How can I use 3g and wifi together?

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Android
Alite

How can I use 3g and wifi together?

Post by Alite »

I'm using my tablet (galaxy tab 2 10.1) as server and a smartphone as client. Droidmote works fine but when I connect them, my smartphone is the hotspot and my tablet needs to turn on the wifi connection and it automaticaly turns off 3g, so I can't connect Internet with my tablet. I need to know how I can turn On 3g and wifi at the same time to use droidmote and browse in the internet with my tablet.
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: How can I use 3g and wifi together?

Post by zulu99 »

You can share your 3g internet connection via bluetooth Tethering.

connect the tablet to the phone (your tablet go in internet via bluetooth) (if you have problems to know the ip of tablet, go in settings -> about tablet ->status and read your ip)

start the droidmote server on the tablet

connect droidmote client in the phone to the droidmote server ip in the tablet.

tcp/ip work also over bluetooth and you can connect droidmote also over bluetooth.

look this:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=728

P.S

But is strange what you say. Infact if you have 3g connection on the phone and you active Thetering & portable hotspot, the tablet must navigate on internet with the 3g connection of the phone. In this mode you can use internet and also droidmote.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Alite wrote:I'm using my tablet (galaxy tab 2 10.1) as server and a smartphone as client. Droidmote works fine but when I connect them, my smartphone is the hotspot and my tablet needs to turn on the wifi connection and it automaticaly turns off 3g, so I can't connect Internet with my tablet. I need to know how I can turn On 3g and wifi at the same time to use droidmote and browse in the internet with my tablet.
I'm sorry your configuration is reversed. you have the 3g connection on the tablet.

Well:

Active Thetering & portable hotspot on you tablet.

connect the phone to the tablet via wifi (the phone go in internet with the 3g connection of your tablet)

start droidmote server on the tablet

connect the client to the server

if you have problems to know the ip of tablet, go in settings -> about tablet ->status and read your ip
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Alite

Post by Alite »

Thanks,

But when I turn on my tablet's wifi to be the server, its 3g automaticaly turns off, losing internet connection. My tablet has 3g SIM. I need a way to turn on Wifi and 3g together in the tablet.
Alite

Post by Alite »

The only way I found to do is put my 3g SIM inside my smartphone and when it works as client (and hotspot), my tablet works as server with wifi on and receiving data from smartphone. I tested and it woks, but everytime I has to change my 3g SIM to smartphone, to tablet, to smartphone... I really need 3g and wifi together to solve this.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Should be the same thing when you active the hotspot on tablet.

instead of active hotspot on phone, active the hotspot on tablet. In this way you can have the phone that go in internet through the 3g connection of the tablet.

forget droidmote for a second.

active hotspot on your tablet that have 3g connection and look if the phone navigate to internet with the 3g of the tablet. (if this not work the problem is the hotspot of tablet,regardless DroidMote)

instead if this last configuration work

start droidmote server on tablet

connect the client to the server
Alite

Post by Alite »

Problem solved. Activating hotspot on tablet. Before I've tried this and didn't work.

Thanks, now it's fine.