DroidMote server on M8S Plus

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
and_user1

DroidMote server on M8S Plus

Post by and_user1 »

I have M8S Plus TV BOX which is running Android 5.1 and it is rooted. When I check with terminal emulator and ES file manager with root privileges, I can see files under /dev/input folder but there is no /dev/input/uinput file.

Even if I don't see uinput file, I installed and run DroidMote server, it stats working and I can control mouse with DroidMode client but a few seconds later, I get same "Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped" error message.

Is it possible this error happen because of the lack of uinput file? If I can fix uinput file, is it possible that this error message disappears?

Thanks
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: DroidMote server on M8S Plus

Post by zulu99 »

and_user1 wrote:I have M8S Plus TV BOX which is running Android 5.1 and it is rooted. When I check with terminal emulator and ES file manager with root privileges, I can see files under /dev/input folder but there is no /dev/input/uinput file.

Even if I don't see uinput file, I installed and run DroidMote server, it stats working and I can control mouse with DroidMode client but a few seconds later, I get same "Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped" error message.

Is it possible this error happen because of the lack of uinput file? If I can fix uinput file, is it possible that this error message disappears?

Thanks
This problem is not related to uinput. You have uinput like all modern android devices.

The problem is that you have an android tv box not certified by Google. This mean that the google play services and apps was added without google approval from your manufacturer. A firmware update or update of google play services will solve.

Actually i have the server running on many android devices without problems on google play services. As test devices i use the Shield TV, Nexus Player, Nexus 7 2013, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S6 and many Amlogic and Rockchip android tv box. android 4.x, 5.x and 6.x

Update google services or the firmware and you will solve the problem.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto