Droidmote server doing nothing

Discussion about DroidMote Server for Windows
zulu99
Site Admin

Re: Droidmote server doing nothing

Post by zulu99 »

I do not know how to help you. but one thing is for sure, these are the whims of Windows.
We all know that windows is often possessed by the devil :)

I understand, because once it happened to me too.

p.s.
when you install , before type uninstall and after install, and be sure to not have any yellow icon on device manager after you type uninstall. if you have one, delete manually.
and don't forget to open the command prompt with administrator permissions.

for advanced users:
the best mode to uninstall a driver cache, is with the tool dpinst

dpinst /U c:\windows\inf\oemxx.inf (where oemxx.inf is the inf that install the driver. xx is a number)

the name of this inf is in the form oemxx.inf where xx is a number and inside you can find the string droidmote
to find this inf you can use the command - find "droidmote" oem*.inf - in the c:\windows\inf\ folder from command prompt.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Zielak

Re: Droidmote server doing nothing

Post by Zielak »

alfalamda wrote:So I uninstalled from safe mode, completely removed the old drivers, deleted the files but now when I try to install I get a "devcon failed" error and on the device manager an unknown device appears. It really pisses me off. Any last advice?
I've had the same problem too on Windows 8. You have to disable "signature verification enforcement". More info here: http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to- ... d-drivers/