Paste or send text function

Discussion about DroidMote Client
frenksisco

Paste or send text function

Post by frenksisco »

Hi, this is the only app that allows me to control my Beelink Mini MxIII II tvbox with my smartphone and I really like it.
Unfortunately it is missing a feature that I consider very important: the ability to paste text in the client app to send it to the tvbox/other devices.
Example: I have a long site url written in a text file of my smartphone and i want to insert it in the browser bar of my tvbox .... How can I do? The only way now in Droidmote Client is to write it letter by letter... But.. Given the length of the url... to do so i have to remember a first peace of it, write it letter by letter with DroidMote keyboard, go back to the textfile, read and remember another piece of the url, add it to the previous piece with the droidmote keyboard, return to textfile ..... and so on up to completion..... madness! ....
It would be so much easier to copy it from the text file, paste it somewhere in DroidMote Client and sand it to search bar or address bar of the devices.
Other apps like Yatse and Kore have this function, is there a way to do that in Droidmote?
Thanks
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Paste or send text function

Post by zulu99 »

frenksisco wrote:Hi, this is the only app that allows me to control my Beelink Mini MxIII II tvbox with my smartphone and I really like it.
Unfortunately it is missing a feature that I consider very important: the ability to paste text in the client app to send it to the tvbox/other devices.
Example: I have a long site url written in a text file of my smartphone and i want to insert it in the browser bar of my tvbox .... How can I do? The only way now in Droidmote Client is to write it letter by letter... But.. Given the length of the url... to do so i have to remember a first peace of it, write it letter by letter with DroidMote keyboard, go back to the textfile, read and remember another piece of the url, add it to the previous piece with the droidmote keyboard, return to textfile ..... and so on up to completion..... madness! ....
It would be so much easier to copy it from the text file, paste it somewhere in DroidMote Client and sand it to search bar or address bar of the devices.
Other apps like Yatse and Kore have this function, is there a way to do that in Droidmote?
Thanks

With the Samsung keyboard and others keyboards that support the clipboard, you can.

I tested only on the Samsung keyboard. Mainly when you copy a text, wherever you are, you will find the text also in the Samsung keyboard clipboard, and you can send to the Server device.

But apart this, what you are doing is not correct.
Open the file that contain the url ditectly on the server device ( you can upload to gdrive for example) and after you can copy and past directly on the server device.

It is crazy copy a long test letter by letter. You can upload to server device and open directly on the server. Copy and past where you want.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
frenksisco

Post by frenksisco »

zulu99 wrote: But apart this, what you are doing is not correct.
Open the file that contain the url ditectly on the server device ( you can upload to gdrive for example) and after you can copy and past directly on the server device.

It is crazy copy a long test letter by letter. You can upload to server device and open directly on the server. Copy and past where you want.
You will discover that copying a text string on tv monitor selecting it through the smartphone is infinitely much harder than doing the same just on your smartphone or tablet.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

frenksisco wrote:
zulu99 wrote: But apart this, what you are doing is not correct.

You will discover that copying a text string on tv monitor selecting it through the smartphone is infinitely much harder than doing the same just on your smartphone or tablet.
when you control the tv box with DroidMote is very simple. Expecially from Android 5.1
Double click with the mouse on the long string to select, copy and past by long press where you want.

But apart this, if the keyboard support clipboard you can copy and paste a long string also on your phone.

Your question is correct, i only want help with my experience. Don't get me wrong.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

From the Client version 4.3.8
You can copy text on your phone wherever you want and with Volume UP the copied text will be wrote on the remote device
frenksisco

Post by frenksisco »

The 4.3.8 is the next version right?
Now in 4.3.7 if I press "Volume UP" I enter into settings
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

frenksisco wrote:The 4.3.8 is the next version right?
Now in 4.3.7 if I press "Volume UP" I enter into settings
Yes from version 4.3.8
I made this update for you.
frenksisco

Post by frenksisco »

I do not know what to say .... Thank you so much !!!!!!!
This is exactly what I needed !!!! exactly!!
Now this app is perfect !!!!!!!