server free, client paid? changed?

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
fredphoesh

server free, client paid? changed?

Post by fredphoesh »

Hi Zulu99,

I bought the server on Play store in 2013 and was wanting to install and try it again, but I see the client now needs to be bought to remove ads. Is the purchase made in 2103 not good enough, do I need to buy the client to remove the adverts?

Thanks,
Mark.
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: server free, client paid? changed?

Post by zulu99 »

fredphoesh wrote:Hi Zulu99,

I bought the server on Play store in 2013 and was wanting to install and try it again, but I see the client now needs to be bought to remove ads. Is the purchase made in 2103 not good enough, do I need to buy the client to remove the adverts?

Thanks,
Mark.
No. If you bought the server in the past, and you download and install the server from google play the client don't need a new purchase and you don't see ads. Valid for Android to Android

Anyway the purchase in the Client is the new monetization model to make possible the use of the app for free (ads) and to make sure that also in future droidmote will always work also if Google could decide to remove root apps from Google Play.

In my download section, you can find also a special Client version that support payments with the EOS cryptocurrency. Buy with EOS is more convenient because you save the Google Play 30% fee and you can transfer or sell the license token to others EOS accounts. EOS transactions are free and instant and you are completly independent from Google.

To summarize, the new monetization model let users use the app also without money and if someone want can be fully independent from Google.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto