Droidmote and Bluestacks

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
goriath

Droidmote and Bluestacks

Post by goriath »

Hi there,

There are some games which I want to play to, but my phone isn't supported, so I'm using Bluestacks emulator on Windows7. Since these games need multi touch gestures as pinch to zoom, swipe and sometimes the accelerometer I need Droidmote too, and that's why I'm here. I successfully rooted the emulator with BS MultiTool found at XDA (BSMultiTool 1.07 + Update Superuser 3.2a), then I installed BusyBox from the market and picked up a Terminal console called Terminal Deluxe in order to verify that uinput is present within the kernel. Maybe I don't know how to use the terminal console but I can't tell for sure if uinput is present or not. BTW I'm trying to install inside BS Droidmote Server which I downloaded here in the download section (x86 Android 3.2.9.apk), but double clik on the apk ends with an error: Apk Installation Failed: INSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK.

Any hint? Maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Droidmote and Bluestacks

Post by zulu99 »

If i remember well Bluestack dont have uinput, and is also a very different android derivation.

BUT

In windows you can use also the droidmote windows server, in this way you can use multi-touch games inside Bluestack. also mouse and keyboard works and basic gestures. this is possible because The main Bluestack windows accept events, also multitouch events from windows devices.

Instead

If you want install droidmote server for Android directly inside Android, i suggest to install the official Android x86 and i tested droidmote server for android x86 version on it.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
goriath

Post by goriath »

zulu99 wrote:If i remember well Bluestack dont have uinput, and is also a very different android derivation.
How I could verify that uinput is not present? I followed the tips in the FAQ but the terminal console refuse to recognize my commands. The line starts always with "/ $", if I give the command to gain the super user access (SU) it fails to recognize my command. I installed BusyBox but I don't know how to use it.
In windows you can use also the droidmote windows server, in this way you can use multi-touch games inside Bluestack. also mouse and keyboard works and basic gestures. this is possible because The main Bluestack windows accept events, also multitouch events from windows devices.
Will it function also the accelerometer this way? After the driver installation some particular setup is required?
If you want install droidmote server for Android directly inside Android, i suggest to install the official Android x86 and i tested droidmote server for android x86 version on it.
Are you referring to a generic second Android device (like a tablet) or to Bluestack too? Do you mean the DroidMoteServer-x86-v3.2.9.apk hosted in the download section? What are the differences between this version and the one I can buy on the market?

Thanks a lot.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

In the Google Play there is the standard arm version. compatible with all phones and tablet with arm cpu.

the x86 version in the forums is compatible with Android x86 that works on x86 cpu.

If you have good root permissions, you can check the uinput as exaplined in the FAQ. your problem is that you don't have root persmissions. and without root permissions for sure droidmote server for android x86 not works.

Android x86 is this http://www.android-x86.org/ or all the Android versions that works on tablet with x86 cpu.

If you use the windows server and you want play with a multitouch game inside bluestack, you must create a touch profile for this game. To create a touch profile, make a screenshot of you desktop when the game is running inside Bluestack and with touch profile creator in the forum create the touch profile.
when you have the touch profile copy it in the download folder of the client device, and in client settings select Gamepad2touch and select your touch profile.

If you want play with Android games, is better install droidmote server for Android inside Android. But you can try the official Android x86 because Bluestack is not tested and i don't know if is an original Android os. (should have many parts of Android modified)
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
goriath

Post by goriath »

zulu99 wrote:In the Google Play there is the standard arm version. compatible with all phones and tablet with arm cpu.

the x86 version in the forums is compatible with Android x86 that works on x86 cpu.
So I suppose that's why I can't get it installed the x86 apk. I dunno which version of Android Bluestacks is based on, but if it emulates a phone/tablet or whatever device with Android, then it emulates an ARM version anyway. So I should use the ARM version of the market, but I need to check all the other stuff first to buy it.
If you have good root permissions, you can check the uinput as exaplined in the FAQ. your problem is that you don't have root persmissions. and without root permissions for sure droidmote server for android x86 not works.
I don't know what to say here. I rooted BS with BS MultiTool found at XDA community. I came to know about Droidmote in that thread. MultiTool says that rooting process has been successful.
If you use the windows server and you want play with a multitouch game inside bluestack, you must create a touch profile for this game. To create a touch profile, make a screenshot of you desktop when the game is running inside Bluestack and with touch profile creator in the forum create the touch profile.
when you have the touch profile copy it in the download folder of the client device, and in client settings select Gamepad2touch and select your touch profile.
OK, now I see. I took a look at some examples but I'm starting to think that with the games which I'm going to play it's not possible. The games are "The Room" and "The Room Two", they are puzzle games. When I play these games, the touch points are never the same. Maybe I can set basic gestures for the item inventory on screen (always on the left edge in fixed position) but dunno if I can do with the other commands.
If you want play with Android games, is better install droidmote server for Android inside Android. But you can try the official Android x86 because Bluestack is not tested and i don't know if is an original Android os. (should have many parts of Android modified)
I understand. As I previously said, I think that BS emulates an ARM version of Android, since it emulates devices like phones and tablets afterall. But I understand what you are saying; the server part of Droidmote has not been tested with an Android emulator, so we cannot be sure. I suppose I must inquire further on BS then. I'm gonna ask at XDA if someone else has succeded using Droidmote in Bluestacks.

Thanks, I'm going to keep you informed on what I will find.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

For the game The room read this:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1400&p=2700&hilit=the+room#p2700

Bluestack should be an android x86 derivation.