Re: [ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.2]

Post by 4FF »

Thanks, but: No + No
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

4FF wrote:<I don't know you, but what you write is very strange.>

That's a coincidence, I do not know you, either.

My messages are explanatory and consistent with the explanations. Hardly the rantings of a troll!

<Since you received a replacement unit in very short time ( very strange ) can you show a video of your problem and also the proof that your unit was replaced in so short time ?>

So many 'strange' events!

My Shield was purchased using Amazon Prime, which is Next Day delivery. Replacements are also Next Day, including Sundays.

With a Prime account, Amazon frequently send replacements before receiving back the 'faulty' unit.

That is a very simple explanation and other than that, I do not need to prove anything.

If you are going to make comments like that, then YOU should have sent ME a Private message rather than have such a conversation in public.

The only evidence there is is that the Ethernet says 'No Connection' and clicking on it has no effect.

As a network tech, I can assure you I am quite au fait with checking cables, routers, physical ports. There is nothing wrong with the physical port, router or cable that I am currently using.

To send you a video, I will need to completely restore the New unit to stock; show the ethernet working; unlock the bootloader; flash your rom; show the ethernet Not working.

I do not have time to keep doing all this and will probably just return this unit also as faulty and receive a refund.
The bootloader is unlocked only one time, the very first time.
After is always and forever unlocked.
Why you write unlock the bootloader ?

Just a curiosity, i don't want nothing.

About my previous message, i was just impressed how fast you replaced the unit.

I confirm again that ethernet on full Android work very well for everyone but not for you. After all, the stock files that manage ethernet are identical to full Android. Nothing change between stock and full Android on network managment. You can compare the files one by one.

I'm sorry for you problem, but you are the only one with this problem. I can not even reproduce the problem deliberately to help you.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
4FF

Post by 4FF »

Hi

Ignore my comment about unlocking the bootloader again.

Of course, it is already unlocked.

Have you now seen all 5 of the screenshots?

At the moment, I have your image installed.

If I wipe and re-install nvidia stock 5.1, the ethernet will work again (as I showed in the first screenshot).

I will now restore my twrp full backup of your rom with my data and live with wireless only unless or until a solution is found when someone else experiences the same problem.

I thought someone else already had the problem earlier in the thread?

To be clear, oob or re-installed, ethernet works with stock rom. With your image it does not work on both the units I have received.

It cannot be a faulty ethernet port because it works when I re-install stock 5.1

Best
setopbox

Post by setopbox »

Im sorry, but did u actually try redownloading zulu's file
The whole thing when u try reinstalling instead of using the one on ur pc already?
To be honest, all anyone would ever thought of, could be flash gone wrong
4FF

Post by 4FF »

Hi

Thanks, I did check the md5 at the beginning.

No harm in downloading it again, I guess........
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

4FF wrote:Hi

Ignore my comment about unlocking the bootloader again.

Of course, it is already unlocked.

Have you now seen all 5 of the screenshots?

At the moment, I have your image installed.

If I wipe and re-install nvidia stock 5.1, the ethernet will work again (as I showed in the first screenshot).

I will now restore my twrp full backup of your rom with my data and live with wireless only unless or until a solution is found when someone else experiences the same problem.

I thought someone else already had the problem earlier in the thread?

To be clear, oob or re-installed, ethernet works with stock rom. With your image it does not work on both the units I have received.

It cannot be a faulty ethernet port because it works when I re-install stock 5.1

Best
I not suggest to restore backup. Install like explained in first post and wipe data. The wipe of data after you had Android TV installed is fundamental. fastboot -w

I'm sorry for you, but if for others work and for you not work, can be only a problem external to the firmware.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
tmaniac

Post by tmaniac »

Zulu, do you, by any chance, know how to change the refresh rate from a shell?

i know how to read the options (dumpsys display) but not how to set them ;)
I want to set-up a tasker-script that changes the refresh-rate to 23,9hz when launching Netflix.
(and back to 59,9hz when starting youtube)

23,9 is prefect for Netflix playback but horrible for youtube :P
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

lalord69 wrote:Can someone shed some light on how and where to get the files to upgrade my Shield TV 2015 with Full Android Marshmallow 1.4 installed to Nougat?

i read where it says to upgrade, install stock nougat ota via TWRP then install full android nougat but cannot find nougat stock twrp image so i can flash.
any help is welcome.

thanks
Ok, as you have old bootloader you need to first go back to stock Marshmallow v3.2 wich is the version Full Android Marshmallow 1.4 was based on (the one you have installed)

You have to download the stock 3.2 recovery image for your device model from the following website:

https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworksdownload

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD THE CORRECT ONE:
In this example i attach screenshot of nvidia 3.2 recovery image for Nvidia Shield Android TV (1st gen) 2015 16GB

Once you finish downloading, unzip it and FLASH ONLY THE FOLLOWING IMAGES (.img) from that package:

fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot -w
fastboot reboot

DO NOT USE flashall.bat or flashall.sh AND DOT FLASH ANYTHING ELSE as it is not necessary and also because the bootloader (blob file) is included too and it is a sensitive file.

Once done and the system start in Marshmallow wait for it to automatically download stock 5.1 OTA and prompt you to reboot to install the update, accept and let it do it's thing. Wait for it to boot and start in latest Android TV Nougat and just then you'll be finally ready to follow the instructions of 1st post.

PLEASE REMEMBER, ONCE IN ANDROID NOUGAT YOU CAN NO LONGER DOWNGRADE BOOTLOADER.

NOTE: 3rd post updated!
nVidia Shield TV 2015 Full Android Nougat ~ DroidMote Touch Profiles for Gamepad ~
To have Mouse functionality with right stick like in stock but in all apps you need to install DroidMote Client and Server.
Read the 2nd post for more info.
4FF

Post by 4FF »

<I'm sorry for you, but if for others work and for you not work, can be only a problem external to the firmware.>

I have found that with your firmware installed I am not able to use the same usb hub that I am able to use with stock installed AND have the ethernet port working.

So, that was the cause of the issue.

I have not had time to diagnose the specific cause of ethernet working with one firmware and not the other.

I have also found the the hdmi connection on these models is exceptionally weak (physically), very much like power connections on Acer laptops.

I use quite heavy hdmi cables which are prone to short the connection so have swapped it out.

Thanks to everyone who offered a tip and asked a question.
Veronica

Post by Veronica »

4FF wrote:<I'm sorry for you, but if for others work and for you not work, can be only a problem external to the firmware.>

I have found that with your firmware installed I am not able to use the same usb hub that I am able to use with stock installed AND have the ethernet port working.

So, that was the cause of the issue.

I have not had time to diagnose the specific cause of ethernet working with one firmware and not the other.

I have also found the the hdmi connection on these models is exceptionally weak (physically), very much like power connections on Acer laptops.

I use quite heavy hdmi cables which are prone to short the connection so have swapped it out.

Thanks to everyone who offered a tip and asked a question.
Next time please quote others posts properly.
It's confusing your post, seems to me you were using an Ethernet port of your usb hub (some models have it)?, otherwise i cannot explain why would an usb hub block Shield TV's ethernet port, must be a really bad quality hub then. Very odd indeed.
Anyway, read the 2nd post of this thread to know how to make the 2nd USB port of the 2017 model work normally (host and debug mode at the same time).
nVidia Shield TV 2015 Full Android Nougat ~ DroidMote Touch Profiles for Gamepad ~
To have Mouse functionality with right stick like in stock but in all apps you need to install DroidMote Client and Server.
Read the 2nd post for more info.