Program does not start

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
Lucky82

Program does not start

Post by Lucky82 »

Hello.

Device: Rikomagic MK802. Android: 4.0.3.

Just several minutes ago, I've bought and installed your app. When I tried to launch it for the first time, it says smth about not having license and offers me to buy it, again! But I did bought it! Have sms that my money have been withdrawn from my credit card, and I have an e-mail from Google Play, saying all is OK, with number of my offer: 1393806361505659. I was astonished, but decided to reboot, just in case. After the reboot, I've tried to launch app again, but it only report to me, that "there is an error in DroidMote Server" - and nothing more. What's the matter?
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Program does not start

Post by zulu99 »

where is your country ?

you have root and busybox installed ?

MK802 first model or what ?

try to reinstall and if you not solve the problem say to me model country and root situation.

and not worry i'm ever online to support all my customers
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Lucky82

Post by Lucky82 »

1. My country is Russia.
2. Model of device, according to docs from it's box is on the photo in the attachment.
3. I have superuser installed, so device must've been rooted. Busybox.... don't know exactly. How can it be figured out?
4. There is no information about when my MK802 was made, so I can't tell it's model.

What I should do to reinstall your app? Simply delete it and install again from Play Market?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

uninstall droidmote server, install from google play busybox free. (busybox is usefull for all root tools)

reinstall droidmote server.

if the server start and the client can connect to the server but nothing happen. mouse, keyboard and other not work, you not have the uinput module.

This mean that you have the first stock firmware, but you can update your firmware with this and resolv the iusse:
https://www.miniand.com/forums/forums/2/topics/60

all that i explain in this post is written on the FAQ and linked on Google Play, i'm very clear to all

read also the FAQ to know all functions of DroidMote.

most of the Android device already has the uinput module, for mk802 you must install the new firmware in the link above.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Lucky82

Post by Lucky82 »

Sorry, I was wrong saying that my device has root. It doesn't! App Root Checker said so. I've installed busybox. Now have to find solution to root my MK802. I've read FAQ, and part about possible problems with the uinput.ko as well. But they may wait me in future, have to deal with root first :|

Thank you for your help! I'll write end of this story here, whatever it'll be.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Do not worry when you have everything in place, everything works fine.

look how many videos on youtube with droidmote on mk802.

I'm here for everything you need.
Lucky82

Post by Lucky82 »

I've rooted my device. Droidmote server starts normally now. Will check it's workability soon.

So, while majority of MK802 devices have root, some doesn't. But I've rooted it with SuperOneClick very easily under Win 7.
Lucky82

Post by Lucky82 »

Hello.

As I've promised, there is continue of my story. Unfortunately, that root I've got wasn't proper one. I've tried two more ways to root my device, but they failed. Moreover, last one drive my MK802 to coma stage (as a result of unsuccessful installation of ADB driver) and it got me several hours to restore it to normal. So, I decided not to proceed with such monkey business and change whole firmware of my device. Right now, I'm downloading your custom image (mk802-image-for-droidmote.img). And I've found fairly detailed how-to-install it guide: http://liliputing.com/2012/06/how-to-re ... mware.html.

I want inform you, that if I walk this tricky path to the end (happy end, of course), I'm gonna write detailed guide in russian and post it in FAQ part of most competent russian-speaking resource about Android devices: 4PDA.ru. The interest in couple MK802+Droidmote in Russia is great, but still there is no guide "for dummies" on how to get it and it slows progress greatly! I think, once such thing will appear, many of MK802 owners will become your customers.

So, I must ask you some questions about your firmware, before I'll decide whether to install it:
1. Will it grant me root access to device?
2. Is there known examples of successful replacing stock firmware with yours one on exactly my version of device? I ask it, because my specimen does not even been named "MK802". Print on it only says "MINI PC for Android 4.0" and "DDR3/1GB" sticker on the bottom side. However, it has ventilation holes, and it's seller said that it's a mark of not very old modification, probably not older than end of August 2012.

I will be appreciated for your further support! :-)
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

From what i know, all "ALL winner A10" devices are unbrickable.

get a copy of the stock firmware for security.

If the tool with the drivers work you not have a problem.

the mk802 II have a different mode of flashing firmware and the tool linked by you not work.

so if the tools and drivers work, go sure you have a clone of the mk802. and the linked firmware work.

My mk802 1 GB with this firmware:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Keancvm07uo

attention: windows not ever recognize the device, cause the drivers. same time i must restart windows. but this is just a nuisance, not a problem.
Lucky82

Post by Lucky82 »

Please, answer two more questions:
zulu99 wrote:get a copy of the stock firmware for security.
How to do it? May be through recovery mode, but still I don't
know how to enter it? I did enter this mode on my android smartphone, but on this device that's enigma.
zulu99 wrote:attention: windows not ever recognize the device, cause the drivers. same time i must restart windows. but this is just a nuisance, not a problem.
What do you mean? I must reboot windows after connecting device or what..?

PS. On one side of device's box there is word "MK802". It gives hope.