sixaxis and droidmote for wireless ps3 controller no BT...

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
Paulieknewport88

sixaxis and droidmote for wireless ps3 controller no BT...

Post by Paulieknewport88 »

Has anyone else treid using the sixaxis app overtop of the droidmote client to use a sixaxis conterller wirelessly on a device with no bluetooth support or in some cases no sixaxis support at all..?

i have set up my mini pc called the Z902 (alot like MK802 II) to use a ps3 controller as a touch profile device using droidmote as a middleman of sorts. making a touchprofile for the droidmote client worked very well once the volume keys were added into the mix and then we got realtive touch movement for the sticks as well...

I use this setup almost everyday to test new games and love that i can use a ps3 controller on my 75 dollar device. Not only that but i managed to use an external hard drive as the internal sd card giving me 300 gigs of space to place games on.

so has anyone else thought of this.? because it is a great addition to the many uses of droidmote..
nimo

Re: sixaxis and droidmote for wireless ps3 controller no BT.

Post by nimo »

Hi there

This sounds interesting

Here what I have as a setup, maybe you could help me here

I have the MK808 Android stick with Droidmote Server installed, also I have a PS3 controller and a Samsung S2 as well as a HP touchpad running Android
I have installed Droidmote Client on both Samsung and HP devices but I am new to Droidmote and not sure how and what to do with the profile creation/touchmode/accelerometer works with it

Could you please share some steps here on how I can do that?

I need to install sixaxis app also on the MK808 device (server) or I need to install that on the Client device? (Samsung/HP)

Thanks!
Alex
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

the sixaxis app only on device with DroidMote Client.

you must create a sixaxis touch profile for DroidMote Client (only one and one time)

put DroidMote Client in Gamepad2Touch mode and select a touch profile for your game in DroidMote Client Settings.

now when you move your ps3 controller, you can see that DroidMote Client is moving.

in this mode DroidMote Client control automatically DroidMOte Server.

to create a touch profile for DroidMote Client you can use the app "Touch Profile Creator" in the download section of this forum.

in other words, with the app sixaxis, instead of control directly the game, you control DroidMote Client.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
nimo

Post by nimo »

By the way, the scree resolution of the HP Touchpad is 1,024 x 768
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Take this opportunity to make an important announcement.

I'm working on a big update of DroidMote Client. if all goes well, and I can not find a hitch unsolvable, in the next versions, DroidMote Client can be used also like a gateway for real controller. you not need other apps but only DroidMote Client that forward the actions of your real controller to DroidMote Server.

the future process can be this:

1) connect the real controller on device with DroidMote Client installed
2) connect DroidMote Client to DroidMote Server
3) play the remote game with your real controller having DroidMote Client as gateway.

p.s.
very usefull with multi touch games, because you can use DroidMote touch profiles with your preferred real controller.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
nimo

Post by nimo »

That will be great!

So when you release the next Client version, we wont need to use sixaxis anymore!!

Could you please share some info or maybe give us a profile file for this setup, I mean to have the profile of the PS3 controler via sixaxis to control the mouse pointer and click on the Server device?

Thanks in advance!
Alex
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

for mouse, touchmouse and multitouch touchpad, you can use the phone, also to navigate in menu of the game. (is more comfortable)

for play the game, if you prefer a real controller, you can with the next versions.

for now to create a touch profile of DroidMote Client for sixaxix, take a screen shot of DroidMote Client on your device and create it directly with the app sixaxis.
what is the problem, i not understand your question.