[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.1]

Post by zulu99 »

Hazeno wrote:Flashed as per instructions and had a fair few issues.

A. Wi-Fi wouldn't enable.
B. Google Play crashes
C. Shield Remote random disconnect.

I was already on 7.0.1 but flashed the recovery firmware first before hand and wiped userdata.

Any reasons you can think of to why it's failing even after a second reset?
Try again. Something not went well during installation.

reinstall full android and wipe with fastboot -w and for sure all will work.

i installed 100000 times....... in my tests.

but this can happen if something go wrong during installation.

a reinstallation for sure will solve.

Google Play Services must be update after the first boot. But this will happen automatically if you have wifi and you enter a google account.

To solve the wifi problem, reinstall. and wipe.

If you not solve with reinstallation, reinstall stock Oreo firmware. Connect wifi. Power off, go in fastboot mode and install full android.
just to reinitialize the wifi with stock firmware.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
MiikkaKoo

Post by MiikkaKoo »

magisk_log_20180625_004805.log
No luck what i did.
I flash stock oreo and try again but same result, Magisk log is something busybox error.

Also notising couple app cant slide up to down, no mouse no droidmote. It jump back to up itself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hoodbilli

Post by Hoodbilli »

how to install this on a 2017 darcy running stock Android tv 7.0 ? also can i dual boot this os?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

MiikkaKoo wrote:
magisk_log_20180625_004805.log
No luck what i did.
I flash stock oreo and try again but same result, Magisk log is something busybox error.

Also notising couple app cant slide up to down, no mouse no droidmote. It jump back to up itself.
What SATV model do you have ?
Magisk is working well on my 16 Gb 2017 and 2015 models

For the app, i know this problem. Is specific of Android 8
but you can always use the directional keys of droidmote in this few cases.

Let me know if you installed something that can create this magisk problem.

We must find what condition create this magisk problem.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
MiikkaKoo

Post by MiikkaKoo »

What SATV model do you have ?
Magisk is working well on my 16 Gb 2017 and 2015 models

For the app, i know this problem. Is specific of Android 8
but you can always use the directional keys of droidmote in this few cases.[/quote]

I have 16gb 2015

Yes i noticed directional keys work, so not a broblem.
MiikkaKoo

Post by MiikkaKoo »

I did couple times clean install and same result.
Its Magisk 16,4 when i intall earlier 16,0 via app, then hide, modules etc working but dont remember answer to root apps.
Also 16,0 no errors on log file.
Magisk manager setting cant click anything eg. Systemles hosts.. no remote no Droidmote.

Edit: i noticing that arrow buttons work with Magisk setting too, so Automatic Response: Grant, work for now so i can restart without remote.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

MiikkaKoo wrote:I did couple times clean install and same result.
Its Magisk 16,4 when i intall earlier 16,0 via app, then hide, modules etc working but dont remember answer to root apps.
Also 16,0 no errors on log file.
Magisk manager setting cant click anything eg. Systemles hosts.. no remote no Droidmote.

Edit: i noticing that arrow buttons work with Magisk setting too, so Automatic Response: Grant, work for now so i can restart without remote.
Where the mouse not work you can use directional buttons, but don't forget that you can use also the DroidMote Touch Mouse

DroidMote have normal mouse and Touch Mouse. The Touch Mouse is for apps and games that not have mouse support

About Magisk i don't understand. The problem that forget root permissions happen when you downgrafe to 16 ? Or also on the default 16.4 ?

In my devices, i don't have this problem.
MiikkaKoo

Post by MiikkaKoo »

About Magisk i don't understand. The problem that forget root permissions happen when you downgrafe to 16 ? Or also on the default 16.4 ?[/quote]

Both and with 16.4 it gave that busybox error and modules wont work. So 16.0 is better for now, hide work and viper module too.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

About the fact that you can't use well the mouse on some AbsListView ( list of items ) inside apps, is a specific bug of a jung version of Android 8.

this bug that was already fixed some time ago:
https://android-review.googlesource.com ... e/+/551840

The bug is inside the Nvidia Android framework, i will fix in future when deodex of the framework will work well with smali and baksmali
If i can't deodex the framework, the alternative mods will create others problems. So for now better in this way.

But as always, Nvidia use old source also when new is already present. I expected this firmware Android 8.1 instead is just 8 that compared to 8.1 have many bugs.

Nvidia at least should fix this horrible bug for all that is present also on the Android TV version.

BUt for now we can use the directional keys on AbsListView or the Touch Mouse of DroidMote
willcz1

Post by willcz1 »

1. Can someone be kind to explain what new features you found in Oreo?

2. Is there a new security update with this Oreo update?

3. Is the Nvidia share button removed on full android Oreo? Id assume Zulu left it in he smarter than Nvidia

Unless there is some great features with Oreo and/or security update Im not flashing back to stock.

Even If I decide not to flash Oreo thank you Zulu for your hard work