Autostart fails

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
roberttang30

Autostart fails

Post by roberttang30 »

When I set up DroidMote Server to autostart it fails to run and a toast appears saying "DMS: Missing License". I believe that this problem occurs because the device on which I am running DroidMote does not have a realtime clock. This means that the time is set automatically at boot but there is unfortunately a short delay whilst the network connection is established which means that DroidMote starts before the time is correct. Is there anyway that DroidMote could delay autostart or at least retry if this problem occurs?
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Autostart fails

Post by zulu99 »

roberttang30 wrote:When I set up DroidMote Server to autostart it fails to run and a toast appears saying "DMS: Missing License". I believe that this problem occurs because the device on which I am running DroidMote does not have a realtime clock. This means that the time is set automatically at boot but there is unfortunately a short delay whilst the network connection is established which means that DroidMote starts before the time is correct. Is there anyway that DroidMote could delay autostart or at least retry if this problem occurs?
The server is started after you network is connected.

The license is checked when you connect the client.

So if your device have problem to get the right date / time in short time, you can wait a few minutes before connecting after the first start.

Let me know if this solve.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Autostart fails

Post by zulu99 »

UPDATE:
I will remove the alert "Missing License" when the server start in the next version.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto