[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.7]

Post by zulu99 »

greystash wrote:Would it be possible to send me a voucher for play store so that I don't have to pay twice?
Contact me via email that you see in the app. I'm at your disposal. Tomorrow i will solve your problem.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

KnurlFist wrote:Thank you for new version. 1.7.

I just want to clarify to make sure I understand correct.

1.7v will not allow me to pick my own launcher and will not let me add widgets on my homescreen. Also I can’t drag icons?

DroidMote will solve add widget issue for 1.7v?

But 1.5v does allow me do all those?

Does live wallpaper work on any of those version?

Thank you for your hard work.
You can use every launcher optimized for Oreo and with this launchers you can do everything. Also with the default pixel launcher in the firmware you can do everything.

If you use a launcher not optimized for Oreo, you can't drag elements with a mouse, but you can with the DroidMote touch mouse. ( The red pointer that is different from the default mouse black pointer )

Live wallpaper are working on all launchers.

UPDATE:
I want better clarify that the fact that you can't drag icons and widgets with a mouse if a Launcher is not optimized for Oreo is normal and is so on all Oreo firmwares. Therefore old Launchers must be updated by the developers.

Instead the mouse bug ( that must be corrected by Nvidia ) is just related to the scroll on ABSListView and is a consequence of the change of the mouse behaviour made by Google officially in Oreo. But this bug is a minor bug since you can still scroll with directional keys on AbsListView.

Official change that provocate the drag problem in Nova Launcher:
https://android.googlesource.com/platfo ... ad01a4cc9/

Bug caused by the previous change:
https://android-review.googlesource.com ... e/+/551840
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
greystash

Post by greystash »

First of all thanks for your support with droidmote server.

Can you explain why the drag and drop with nova launcher is working with FAO 1.5? Couldn't you adapt your changes there for 1.7 as well? Are you sure that nova launcher is still not optimized for Oreo? I can use it with my Honor 10 without these problems
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

greystash wrote:First of all thanks for your support with droidmote server.

Can you explain why the drag and drop with nova launcher is working with FAO 1.5? Couldn't you adapt your changes there for 1.7 as well? Are you sure that nova launcher is still not optimized for Oreo? I can use it with my Honor 10 without these problems
because in this function: https://android.googlesource.com/platfo ... ad01a4cc9/

In version 1.5, i restored the old behaviour. ( something that a serious developer should never do, to avoid others future problems )

But since on all firmwares the default behaviour will be in the other way, because was officially approved by Google, is better if developers of Launchers will update his apps.

Apart the fact that to have this change, i must deodex the firmware and this step create many problems.

I tested Nova Launcher on official Android Emulator 8.0, 8.1 and 9 with a real mouse connected direcly inside the emulator.
( the normal mouse connected to the emulator emulate touch and is not good for tests )

I confirm the new behaviour and i confirm that Nova launcher is not optimized for Oreo + mouse.
Means that old launcher, in Oreo must add specific mouse support.
Instead, before, the mouse was considered like a touch and the mouse support was automatically handled

But apart my tests, everyone that understand source code, from the Google change linked above can understand.

On your Honor, i think you have old Android implementation. Or modification that is not compliant with the new Android behaviour.
Or the Honor, since is a phone, have an internal touch screen that always force the touch mode to true.
( the last supposition is improbable since you should have the same behaviour with mouse )

Also if you read the Google documentation on the Oreo changes, Google explain that want support mouse, keyboard in better way on the Android OS and logically to do this, must separate the touch action from the left click action. And this is the result.

Reading the source code of the Rootless Pixel Launcher, that in Oreo work very well in all functionalities: https://github.com/amirzaidi/Launcher3
I can see that the mouse / stylus is managed separatly by code and not implicitly handled by touch events.

I'm sure 100% and i think that Google and Android developers should inform everyone of this change because is a change that impact to many Launchers.

Also on the ORIGINAL Google Pixel Launcher the mouse not have problems and can drag icons and widgets.
greystash

Post by greystash »

Have you deodexed the system on FAO 1.5? Can you release a fix for AbsListView with xposed module like you mentioned earlier?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

greystash wrote:Have you deodexed the system on FAO 1.5? Can you release a fix for AbsListView with xposed module like you mentioned earlier?
yes on Full Android 1.5 i deodexed the firmware but this add problems of compatibility.
The new 1.7 is more stable, fast and ready for everything.

1.7 is better than 1.5 10x

About AbsListView:
We will see, but the problem on abslistview is a minor problem since you can access the app info in many way also by long press on the app from the Launcher and also because you can scroll with directional keys. And because the fix is already released by Google and first or after also Nvidia will include.

I explained all this things, because are not documented and now all developers of launchers can optimize his app to the new Android behaviour.

All this words, just for documentation.
In fact on Full Android 1.7 we have as default launcher the Pixel lancher already optimized for Oreo and we can do everything with the mouse

I know that many users of Android boxes use Nova launcher, but honestly, is a problem of the developer of Nova Launcher. I just explained why this problem. That i already had under attention from the time of the first Oreo firmware on Nexus Player. More than one year ago.
greystash

Post by greystash »

Are you in contact with developer of pixel launcher or nova launcher?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

greystash wrote:Are you in contact with developer of pixel launcher or nova launcher?
No. for pixel launcher the source code is online. Just this.

I write all that i know on this problem so others that search on internet can find the solution.
Before, not others have found the cause of this problem.

But usually, i found problems on Android boxes before all others almost a year before the general diffusion.

After all, are few the boxes with Oreo inside, but usually Chinese developers don't take in consideration the Google changes before this create other serious problems on apps. The important for Chinese manufacturers of Android TV box is sell hardware and soon..... also without quality
lomm972

Post by lomm972 »

Hi zulu and all,

I've got an issue with my SATV i was using the full android 1.4 or 1.5 coming from stock 6.3 and i did a recovery with a stock 7.0.2 and my SATV nevr finish the start , i mean i've got the nvidia logo and after iv' got the 4 color wheels but never pass there and nevr have the android name and conftinue the configuartion; i can have the fastboot mode and reinstall all files but same thing with stock 7.0.1 and 7.0.2 . So is my STAV is bricked ? if not can i revert to stock 6.3 and do a upgrade from the net once the box is completely operationnal or what can i do else ?

Thank you .

Rgds.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

lomm972 wrote:Hi zulu and all,

I've got an issue with my SATV i was using the full android 1.4 or 1.5 coming from stock 6.3 and i did a recovery with a stock 7.0.2 and my SATV nevr finish the start , i mean i've got the nvidia logo and after iv' got the 4 color wheels but never pass there and nevr have the android name and conftinue the configuartion; i can have the fastboot mode and reinstall all files but same thing with stock 7.0.1 and 7.0.2 . So is my STAV is bricked ? if not can i revert to stock 6.3 and do a upgrade from the net once the box is completely operationnal or what can i do else ?

Thank you .

Rgds.
If you can go in fastboot, you can do everything.

Make sure that you downloaded the recovery Nvidia firmware 7.0.2 for your model and not for another model.
is very easy committ errors since shield tv 2017 and 2015 16GB have same name.

Don't forget a fastboot -w to wipe after the reinstallation of a firmware. and also if you install the Nvidia firmware, install manually and not with the bat file.

means.
one by one

fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot -w
fastboot reboot

UPDATE:
I not realized that you want update from Nougat to Oreo directly. You can't in this way.

For the best result, you must install the stock Nvidia 6.3 firmware and let the device update automatically to last Oreo, after you can install full Android Oreo