[ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
dabears
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:10 pm

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Postby dabears » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:22 pm

@Zulu99 >>>>1.10 fixed the blue overlay issue on Nest App >>>> You Da MAN.....Thank You!

GollyJer
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:17 pm

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Postby GollyJer » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:35 am

Hi zulu99,
Following up on my quest to use your Full Android with the option to launch the Shield TV interface...

I figured out it's really just the Android TV interface/launcher and is available in the Play Store.
You can read about it here.

In Full Android I was able to install Android TV Home and Android TV Core Services from APKMirror.
The install completed but Android Home doesn't work. It starts and then crashes into the default launcher home screen. :|

Because Full Android uses the Shield base I'm guessing it should work.

Can you think of a reason why it doesn't ?

User avatar
zulu99
Site Admin
Posts: 2380
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:42 am

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Postby zulu99 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:27 am

GollyJer wrote:Hi zulu99,
Following up on my quest to use your Full Android with the option to launch the Shield TV interface...

I figured out it's really just the Android TV interface/launcher and is available in the Play Store.
You can read about it here.

In Full Android I was able to install Android TV Home and Android TV Core Services from APKMirror.
The install completed but Android Home doesn't work. It starts and then crashes into the default launcher home screen. :|

Because Full Android uses the Shield base I'm guessing it should work.

Can you think of a reason why it doesn't ?


Because Full Android is Android not Android TV. Do not lose time with this garbage. After all is just an home screen that show video ADS from few services. If you need only a media home, you can use Kodi. Anyway, without a standard launcher i'm not able to use Android, i hate it so much.....
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help. Donate to Me

User avatar
zulu99
Site Admin
Posts: 2380
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:42 am

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Postby zulu99 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:26 pm

An advice for everyone:

When you come from the stock Android TV firmware and you don't wipe data well, the firmware could also start but you will have many problems and crashes.

Therefore, since Full Android 1.10 work very well, if you have problems, make sure you wiped the data partition.

In case you not wiped well, go in fastboot and wipe again with fastboot -w
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help. Donate to Me

greystash
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:40 pm

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Postby greystash » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:41 pm

Were you able to fix the microsd card issue with 2015 model as well?

PLAY911
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:33 pm

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Postby PLAY911 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:07 pm

Hi Zulú UI crashes every time I grant permisión to the apps to use storage also when I pair bluetooth PS3 gamepad
Many thx
zulu99 wrote:
PLAY911 wrote:Hi Zulu any other improvement apart from the mouse behaviour from 1.9 to 1.10
Thx
regards
zulu99 wrote:New full android 1.10 is on first post.

I decided to restore the old mouse behaviour that permit you to use Nova launcher and not have focus problems.
I decided this because Nvidia use a very old AOSP source code that have many bugs inside. On this old source code, Nvidia added many modifications to the Android framework that are not in line with the Google guidelines, therefore also if Google fixed many things with Oreo 8.1 and PIE, Nvidia have old shit as base. I'm sure even Google got fed up with NVidia's bad behavior. Nvidia is a company that can't work in the open source world.

Nvidia have good hardware but at software level, expecially in the Android world, have many incompetents developers.

Anyway, sorry for two updates in short time, but i have the balls full of the nvidia bad behaviour with Android, therefore if Nvidia is not able, i must do something to have a full functional complete android firmware.


test it and let me know if you have problems. for me is perfect now.
apart the bug introduced by the new kernel that will be solved over the time also in stock firmware.

P.S.
the new kernel is the only good thing added by Nvidia. I appreciate this move.

User avatar
zulu99
Site Admin
Posts: 2380
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:42 am

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Postby zulu99 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:16 pm

PLAY911 wrote:Hi Zulú UI crashes every time I grant permisión to the apps to use storage also when I pair bluetooth PS3 gamepad
Many thx


I tested many things, i also recorded a video today, but i not have this problem. We will see if also others have this problem, but is strange.....if you explain better maybe i can reproduce the problem. All apps that i installed require storage permission, is strange that I did not see this thing.


P.S.
i confirm that i not have this problem. Are you running full Android 1.10 ? Install again following the steps in first post or check what you installed. The only thing that i can suggest is that when firmware require wich settings you want use the fist time, you must select Android settings and not Android TV settings.

What language you are using on your Shield TV ? I'm using English to test.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help. Donate to Me

User avatar
zulu99
Site Admin
Posts: 2380
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:42 am

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Postby zulu99 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:33 pm

greystash wrote:Were you able to fix the microsd card issue with 2015 model as well?


On my Shield TV 16GB 2015 model with full Android 1.10 the external sd card work like always. WELL
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help. Donate to Me

PLAY911
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:33 pm

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Postby PLAY911 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:21 pm

Let me reinstall and let you know...all previous firmwares work great and no problem at all....maybe I did something wrong this time
Maybe is due to I have a ssd as internal srorage adopted
I use Spanish
Thx again
zulu99 wrote:
PLAY911 wrote:Hi Zulú UI crashes every time I grant permisión to the apps to use storage also when I pair bluetooth PS3 gamepad
Many thx


I tested many things, i also recorded a video today, but i not have this problem. We will see if also others have this problem, but is strange.....if you explain better maybe i can reproduce the problem. All apps that i installed require storage permission, is strange that I did not see this thing.


P.S.
i confirm that i not have this problem. Are you running full Android 1.10 ? Install again following the steps in first post or check what you installed. The only thing that i can suggest is that when firmware require wich settings you want use the fist time, you must select Android settings and not Android TV settings.

What language you are using on your Shield TV ? I'm using English to test.

greystash
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:40 pm

Re: [ROM][Full Android Oreo for Shield TV][v.1.10]

Postby greystash » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:04 pm

Which SD do you have? Are you using also adopted storage with either SD or USB?


Return to “Full Android firmwares for Shield Android TV, Nexus Player and PC”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests