uinput fot Mediacom 722i Tablet

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
maxsax

Re: uinput fot Mediacom 722i Tablet

Post by maxsax »

Sorry for my absence, but I was a bit busy, and I've found some problem in cross-compilation under 64-bit Linux (Ubuntu 12.10 recently updated).

But now I've recompiled kernel, and produced uinput.ko with suggestions by zulu99 (file is attached); loading this module (with insmod; modprobe is not present on my system) I receive this error:

Code: Select all

insmod: init_module 'uinput.ko' failed (Exec format error)
and kernel error is:

Code: Select all

uinput: disagrees about version of symbol module_layout
(read using dmesg)

It seems that not only vermagic of uinput kernel module must be equal to value of my kernel, but also other symbols/strings: do you think I need original kernel sources by producer to compile uinput module?

Many thanks

maxsax
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

yes, can happen also this , this mean that the source code public, is not the same of the original source code of the producer.
there are many gpl violation in android, specially from device the come from..... i not want continue.

but for your question, you are sure that your uinput module have the same vermagic of modules already present in your tablet ?

the source code can be a little modified in the configuration file to match the same vermagic of your tablet.

the vermagic of the module attached by you is vermagic=2.6.34 mod_unload modversions ARMv7

the vermagic on your tablet is different, is 2.6.34 preempt mod_unload modversions ARMv7

in your .config file find CONFIG_PREEMPT and replace with CONFIG_PREEMPT=y recompile the kernel and compare well the two vermagic.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
maxsax

Post by maxsax »

It's True! I have'nt checked vermagic, but following your instructions effects are identical (same error returned by insmod, same error returned by dmesg).
(before recompilation I have added in .config CONFIG_PREEMPT because not present; only CONFIG_DEBUG_PREEMPT was present).

I attach recompiled module for your checks

Thanks for all

maxsax
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

well this is the mode. but if the original source is different. i not know.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto