Droidmote reboots console with multitouch

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
Bonger

Droidmote reboots console with multitouch

Post by Bonger »

Hey, something's happening and I don't know if it's due to a bug or setting, but every time I use two fingers to touch the screen at the same time, it reboots my console (shield TV). I am currently trying to use my shield tablet to play touch control games but I can't play if I'm getting reboots every time. Anyone know how I can turn this off its an option or if it's a bug?
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Droidmote reboots console with multitouch

Post by zulu99 »

I solved with the last update 3.6.6

But i want explain that this is not my fault.

The source code of Shield Android TV is modified by Nvidia for the input subsystem of Android and was removed the ability to have the two white circle spots from Android framework. ( base features of original Android that no one manufacturer should remove. Infact you can remove it also with an idc device configuration. Infact in all others Android TV device was not removed. This happen only in Nvidia devices because have the input subsystem of Android modified. )

To solve, only in Android TV i removed the spots when you are doing two fingers multi touch gestures. But you can still have multi touch gestures with two fingers. The only difference is that you don't see the spots, and the multi touch gestures start from last mouse position as always.

I think that Nvidia developers are crazy to remove this thing without handle the exception.

I changed the value touch.gestureMode = spots to touch.gestureMode = pointer in the file /data/system/devices/idc/droidmotemt.idc only in Android TV
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Bonger

Post by Bonger »

Thanks Zulu.. sorry I just sent another msg through xda that you can discard now. :D
ESD

Post by ESD »

Zulu,
I'm having the same problem when running DroidMote server on my EVGA Tegra Note 7 (made by Nvidia). Is there a fix for this as well?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

ESD wrote:Zulu,
I'm having the same problem when running DroidMote server on my EVGA Tegra Note 7 (made by Nvidia). Is there a fix for this as well?
change the value touch.gestureMode = spots to touch.gestureMode = pointer in the file /data/system/devices/idc/droidmotemt.idc
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto