[ROM][Full Android PIE for Shield TV][v.1.0]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
elpaablo

Re: [ROM][Full Android PIE for Shield TV][v.1.0]

Post by elpaablo »

Can we do anything about the led always on in sleep mode and about the wrong code passed to tv, which changes the tv input instead of power on/off? I mean, sure Pie is stable for everyday use, but there are basic things that don't work or work in a precarious way. For instance, vpn over ethernet works if don't touch anything. I can't change server, or I'll have to repeat the whole process again (deactivate/activate always on vpn and disable/enatble ethernet 2 times). So, if this is the final state of Pie, I'll go back to Oreo until Nvidia releases the source code or something, which may be forever...
dabears

Post by dabears »

I am having trouble editing build prop I cant seem to write to system I tried " mount -o rw,remount / "mentioned by stealth but does not work I also have been trying to figure out how or where you are using " adb root adb remount " @zulu99
elpaablo

Post by elpaablo »

dabears wrote:I am having trouble editing build prop I cant seem to write to system I tried " mount -o rw,remount / "mentioned by stealth but does not work I also have been trying to figure out how or where you are using " adb root adb remount " @zulu99
You have to connect the box to a computer and run ADB from there. You have to do this every time you want to write to system. For instance, every time you want to update Adway hosts file, you have to do this before. That's another thing that makes me want to go back to Oreo.
fredphoesh

Post by fredphoesh »

zulu99 wrote: you must start with the DEV 8 stock firmware.
the developer firmware
So is there a difference between what I flashed
stock 8 (nv-recovery-image-shield-atv-8.0.0.zip)

and "developer firmware"?
When I flash the recovery image v8, I get a boot loop.

Tx
dabears

Post by dabears »

I ended up just downgrading back to oreo for anyone that asked if its possible.
droidkid

Post by droidkid »

dabears wrote:I ended up just downgrading back to oreo for anyone that asked if its possible.
Can you list the steps on downgrading back to oreo...I have a 2015 shield...

Thanx..
rippin686

Post by rippin686 »

The "developer firmware" is pre-rooted I believe
JohnDay29

Post by JohnDay29 »

zulu99 wrote:
JohnDay29 wrote:I am using an acre 23inch acer touchscreen and wanted to know if there was a way to activate the navigation bar. I know there are apps for the bar but they are all just a little buggy. Thanks for all your hard work by the way. I love it.
you can edit the build.prop and add

Code: Select all

qemu.hw.mainkeys = 0

Thanks @Zulu99 you are a rock star!!!
JohnDay29

Post by JohnDay29 »

zulu99 wrote:
JohnDay29 wrote:I am using an acre 23inch acer touchscreen and wanted to know if there was a way to activate the navigation bar. I know there are apps for the bar but they are all just a little buggy. Thanks for all your hard work by the way. I love it.
you can edit the build.prop and add

Code: Select all

qemu.hw.mainkeys = 0

Looks as though I can't just edit the build prop the old fashion way with a file explorer. Do you have a walk through for me on what I need to do to add this code to the build.prop file? Thanks
dabears

Post by dabears »

I used these steps to downgrade to oreo and confirm it works I have 500gb version... https://youtu.be/wU-SM7r6OMA