[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
Nerdsick!

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.7]

Post by Nerdsick! »

I am currently rooted with SuperSU on the newest Oreo update with trwp installed. Can I just flash the firmware and patched boot then install magisk? Or do I need to fully unroot and go back to stock? Just curious if I can do it this way.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Nerdsick! wrote:I am currently rooted with SuperSU on the newest Oreo update with trwp installed. Can I just flash the firmware and patched boot then install magisk? Or do I need to fully unroot and go back to stock? Just curious if I can do it this way.
If you are already on last Nvidia firmware, you can install the last full Android installing the new boot, system and vendor images

No problem if you have supersu and twrp, but not forget a full wipe with fastboot -w when you install the new boot, system and vendor images.

Otherwise go back on stock firmware, update to last stock and after install full Android.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Few posts ago, someone asked me what is the DroidMote Touch Mouse.
Well, with a practical example everything is more simple.

Take a look to this new game:
FRAG Pro Shooter
https://youtu.be/s6OW0HG3Uzg

If you want use an hardware mouse or the default DroidMote mouse to select things on this game, you can't.
Instead with the touch mouse you can.

This is a reality from Android 1 and is still present in Android 9.

But with DroidMote, you can always find a solution to use every app and games also on Android devices without a touch screen.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Off topic, but important for the future.

Only a premonition, not yet confirmed
I think that from October, when Google will publish his new tablet. The story of Android will change radically.

From October, i think that we will see only tablets with Chrome OS and not more with the native Android.
Chrome OS in fact can run also Android apps and games but have a regular Chrome browser and in general is more desktop oriented.
Chrome OS furthermore can also run Linux apps.

Not Shield TV related but

What is your preference for future tv boxes in case you can choose ?

You prefer the Native Android or Chrome OS ?

P.S.
DroidMote is already ready also for Chrome OS so Google must endure me for a long time yet :lol:
In case you want try Chrome OS on your PC, read this: https://www.videomap.it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2059
If you have an Intel GPU, you can install on a usb key and start the PC from the usb key.
Nerdsick!

Post by Nerdsick! »

zulu99 wrote:
Nerdsick! wrote:I am currently rooted with SuperSU on the newest Oreo update with trwp installed. Can I just flash the firmware and patched boot then install magisk? Or do I need to fully unroot and go back to stock? Just curious if I can do it this way.
If you are already on last Nvidia firmware, you can install the last full Android installing the new boot, system and vendor images

No problem if you have supersu and twrp, but not forget a full wipe with fastboot -w when you install the new boot, system and vendor images.

Otherwise go back on stock firmware, update to last stock and after install full Android.
thanks for the reply. but what I was mainly asking was if I could install this through twrp. sorry I should have clarified. Could I install the patched magisk boot and then the firmware images? I'm guessing I would need to do a full wipe in twrp also. Just asking in case I could do this easier through twrp since I already have it installed.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Nerdsick! wrote:
zulu99 wrote:

thanks for the reply. but what I was mainly asking was if I could install this through twrp. sorry I should have clarified. Could I install the patched magisk boot and then the firmware images? I'm guessing I would need to do a full wipe in twrp also. Just asking in case I could do this easier through twrp since I already have it installed.
Twrp is useless to install full Android. I not installed on my Shield TV from long time.I not have an answer for you.

I suggest to install full Android as explained in firt post. You need only fastboot.

If you want use TWRP just to wipe data partition, i think you can without problems. But i not tested.
Stecknight

Post by Stecknight »

Hi everyone,

Can i get some help.

I have the shield pro 2015 and today I updated from full android 1.4 to 1.7. I flash the system.img, vendor.img and magisk 7.1, at the end I wiped with the command prompt fastbook -w.

Now when Nivida starts returns an error saying "Android System: There's an internal problem with your device. Contact your manufacturer for details", the worst thing is that the processes stop working.

Any clue on what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance
Mogster

Post by Mogster »

Stecknight wrote:Hi everyone,

Can i get some help.

I have the shield pro 2015 and today I updated from full android 1.4 to 1.7. I flash the system.img, vendor.img and magisk 7.1, at the end I wiped with the command prompt fastbook -w.

Now when Nivida starts returns an error saying "Android System: There's an internal problem with your device. Contact your manufacturer for details", the worst thing is that the processes stop working.

Any clue on what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance
IIRC this error pops up when the /system and /vendor partitions don't match. Try typing "fastboot erase system" and "fastboot erase vendor" and flash them again. Also, part of Magisk is stored in the /data partition, so you will need to flash that again as well.
Mogster

Post by Mogster »

zulu99 wrote:
greystash wrote:First of all thanks for your support with droidmote server.

Can you explain why the drag and drop with nova launcher is working with FAO 1.5? Couldn't you adapt your changes there for 1.7 as well? Are you sure that nova launcher is still not optimized for Oreo? I can use it with my Honor 10 without these problems
because in this function: https://android.googlesource.com/platfo ... ad01a4cc9/

In version 1.5, i restored the old behaviour. ( something that a serious developer should never do, to avoid others future problems )

But since on all firmwares the default behaviour will be in the other way, because was officially approved by Google, is better if developers of Launchers will update his apps.

Apart the fact that to have this change, i must deodex the firmware and this step create many problems.

I tested Nova Launcher on official Android Emulator 8.0, 8.1 and 9 with a real mouse connected direcly inside the emulator.
( the normal mouse connected to the emulator emulate touch and is not good for tests )

I confirm the new behaviour and i confirm that Nova launcher is not optimized for Oreo + mouse.
Means that old launcher, in Oreo must add specific mouse support.
Instead, before, the mouse was considered like a touch and the mouse support was automatically handled

But apart my tests, everyone that understand source code, from the Google change linked above can understand.
Strange. I had a look at the Shield TV 7.1 source and it seems that patch is already applied. But there's a similar one at https://android.googlesource.com/platfo ... %5E%21/#F0
Maybe that one needs to be applied as well?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Mogster wrote:and it seems that patch is already applied. But there's a similar one at https://android.googlesource.com/platfo ... %5E%21/#F0
Maybe that one needs to be applied as well?
You linked the Google source, Nvidia base source ( that is not complete e not represent completly what you have on shield tv )
Is this:
http://nv-tegra.nvidia.com/

Anyway what Nvidia not inported is the scroll bug on abslistview
Instead the behaviour of the mouse on old launchers that not support explictly a mouse is official. Is the same also on Android PIE