License issue

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
xs2reality

License issue

Post by xs2reality »

Hi there,
First of all congratulations on a great app. It really has a lot of potential for Android based remotes on numerous devices.
I purchased the server app and installed in on a no-name Chinese (A10 based) ICS tablet. The tablet is rooted and has Superuser installed (with already some root requiring apps using it).
After installing and opening the server app it will spit out an error: This application is not licensed. Please purchase it from Android market.

It never asks superuser for permissions so I can't say what's the cause. Uninstalling and re-installing the server app / rebooting doesn't do anything.
I couldn't figure out whether the uinput.ko is pre-installed as the Linux directory is a bit different than you described.

After this I turned it around and installed the Server app on my Sony phone and the client app on the tablet. This worked fine (bit laggy tough but that can be the Wifi network).
Anyway, looking for a way to resolve this issue.
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: License issue

Post by zulu99 »

All license problems, are not related to DroidMote.

The license is managed inside your phone from the Google Play app and from the Google servers.

You can only try to clear the cache of you Google Play app.

But the few times that happens, the causes are differents. Or your country can not buy from the Google Play store, or you Google Play App is not compatible with the Play Store, or same strange chinese devices are not recognized by Google as legitimate Android devices.

This is the list of all supported devices by Google:
http://support.google.com/googleplay/bi ... er=1727131

I'm not sure in your case, but if you cantact Google, he say to you that your tablet is not supported by Google Play.

This thing is valid for all android applications to payment, not only for DroidMote.

My advice is to try to change Rom or install a new version of the Google Play app or if you're lucky remove you Google account and re-add it to Google Play app.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
xs2reality

Re: License issue

Post by xs2reality »

Hey there,
Thanks for the prompt reply. You were right about the Google licensing issue. I tested it on multiple tablets and HDMI sticks and some will simply not work. Apparently the Android varies a lot.

Anyway, I now got it running in my living room on an HDMI TV stick. Works like a charm!
Thanks for the great app, I left a 5-star rating on the Google Play store (both client and server app).

Best regards and good luck!