Ok, I have spend like 15+ hours on this one, rooted my phone and uploaded custom, unofficial 4.3 android, bought bunch of apps from Google Play, etc... here are the results:
What I tried:
1. Editing pad config in Android System Folder. Changing to axis
D-PAD makes the dpad useless, system doesnt support it. There is not enough number of unused buttons to map all 4 D-pad directions as buttons although it works ok (UP as A/X DOWN as B/Y etc.) . Maybe there is a way to add additional buttons to config file but I could not find it so I doubt it
2. Tried using custom driver supported by SixAxis - works but no additional options
3. Tried using custom driver supported by USB/BT Joy Center Gold - works but no additional options
What I have noticed is that when I turned on accelerometer ON in droidmote options it mapped to D-PAD so by moving pad I could use d-pad. Useless but may be helpfull..
So much for the Android side...
On the PC side i tried:
1. Mapping arrows to d-pad in x360ce - doesnt work as x360ce can only map input from PAD not from keyboard
2. Created vitual controller in PPJoy and another one in VJoy (arrows to pad keys). Mapped droidmote+vjoy to ppjoy to get full droidmote + dpad experience and than mapped ppjoy controller in x360ce WHICH seemed to work ok, until I realized that even though droidmote can work and send keystrokes in the background in Android, the arrows are not send in the background (even if Droidmote IME is selected) so when I opened streaming application (splashtop) in android I could use/send droidmote controller ok in the background but the arrows weren send to v-joy...
3. Changed streaming program from Splashtop to Kainy which allowed me to map d-pad/arrows directly in the streaming software WITH droidmote ruuning in the background. So then the arrows are send to vjoy by Kainy and then to PPjoy and all other droidmote input controls are send to ppjoy. Then the PPjoy is mapped in x360ce as xbox pad and detected in games as X360 pad.
The only drawback is that Kainy has faaaaaar less image quality than splashtop :/ but I'll try to figure this out.
It would be perfect if droidmote could also intercept "arrows" while ruuning in the background and than map them as controller buttons on the pc server side. Then we could skip the whole PPjoy + VJoy stuff.
Did I miss anything?