[ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
Veronica

Re: [ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.2]

Post by Veronica »

fredphoesh wrote:Hi
Odd that you are not getting the number of crashes I get (every few minutes)

The power button is not mentioned in the first two pages of this post... it should be mentioned in the first 3 posts, as the first post says to read the first three posts before asking any questions! there are 88 pages here, so I am not about to read all of them, and "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: power button."

I am giving square launcher a go, thanks for the help. I had bought it ages ago, have SSlauncher and Total Lancher too by the same guy.

Mark.
34dabears wrote: I dont have any of those issues with the rom occasional crash but very seldom. I use the squarehome launcher 2 here is a youtube link to my setup if you would like to copy it go right ahead.
https://youtu.be/F0opC0q5pyM
You need to read the initial several posts to fix the power button issue and it has been re quoted at least once a week or 2 ago.
About your crashes, must be an app(s) causing it or external / adopted storage drive or you restored apps data or did not factory reset when flashing this firmware from stock.

About the power button issue, here i found the info (will add it later to 2nd post):
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1646&p=5174&hilit= ... Fusr#p5174
nVidia Shield TV 2015 Full Android Nougat ~ DroidMote Touch Profiles for Gamepad ~
To have Mouse functionality with right stick like in stock but in all apps you need to install DroidMote Client and Server.
Read the 2nd post for more info.
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

mimo_424 wrote:Hello guys,

I have droidmote working great but I cant get the right hand analog pad on my shield 2015 controller to work as a mouse. I've tried whats has been suggested by installing droidmote client on the shield and using droidmoteIME. but unfortunately not working. A little help would be appreciated.
Clear DroidMote Server and Client apps data in your Shield TV. Start from scratch:

1. Start the server
2. Enable droidmoteIME in both (you need to enable this in 2 different places) AOSP "full" settings and within DroidMote client app (long press keyboard icon)
The DroidMote client app will open the windows where you have to enable droidmoteiME automatically and will also display toast notifications of what to do next.
3. Once you are successfully connected to the Server, Mouse mode will be enabled by default so you can move the right stick and the mouse arrow should appear on screen and start moving.

If you still have issues then reinstall DroidMote Server.
nVidia Shield TV 2015 Full Android Nougat ~ DroidMote Touch Profiles for Gamepad ~
To have Mouse functionality with right stick like in stock but in all apps you need to install DroidMote Client and Server.
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

Stevie G wrote:
Veronica wrote:
Stevie G wrote:Ok guys, sorry for asking stupid question, I've got the 2015 shield 16gb version rooted with 3.2

I know I have missed quite a few updates so far, but do I just let it update automatically to MM ver 5.x and then or will it update straight to Nougat stock 5.x

Do I then flash Nougat full Android version.

Thank you
Did you read all 3 first posts of this thread?.
Stock Nvidia MM versions are 3.x and Nougat versions are 5.x.

In 3th post you have instructions how to upgrade to Nougat from MM.

If you are in stock Nvidia Experience Upgrade 3.2, then it is faster and easier to upgrade to Nougat. If that is the case then just let it update automatically. Once you're sure you have latest stock Nougat 5.1 (as of today) installed, proceed to flash Full Android Nougat.

Sent from my Tapatalk beta Hub
Hi Veronica

Sorry I looked wrong, I'm on StockRestyle 3.2 for Shield Android TV, how do I do back to stock 3.3 or do I just update it automatically. Will it brick or must I flash again.

Please show me steps to go to stock before I update to Nougat.

Thank you
Ok, as you have old bootloader you need to first go back to stock Marshmallow v3.2 which is the version Stock Restyle 3.2 Marshmallow was based on (the one you have installed)

You have to download the stock 3.2 recovery image for your device model from the following website:

https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworksdownload

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD THE CORRECT ONE:
In this example i attach screenshot of nvidia 3.2 recovery image for Nvidia Shield Android TV (1st gen) 2015 16GB

Once you finish downloading, unzip it and FLASH ONLY THE FOLLOWING IMAGES (.img) from that package:

fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot -w
fastboot reboot

DO NOT USE flashall.bat or flashall.sh AND DOT FLASH ANYTHING ELSE as it is not necessary and also because the bootloader (blob file) is included too and it is a sensitive file.

Once done and the system start in Marshmallow wait for it to automatically download stock 5.1 OTA and prompt you to reboot to install the update, accept and let it do it's thing. Wait for it to boot and start in latest Android TV Nougat and just then you'll be finally ready to follow the instructions of 1st post.

PLEASE REMEMBER, ONCE IN ANDROID NOUGAT YOU CAN NO LONGER DOWNGRADE THE BOOTLOADER.
34dabears

Post by 34dabears »

The power button is not mentioned in the first two pages of this post... it should be mentioned in the first 3 posts, as the first post says to read the first three posts before asking any questions! there are 88 pages here, so I am not about to read all of them, and "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: power button."

I am giving square launcher a go, thanks for the help. I had bought it ages ago, have SSlauncher and Total Lancher too by the same guy.

Mark.
34dabears wrote: I dont have any of those issues with the rom occasional crash but very seldom. I use the squarehome launcher 2 here is a youtube link to my setup if you would like to copy it go right ahead.
You need to read the initial several posts to fix the power button issue and it has been re quoted at least once a week or 2 ago.
I did have issues with a lot of crashing and slugishness if I tried skipping fastboot -w since I have the 500 gb pro vs I was just using twrp to do it I tried several methods with twrp long story short I always use the fastboot -w method and dont have any of the issues that I was getting the other way with twrp. Here I copied from Veronicas
To restore power button behaviour (you need root):

open the file /system/usr/keylayout/gpio-keys.kl

and change from:

key 116 STB_POWER

to:

key 116 POWER

* reboot *
lowmotility

Post by lowmotility »

Veronica wrote:

I have droidmote working great but I cant get the right hand analog pad on my shield 2015 controller to work as a mouse. I've tried whats has been suggested by installing droidmote client on the shield and using droidmoteIME. but unfortunately not working. A little help would be appreciated.
Clear DroidMote Server and Client apps data in your Shield TV. Start from scratch:

1. Start the server
2. Enable droidmoteIME in both (you need to enable this in 2 different places) AOSP "full" settings and within DroidMote client app (long press keyboard icon)
The DroidMote client app will open the windows where you have to enable droidmoteiME automatically and will also display toast notifications of what to do next.
3. Once you are successfully connected to the Server, Mouse mode will be enabled by default so you can move the right stick and the mouse arrow should appear on screen and start moving.

I did exactly this, a fresh install with nothing else but the custom rom and superuser.
still got crashes.
Mogster

Post by Mogster »

Mark.
Give this a try: https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3A ... wer+button

Also, Apex Launcher has been working fine for me. Nova Launcher should also work.
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

lowmotility wrote:
Veronica wrote:

1. Start the server

I did exactly this, a fresh install with nothing else but the custom rom and superuser.
still got crashes.
this has nothing to do with your crashes. My reply was for a user that couldn't figured how get his controller's right still to work as a Mouse.
I have already mentioned all the situations that can cause the issues you're having and you need to check them out.

lowmotility

Post by lowmotility »

Veronica wrote: About your crashes, must be an app(s) causing it or external / adopted storage drive or you restored apps data or did not factory reset when flashing this firmware from stock.
no apps installed, no adopted storage, factory reset.
none of those.. been around the rodeo for a while.
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

lowmotility wrote:
Veronica wrote: About your crashes, must be an app(s) causing it or external / adopted storage drive or you restored apps data or did not factory reset when flashing this firmware from stock.
no apps installed, no adopted storage, factory reset.
none of those.. been around the rodeo for a while.
16gb or 500gb pro model?
did you fastboot -w? Try reinstalling the firmware as last resort but first verify the download with the SHA1 code and before running the fastboot commands boot into TWRP and wipe system , data, cache and dalvik cache, then reboot to bootloader and run all the fastboot commands mentioned in first post. Use a high quality usb cable.

lowmotility

Post by lowmotility »

mine is a 16GB
did the fastboot -w
did not verify the hash since the file is a zip that does it by itself.

I will have another go at a later stage, but at this moment I need some reliability.
Zulu99 mentioned that uinput works on stock, I'm going to try and get that to work.