Droidmote server with logitech gamepad

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
Tommy21st

Droidmote server with logitech gamepad

Post by Tommy21st »

Hi to you all, i have an Amlogic S912 tv box, mostly used as media player, but i would like to expand it's functionality to be able to play games on it.

As lots of Android games don't support controllers, i was looking for a way to enable it, but haven't succeeded with any app so far.

And then i found droidmote server app, and i decided to give it a try, but i've found out i need to buy it if i want to try it out.

Question is, can you play games with gamepad with droidmote, is it relatively easy to set it up, as i understood, i need to have running droidmote client every time i want to play with gamepad?

Reason is that i don't want to play it with my phone/droidmote client, i only want to play with gamepad, even if i need to run it from droidmote client app every time.

Games i would like to play on it are Fifa/Pes, others aren't that important, but unfortunately i can't try the app, i would buy it if i knew it would work.
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Droidmote server with logitech gamepad

Post by zulu99 »

Tommy21st wrote:Hi to you all, i have an Amlogic S912 tv box, mostly used as media player, but i would like to expand it's functionality to be able to play games on it.

As lots of Android games don't support controllers, i was looking for a way to enable it, but haven't succeeded with any app so far.

And then i found droidmote server app, and i decided to give it a try, but i've found out i need to buy it if i want to try it out.

Question is, can you play games with gamepad with droidmote, is it relatively easy to set it up, as i understood, i need to have running droidmote client every time i want to play with gamepad?

Reason is that i don't want to play it with my phone/droidmote client, i only want to play with gamepad, even if i need to run it from droidmote client app every time.

Games i would like to play on it are Fifa/Pes, others aren't that important, but unfortunately i can't try the app, i would buy it if i knew it would work.
You can try DroidMote with the free server in this page: https://www.videomap.it/download.htm

You can play almost every multi touch game.

Take a look here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... kTajlt6TGT

https://www.videomap.it/dmcguide.htm#droidmoteIME
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Tommy21st

Post by Tommy21st »

I can't download free droidmote server, the only Android option is the one for devices without google play, i do have google play installed, i click it, it looks like it opened a new tab, but just for a second, and after it stays the same, so i can't download it.

I need it just for a few days, test if it works for me, i will buy it if it works.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Tommy21st wrote:I can't download free droidmote server, the only Android option is the one for devices without google play, i do have google play installed, i click it, it looks like it opened a new tab, but just for a second, and after it stays the same, so i can't download it.

I need it just for a few days, test if it works for me, i will buy it if it works.

the one for devices without google play is the right apk.

means that can work also without google play, but don't means that it not work if you have google play.

right mouse button, save as. ( if not download with a click )
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Tommy21st

Post by Tommy21st »

Yes, thank you, now i managed to download it.

Now i have another problem, server doesn't want to turn on, it stays off all the time, device is rooted.

Is there a way to manually check the ip address and turn on, both client and server are on the same wifi network?

Forgot to mention, both devices are running Nougat.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Tommy21st wrote:Yes, thank you, now i managed to download it.

Now i have another problem, server doesn't want to turn on, it stays off all the time, device is rooted.

Is there a way to manually check the ip address and turn on, both client and server are on the same wifi network?

Forgot to mention, both devices are running Nougat.
i think that your server device is not rooted well, otherwise must work.
droidmote server work on almost every android device if you have root .
Tommy21st

Post by Tommy21st »

I cleared app data and cache, it works now, everything is ok now.

I bought touch profile app from play store, i downloaded pes2018 hardware controller from your site, buttons are configured, but not as i wanted, i have tried with 3 gamepads, one doesn't have analog sticks, i would like to configure it the way i played on Playstation.

It looks like it isn't easy to configure it, and i don't have a lot of free time to configure it the way i want to.

I will look at touch profiles here on forum to see if i can do anything about it.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Tommy21st wrote:I cleared app data and cache, it works now, everything is ok now.

I bought touch profile app from play store, i downloaded pes2018 hardware controller from your site, buttons are configured, but not as i wanted, i have tried with 3 gamepads, one doesn't have analog sticks, i would like to configure it the way i played on Playstation.

It looks like it isn't easy to configure it, and i don't have a lot of free time to configure it the way i want to.

I will look at touch profiles here on forum to see if i can do anything about it.
it is very simple create a touch profile. You need only the screenshot while the game run ( means the exact resolution of your server device screen) and with the app touch profile creator you can map like you want. You can use the app touch profile creator or on phone or on server device.

in case you need some video tutorials, you can take a look here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... kTajlt6TGT

Attention:
When games do not have mouse support, you must activate the touch mouse. ( red pointer )

I think that your problem is not droidmote, but that you are using some hardware controllers not compatible with your device.
To solve you must make compatible the hardware controller with your android device and to do this, usually, you must load the right keylayout for your hardware controller. This config is unrelated to droidmote.

For example, for the nvidia bluetooth controller you can take a look here:

https://plus.google.com/+VideomapIt/posts/3FPawzG1nzM

https://plus.google.com/+VideomapIt/posts/AduLxQ6PwTx