.Gamer

Post by Andro.Gamer »

It is what I said earlier, it is not possible to restore the screen saver in the same way as Zulu99 in the Nougat post, in oreo there are not 3 points, I think that as a developer you have to be very attentive. I am a DroidMote user and it is not obligatory to use FULL ANDROID to enjoy DroidMote as I have used it in NOUGAT of perfect stock Another point is that Zulu99 assures me that a HARDWARE CONTROLLER has fewer buttons than the cell phone in DroidMote but I see that it is not, DroidMote has 8 buttons and 2sticks, in a Hardware Controller there are 8 buttons (A, B, X, Y, LB , LT, RB, RT) additionally L3 and R3 not counting STAR and BACK, I insist that playing real games is not possible with DroidMote, if for simple mobile games, but I insist that you must update the TOUCH PROFILE CREATOR since it is very Limited being in addition to payment.
Bojaxz

Post by Bojaxz »

zulu99 wrote:
Bojaxz wrote:Another question, how can I fix the scrolling issue in Stock developer nvidia firmware? I like using an air mouse to control it, and scrolling is impossible. What are the steps to fix it? Thanks!
Do not forget that this is the DroidMote forum and i made this firmware for DroidMote users.

At the end, you can use what you want, is you affair, but respect my work and do not ask disrespectful questions like this.

P.S.
All my users must know that i consider airmouses like mouse with the Parkinson disease. Hardware that create interferences with wifi and bluetooth and in many cases send involuntary events that interfere with the video decoding.. The most negative thing that an user can use with a tv box. And also, i not understand how users can use airmouses and assume relaxed position on the couch. Without talk about the keyboard and scrolling that are terrible task to do with an airmouse.
I apologize, I wasn't trying to be rude.
tongzaza

Post by tongzaza »

If i install custom rom , can I still play Nvidia game ?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Andro.Gamer wrote:It is what I said earlier, it is not possible to restore the screen saver in the same way as Zulu99 in the Nougat post, in oreo there are not 3 points, I think that as a developer you have to be very attentive. I am a DroidMote user and it is not obligatory to use FULL ANDROID to enjoy DroidMote as I have used it in NOUGAT of perfect stock Another point is that Zulu99 assures me that a HARDWARE CONTROLLER has fewer buttons than the cell phone in DroidMote but I see that it is not, DroidMote has 8 buttons and 2sticks, in a Hardware Controller there are 8 buttons (A, B, X, Y, LB , LT, RB, RT) additionally L3 and R3 not counting STAR and BACK, I insist that playing real games is not possible with DroidMote, if for simple mobile games, but I insist that you must update the TOUCH PROFILE CREATOR since it is very Limited being in addition to payment.
DroidMote have 16 buttons and 8 axes.
All programmable for touch games and all usable as real controller buttons and axes

Not 8 buttons.

With DroidMote i played more than 800 Android Games.
And the most successful Windows Games

https://www.youtube.com/user/spotgratis

If you know how to use DroidMote, you can do almost everything. And when you will take confidence with the controller on phone, is difficult that you will use again an hardware controller.

I have 5 hardware controller but i not use it.

Why ?
Becauss is more simple use mouse , touch mouse and keyboard with DroidMote on phone. Press the buttons and axis instead is just a question of habit.

It is implied that you must have a good phone, with a big screen, to play games. I have a Galaxy S8+

For sure if you have an old and small phone, the experience is not good.

Find some times to read this guides:
https://www.videomap.it/dmcguide.htm
https://www.videomap.it/dmsguide.htm
https://www.videomap.it/tpguide.htm
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Bojaxz wrote:
zulu99 wrote:

P.S.
I apologize, I wasn't trying to be rude.
My answer was not specific for you. Sorry.
Is for all, just to remember that this is the DroidMote forum and i made full Android for DroidMote users. I made full Android firmwares for DroidMote users because when we use DroidMote, we don't have interaction problems and we can use everything Android can offer also on TV.

Touch interactions are not a problem when you interact with multi touch stuff on TV.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Nvidia Streaming Games are working. Second post explain how to....
Don't forget that when in DroidMote you assign analog LT and RT to circle and square button, in case you need LB and RB buttons, this are assigned to volume UP and DOWN

By default Circle and Square are LB and RB buttons but to emulate a real controller, you must go in settings and assign analog LT and RT to circle and square. LT is assigned also to another spare button on the right side, so in case you need it, you can also aim and shot at same time.

Anyway every button is remappable also via droidmote keylayout, therefore you can do what you want.

But by default, without custom keylayout, 99,9 % of games that support hardware controllers are playable with DroidMote.

I tested thousands of games, and i know many tricks, if you need help, let me know.
greystash

Post by greystash »

First of all great work again. Many thanks for the update

I am using droidmote gladly but I have a problem with The Room games. I can't interact within the app. Do you have a hint?