[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.7]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
tomasz
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 2:36 pm

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Postby tomasz » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:18 am

Hello all
I would like to ask for help

I have Nvidia shield TV 16gb 2015. full android nougat installed, I would like to restore stock the original version for oreo installations,but I have encountered a problem.

I would like to point out that I started with full lollipop, marshmallow, and nougat in earlier updates, everything went well.

when I start the procedure for going to fastboot command (adb reboot bootloader) a blinking black screen appears

in the computer manager shows that the device is unknown

I do not know but I feel something has broken in my nvidia shield tv

hugh a
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 2:32 pm
Contact:

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Postby hugh a » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:32 am

oreo best so far, it works beautifully ,thanks for all u do zulu99, every one should buy him lunch today

User avatar
zulu99
Site Admin
Posts: 2255
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:42 am

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Postby zulu99 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:33 am

tomasz wrote:Hello all
I would like to ask for help

I have Nvidia shield TV 16gb 2015. full android nougat installed, I would like to restore stock the original version for oreo installations,but I have encountered a problem.

I would like to point out that I started with full lollipop, marshmallow, and nougat in earlier updates, everything went well.

when I start the procedure for going to fastboot command (adb reboot bootloader) a blinking black screen appears

in the computer manager shows that the device is unknown

I do not know but I feel something has broken in my nvidia shield tv


Try update the Nvidia Windows drivers for fastboot

And try also with another monitor / different hdmi

If you not solve, search a full ota update zip file and flash with twrp.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help. Donate to Me

User avatar
zulu99
Site Admin
Posts: 2255
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:42 am

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Postby zulu99 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:39 am

pegancr wrote:Hi there, I would like to ask you a couple of question and will be very grateful if you could come up with a solution to my trouble which relates to some difference between Android TV and Full Android. For example, when I run ICE RAGE game on Android TV, it works okay with two joypads while on Full Android, the very same game does not run with even one. Does anyone know the way to run the game with two joypads?

My second question - In Full Android Oreo 8, my mouse cursor is not aligned or centered. Meaning, I have to move the cursor right below the button (not hover over it as usual) to activate it. Any suggestion please?


I will test the game today, but you should know that developers can read your config and set the game accordly.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help. Donate to Me

Mogster
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:57 am

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Postby Mogster » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:53 pm

zulu99 wrote:
pegancr wrote:Hi there, I would like to ask you a couple of question and will be very grateful if you could come up with a solution to my trouble which relates to some difference between Android TV and Full Android. For example, when I run ICE RAGE game on Android TV, it works okay with two joypads while on Full Android, the very same game does not run with even one. Does anyone know the way to run the game with two joypads?

My second question - In Full Android Oreo 8, my mouse cursor is not aligned or centered. Meaning, I have to move the cursor right below the button (not hover over it as usual) to activate it. Any suggestion please?


I will test the game today, but you should know that developers can read your config and set the game accordly.

Some buttons behave strangely in Oreo. I don't know why. A keyboard may work better for you.

tomasz
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 2:36 pm

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Postby tomasz » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:20 am

I did according to your advice and everything went as expected. Thank you

hoogar
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:25 pm

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Postby hoogar » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:47 am

hello. i have a nvidia shield 2017 16 gb oreo rom

it was a great rom firstly. but I have 2 problems.
1. The mouse does not work in NetFlix and YouTube.
2. 2.nd usb port is not working.
Thank you

rippin686
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:55 am

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Postby rippin686 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:21 pm

Was wondering if there is any advantage to downloading the developer only firmware from nvidia? Isn't the developer only firmware pre rooted?

milkybar1983
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:55 pm

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Postby milkybar1983 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:03 pm

new issue, audio in streaming apps dips volume every few minutes. Is happening on bbc iplayer, all4

its very subtle and is maybe a few milliseconds after it goes back to normal volume

User avatar
zulu99
Site Admin
Posts: 2255
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:42 am

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Postby zulu99 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:12 am

hoogar wrote:hello. i have a nvidia shield 2017 16 gb oreo rom

it was a great rom firstly. but I have 2 problems.
1. The mouse does not work in NetFlix and YouTube.
2. 2.nd usb port is not working.
Thank you


1. The fact that mouse not work in Youtube and Netflix TV apps, is not related to this firmware and is normal behaviour programmed on purpose by the developers of this two apps. But you can still control with DroidMote. You can install and use also the normal Youtube and Netflix apps and on both the mouse work and also the multi touch gestures with DroidMote.

2. Read the second post to solve.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help. Donate to Me


Return to “Full Android firmwares for Shield Android TV, Nexus Player and PC”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests