Droidmote compatibility with K-R42

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
pantera1989

Droidmote compatibility with K-R42

Post by pantera1989 »

Hi,

I bought a K-R42 Android TV box. Link: http://www.geekbuying.com/item/K-R42-Qu ... 17141.html

I cannot find if this application is compatible with it. The K-R42 device is rooted and I checked that it also has the uinput module. My goal is to be able to control it using a Motorola Xoom (rooted) and a Nexus 7 (not rooted..yet).

Do you know if it was tested? If not tested and I buy, will I be refunded if it doesn't work (or will you maybe fix it?). Alternatively is there a trial I can try to verify that it works.

Thanks a lot,
Robert
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Droidmote compatibility with K-R42

Post by zulu99 »

Sure my friend. I know very well this device. Is an rk3188 quad core.
In all rk3188 and rk3066 was tested and work.

But mainly droidmote can works on all android devices. Only the uinput module some times can be a problem for a little number of devices. But your device already have it.

Root and busybox is not a problem for all :)
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
pantera1989

Post by pantera1989 »

Hi I bought it and it works quite well. The only problem I found is that the droidmote client disconnects very quickly when left idle and new commands wil not work. I then have to disconnect using the client and reconnect each time. Is there a way to have the client reconnect automatically please?

Thanks.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

i tested droidmote client connected to droidmote server also after 3 housr of standby. If all is ok it not disconnect.

some client devices not manage well the wifi connection when go in standby. you have two options, or go in client settings and check the box "don't turn display off" or if you have a new android version, you can go in Settings -> wifi -> menu -> advanced -> Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep -> Always

read this page about connections problems http://www.videomap.it/dmsguide.htm

with devices that work well, you don't have this problems. in your case, i think the problem is the client that kill connections.

i tested as client devices galaxy s 1 , galaxy s 2 , galaxy s 3, asus tf101 with all android versions from ICS to the actual android 4.3 (custom roms and stock roms)
you can switch also to others apps and when return to droidmote client the connection is still active. and is active also after 3 hours of standby.

The automatic connections for droidmote client are not good, because droidmote simulate real hardware devices in Android, and this can cause frequently configurations changes that can restart the activity of some runnings apps. (android work in this way, when configurations change, by default, the app restart activity, but developers can handle this default behavior)

Infact some good apps like Mx Player (as mediaplayer example) don't restart activity when keyboard configuration change. (one line in the xml manifest of the app)
many developers don't know this fact, that you can handle the configurations changes :) http://developer.android.com/guide/topi ... anges.html

For this reason i not prefer to use automatic connections. but you can disconnect and connect with a button and DroidMote is designed to have possibly connection still active.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
pantera1989

Post by pantera1989 »

Hi,

I know it is not the application's fault. I am using a Motorola Xoom and Nexus 7 to be the Droidmote client and the K-R42 as the Droidmote server.

The room where I have it does not get a very good wi-fi signal. The K-R42 has an excellent antenna, so signal is always strong for it (which is why I bought it), whilst the Xoom and the Nexus 7 sometimes loose the signal.

When I am using the Xoom as the remote with the Droidmote Client, it works well. I already set Wi-Fi to stay active even if the tablet goes to sleep. I leave it on it's own when I am not using it for a few minutes. When I try to continue using it as a remote, it doesn't respond on the Droidmote server. I will then have to disconnect the Droidmote client and Connect again, and then it starts working. While it is left idle, it might be that the Wi-Fi disconnected from the tablet. What I was asking if there was a way for the Droidmote Client to detect that it had been disconnected, and when you start using it again it reconnects on its own instead of me having to disconnect and reconnect.

Thanks.