Android: Cant close DroidMote Client

Discussion about DroidMote Client
Grakes

Android: Cant close DroidMote Client

Post by Grakes »

Hi,

Firstly i love this app. Way better than the remote that came with my Android TV box.

My only problem is that I am unable to close the DriodMote client on my phone. If I try to close it, it just opens again. Same thing if I press exit from within the app.

I always have the popup - DroidMote Client - Connected to DroidMote server

Thanks in advance
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Android: Cant close DroidMote Client

Post by zulu99 »

What phone model do you have and Android version ?

Usually on phones, when the Client is connected, i use the back button as an alternative back button for the remote device because is very useful and intuitive for users. But you can put the client in background with the home button and use others apps while you are connected or disconnect and close with the back button like all others apps. You have also the Exit button that force close the app, disconnect and clear notification all in one.

Is very strange what you write, what version of DroidMote Client do you have ?

If you are talking about the notification icon in the status bar, that is another thing, in the Android Settings you can decide if you want notifications or no. Valid for all apps. Settings -> apps -> DroidMote Client -> Notifications

Anyway, the normal behaviour for notifications is:
If you click Disconnect or Exit, the notification must disappear, if your are using a standard Android firmware.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto