Suggestions and Improvements

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions and Improvements

Post by zulu99 »

BoTiA wrote:I do not know is is possible to implement this improvement but it will be good to somehow develop solution for creation of touch profiles on client side as well in order to enable users to connect their game-pad directly on server.
I read lot of your comments on other forums regarding this proposal, e.g. issues with devices that does not have real touchscreen (like my minix NeoG4) + how to control games which somehow need additional input (which is currently enabled by quickly switching on Touch pad on your Client app, e.g. in order to start the game)....
Reason for this need is in fact that not so much phones support USB HOST function and it will be good to use our existing hardware controller for gaming as well :)

anyhow, thanks again for the good work, user support and enthusiasm,

You will get excellent feedback and 5 star rating from my side,
I want explain how I see this thing, just to explain my point of view and thanks for your appreciation.

1) You can connect also a bluetooth controller (like the ps3 controller with sixaxis app or generic bluetooth controller without any app) and you do not need necessarily a phone with USB HOST (but all new phone from 2012 will have USB HOST). When you have the USB HOST, you can use also a 5$ controller. (clone of ps3)

2) Connect the game-pad directly on the server, you can't play with many new multi-touch-only games. Because with many new games like shadowgun deadzone or aliens vs predator or need for speed most wanted you need also the TouchMouse and multi-touch actions that you can do only with DroidMote Client otherwise you can not start or continue the game.

Many new games infact don't support a real mouse to press on buttons menu and settings and other part of the game. It is impossible to map all the buttons and settings in the touch profiles as well as being impractical. With DroidMote Client you can also do these actions simply.

As example i post two videos. All that i do in the games with the TouchMouse (RED CIRCLE) you can't do with other apps that have the gamepad connected directly on the server. And remember that often, you have to use also the keyboard.

DroidMote for now, need only a "Touch Profile Creator" for Android, but some people are already working on. But is simple create a touch profile with the windows app or with a simple text editor.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
BoTiA

Post by BoTiA »

1) You can connect also a bluetooth controller (like the ps3 controller with sixaxis app or generic bluetooth controller without any app) and you do not need necessarily a phone with USB HOST (but all new phone from 2012 will have USB HOST). When you have the USB HOST, you can use also a 5$ controller. (clone of ps3)

Is it true that I can connect bluetooth controller (PS3) with sixaxis app to my phone and afterwards use DROIDMOTE still? (I mean droidmote client will recognize PS3 controller on my phone?)

If it is true than it will solve my problems (missing USB HOST) :D
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

BoTiA wrote:1) You can connect also a bluetooth controller (like the ps3 controller with sixaxis app or generic bluetooth controller without any app) and you do not need necessarily a phone with USB HOST (but all new phone from 2012 will have USB HOST). When you have the USB HOST, you can use also a 5$ controller. (clone of ps3)

Is it true that I can connect bluetooth controller (PS3) with sixaxis app to my phone and afterwards use DROIDMOTE still? (I mean droidmote client will recognize PS3 controller on my phone?)

If it is true than it will solve my problems (missing USB HOST) :D
You can test also vs. Windows before buy DroidMote Server for Android. Sure that is true. If you have an hardware controller working on your client device in any mode (bluetooth, wired or wireless), DroidMote Client forward this hardware controller to DroidMote Server. And you can use this also with touch profiles for multi-touch-only games.
Is implied that your hardware controller is already working on the client device, regardless DroidMote Client.

p.s.
In some devices, you can connect your ps3 controller also without sixaxis app. (example: asus tf101 with stock rom, Sony Tablet S etc.)
If you use sixaxis to connect your ps3 controller to your phone, go in Sixaxis app -> Menu -> Preferences -> Gamepad Settings and check Enable Gamepad. In this mode Android see the connected controller as native gamepad and you can use it with DroidMote Client.

If you want you can play also with Windows games with your beloved ps3 controller, in the same way you play with Android.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
BoTiA

Post by BoTiA »

I already bought DroidMote Server :)

regarding your sentence:
"In this mode Android see the connected controller as native gamepad" .. I suppose that this is valid only for android 3.1 and above?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

BoTiA wrote:I already bought DroidMote Server :)

regarding your sentence:
"In this mode Android see the connected controller as native gamepad" .. I suppose that this is valid only for android 3.1 and above?
Is logic. Only in Android versions that support controllers. From android version 3.1 you can forward hardware controllers with DroidMote Client.
RmatriX1218

Post by RmatriX1218 »

I purchased this app, but found to get it work, some additional work is required for profile creation, which requires windows or trial and error approach.

This is what I am exactly looking for

Can you do it on droidmote please?

<Edit>
Forgot to add link
http://www.arctablet.com/blog/featured/ ... mart-t428/
Last edited by RmatriX1218 on Thu May 30, 2013 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

RmatriX1218 wrote:I purchased this app, but found to get it work, some additional work is required for profile creation, which requires windows or trial and error approach.

Can you do it on droidmote please?
You can download the touch profile creator for windows.

And now i'm working on touch profile editor for Android. simple, fast and usable in both devices (client or server)
Ozpeter

Post by Ozpeter »

I have two suggestions -

I use droidmote to control several different fixed Android devices. It's not easy when connecting to remember the ip address of each one. It would be handy if a friendly name could be assigned to each host in the server settings and displayed in the client when connecting.

Also, when using voice input for searches, in order to finish the input, an "enter" needs to be sent, which requires switching to the keyboard and pressing the enter key there. It would be handy and more elegant to have an enter button/key available at the same part of the interface where voice input is provided. I guess that's really a client matter rather than a server matter, sorry...

Thanks for your consideration, great system!
germsb

Post by germsb »

A suggestion to improve connectivity: in my case, my router is far enough away from my box, it results in a medium fluidity. But Android allows to connect two devices in direct wifi over the main network. Once connected, the fluidity is perfect but the procedure is tedious because the connection is not done automatically, on each start, it is necessary to redo the manipulation. However, there is an Android API that could maybe automate the connection between devices.

More info here :
https://developer.android.com/training/ ... irect.html
https://trivedihardik.wordpress.com/201 ... ample/amp/

Thanks for this amazing app
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

germsb wrote:A suggestion to improve connectivity: in my case, my router is far enough away from my box, it results in a medium fluidity. But Android allows to connect two devices in direct wifi over the main network. Once connected, the fluidity is perfect but the procedure is tedious because the connection is not done automatically, on each start, it is necessary to redo the manipulation. However, there is an Android API that could maybe automate the connection between devices.

More info here :
https://developer.android.com/training/ ... irect.html
https://trivedihardik.wordpress.com/201 ... ample/amp/

Thanks for this amazing app
if you enable portable hotspot on phone, you can connect the server device via wifi automatically at boot to your phone.
If you need to pass the license because in not cached, you can also enable 3G /LTE on your phone for the short time necessary to validate the license via google play.

However, for the best solution, i suggest to buy 2 powerline adapter.
One of this wifi. In this way you can extend the wifi signal from every power plug of your house.

Thanks for your suggestion.