[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Post by zulu99 »

greystash wrote:Which SD do you have? Are you using also adopted storage with either SD or USB?
A shit sd card from supermarket :)
i not use adopted storage, i neither tested but should work if on stock firmware work. i not touched nothing about sd card compared to stock firmware.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
droidkid

Post by droidkid »

Hi,

love what you did with full android 1.10.
However Colorimetry is missing in the developer option menu...under HDMI
Last edited by droidkid on Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PLAY911

Post by PLAY911 »

confirmed the problem comes when usb ssd adopted as internal storage...without it everything ok
zulu99 wrote:
PLAY911 wrote: Hi Zulú UI crashes every time I grant permisión to the apps to use storage also when I pair bluetooth PS3 gamepad
Many thx
I tested many things, i also recorded a video today, but i not have this problem. We will see if also others have this problem, but is strange.....if you explain better maybe i can reproduce the problem. All apps that i installed require storage permission, is strange that I did not see this thing.

P.S.
i confirm that i not have this problem. Are you running full Android 1.10 ? Install again following the steps in first post or check what you installed. The only thing that i can suggest is that when firmware require wich settings you want use the fist time, you must select Android settings and not Android TV settings.

What language you are using on your Shield TV ? I'm using English to test.
Lenana

Post by Lenana »

Hello fam. Am so glad to see that there's full custom oreo for Nvidia Shield TV big up to the dev @DroidMote.
I'm expecting my new device (Shield Pro) any moment now and heck yea am going full android 8-) . I have a couple of questions though :
1. Does Chromecast work on the full oreo rom?
2. Can I use nvidia gamestream (not GeForce now)?
Thanks in advance! Can't wait to get in to the Shield community.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Lenana wrote:Hello fam. Am so glad to see that there's full custom oreo for Nvidia Shield TV big up to the dev @DroidMote.
I'm expecting my new device (Shield Pro) any moment now and heck yea am going full android 8-) . I have a couple of questions though :
1) yes

2) yes
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Lenana

Post by Lenana »

zulu99 wrote:
Lenana wrote:Hello fam. Am so glad to see that there's full custom oreo for Nvidia Shield TV big up to the dev @DroidMote.
1) yes

2) yes
Thanks a lot!
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Great tutorial and liking the the fact of full android is really good. I have a few questions.

1.some apps not keeping on bottom bar after restart, I guess its some permission error?
2. Using remote to access notification at top, by pushing up motion and not toggle to mouse.I guess I can change some how?
3. Can I remove system apps, like amazon music and prime as they are American versions?
4. Following tutorial, I am unable to get screen saver to activate?
4. Lastly do you know whether I can obtain shield versions of apk's as separate download, as I have some apps paid for through shield apps, and also some shield version work better when using remote.

I look forward future releases of this.

Many thanks
droidkid

Post by droidkid »

droidkid wrote:Hi,

However Colorimetry is missing in the developer option menu...under Media
Can it be added on...it's on the 7.2.2 firmware.... ;)
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

droidkid wrote:
droidkid wrote:Hi,

However Colorimetry is missing in the developer option menu...under Media
Can it be added on...it's on the 7.2.2 firmware.... ;)
It is already in the firmware also if you not see it in developer option. I can fix in 2 minutes with a new tv settings apk.
The fact is that i don't want publish anoter update just for this because if is so necessary, you can trigger it also with an adb command. You should check the getprop and setprop manually.

Anyway if required by many, i can also publish the setting apk and in next version of full Android i will not forget it.

What do this option precisly ? I don't see it in any other Android firmware.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Topcat wrote:Great tutorial and liking the the fact of full android is really good. I have a few questions.

1.some apps not keeping on bottom bar after restart, I guess its some permission error?
2. Using remote to access notification at top, by pushing up motion and not toggle to mouse.I guess I can change some how?
3. Can I remove system apps, like amazon music and prime as they are American versions?
4. Following tutorial, I am unable to get screen saver to activate?
5. Lastly do you know whether I can obtain shield versions of apk's as separate download, as I have some apps paid for through shield apps, and also some shield version work better when using remote.

I look forward future releases of this.

Many thanks
1) i don't understand what this means.

2) i use DroidMote to control my Shield TV. You can't use a complete Android firmware just with a basic hardware remote. With an hardware remote you can use only few Android TV apps or Kodi. With DroidMote instead i can use both, multi touch is not a problem.

3) Yes. Like on all Android firmwares. Deleting the apk from system folder or disabling it from settings.

4) Read second post. "How to restore Screensaver and Sleep time like in stock"

5) Wich app ? Because apart free apps that you can find in apkmirror.com, many others apps are in Google Play and have double UI. The TV UI, if the app have it, can be opened from TV settings or create a shortcut with quickshortcatmaker app for example. Usually, Android TV specific apps are free with a subscription therefore you can obtain the apk.

7) Do not forget that If you like Android TV, you can install the stock firmware.
I think that could be more useful create a list of the hundreds things that you can do with full Android and not with Android TV.
Mainly Android TV is an evolved media player while full Android is a real, full functional OS. On a full OS, you can have also apps made for TV.
For example you can install Kodi and replace the bad Android TV home if you need only a media player.

P.S.
The commercial model of Android TV do not have future. You can't subscribe for hundreds services and have hundreds apps that offer only different content with similar interface because at the end you will return in the old story of cable companies. Maybe you will pay also more.