Droidmote Server on DroidX

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
phor

Droidmote Server on DroidX

Post by phor »

Hello,
I'm trying to get droidmote server working on my droidx.

Before I purchased the app I rooted the 4.5.621 stock rom, installed superSU to make sure root was functioning correctly, installed terminal emulator to confirm uinput in /dev, and installed busybox(1.21.0).
I rebooted the phone and then installed droidmote server.
I can connect to the droidmote server no problem.
The keyboard, dpad, home/search/menu/back buttons all work, but the mouse doesn't.
When I try to use mouse input, the notification bar icon shows a red circle but I get no virtual mouse cursor.

Just in case Motorola had done something to disable uinput functionality, I also tried installing a CM7 rom. No luck.
Any ideas?
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Droidmote Server on DroidX

Post by zulu99 »

Disable the TouchMouse in DroidMote Client Settings and read the DroidMote Client Quick Start Guide to understand how DroidMote work.

The TouchMouse mode (Setting->TouchMouse) is an hybrid input device that instead of using left and rigth mouse button, use touch action. This can be used for same android games that not support a real mouse. Infact you can click on the buttons menu of this games only with the TouchMouse. TouchMouse work only if you have selected a touch profile, because it need the remote screen size and orientation field in the touch profile.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
phor

Post by phor »

I tried without touchmouse before posting, but tried to create a touch profile and enable it just to see if it would make a difference, that doesn't work either.

In the client quickstart guide it says to look for the droidmote.kl, droidmote.kcm, etc... configuration files on your server device in /system/usr, but in the FAQ it says they only get copied there if you're running Android 3.0 or above right?
I'm running Android 2.3.4, so should they still be getting copied to that location?

The only place they exist on my DroidX is in /data/data/org.videomap.droidmoteserver/files
If they are supposed to get copied at server start, maybe that means there is something wrong with my busybox install?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

I don't undetstand if the normal mouse now work. It aswork ?

In android version < 3.2 not all function are avaiable as is written in google play page of DroidMote Server.

For the server device, only Android version > 3.2 support full multi-touch and full gamepad. For more details look the google play page.

For the client, there isn't problems.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
phor

Post by phor »

I don't need the gamepad or touchmouse on this device, just trying to get normal mouse to work.

I uninstalled droidmote server, reinstalled busybox to make sure there wasn't some kind of problem with my busybox install, restarted phone, reinstalled droidmote server, set it to start on boot, restarted phone.

Now when I connect, I can tell the mouse is actually working but there is no cursor. (it was probably always like this, but since I didn't see a cursor I assumed it wasn't working).

I can move the mouse way up so that I know it should be at the top of the screen, then I can long tap to grab the notification window and it works! So the mouse is definitely working, there just isn't a cursor.

Any idea why cursor wouldn't show up?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

No i don't have idea. This is the first time that i read this from an user. The normal mouse mode work for all usually.

But your device with the server inside, have a very old version of Android.

Can you update with a younger custom rom ?
phor

Post by phor »

Ya, it's odd.
If I pair a bluetooth mouse then I get a cursor.

There is 1 ICS ROM that will work with the DroidX, but it still uses the Gingerbread kernel.
I can give it a shot, but I'm not sure it will make any difference since the kernel will be the same.

Does the droidmote mouse use HID or SPP profile?