[ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
enash508

Re: [ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Post by enash508 »

Patiently waiting For Full Oreo..Won’t touch my boxes until then..Work your Magic Zulu99!!!
Stevie G

Post by Stevie G »

enash508 wrote:Patiently waiting For Full Oreo..Won’t touch my boxes until then..Work your Magic Zulu99!!!
Same here, waiting for Oreo instead of going to 1.5 yet.

Thanks zulu for the awesome work you doing
3dguy

Post by 3dguy »

Looking forward to it Zulu99!!
Droidmote
2015 Nvidia Shield 16gb
Full Android N
Andro.Gamer

Post by Andro.Gamer »

The current ROM OREO ANDROID TV (SHIELD EXPERIENCE 7.0.1) continues to present failures, remember that it is BETA, I see a bit absurd that Zulu99 is already using it for Android FULL, the faults that I have detected at the moment are:

* Problem with screen in many applications: Now in many apps it is not possible to click with a mouse in one half of the screen or download with the gamepad in options of some app is not possible
* Problem with sound: By being on the start screen every so often between 8 and 10 seconds it throws a defective sound and on the HOME THEATER screen a constant sound frequency error flashes every 2 seconds which with NOUGAT did not happen
* Problem with LED: It only happened to me once for now, being at rest when playing a key in gamepad to activate it, visualized image on the TV but the LED of the console was still off, after 15 seconds it turned on
* Connection: Connected with ethernet is stable but when connecting it with WiFi 5ghz it is unstable, at every moment it is disconnected and it connects leaving the notification that indicates it several times in screen
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Andro.Gamer wrote:The current ROM OREO ANDROID TV (SHIELD EXPERIENCE 7.0.1) continues to present failures, remember that it is BETA, I see a bit absurd that Zulu99 is already using it for Android FULL, the faults that I have detected at the moment are:

* Problem with screen in many applications: Now in many apps it is not possible to click with a mouse in one half of the screen or download with the gamepad in options of some app is not possible
* Problem with sound: By being on the start screen every so often between 8 and 10 seconds it throws a defective sound and on the HOME THEATER screen a constant sound frequency error flashes every 2 seconds which with NOUGAT did not happen
* Problem with LED: It only happened to me once for now, being at rest when playing a key in gamepad to activate it, visualized image on the TV but the LED of the console was still off, after 15 seconds it turned on
* Connection: Connected with ethernet is stable but when connecting it with WiFi 5ghz it is unstable, at every moment it is disconnected and it connects leaving the notification that indicates it several times in screen
I confirm that the source code used by Nvidia for Oreo is garbage and the current Oreo firmware is the most negative thing that i ever seen on Shield TV. We must also consider that the base source code used is oreo 8 while we already have oreo 8.1. Oreo 8 was an abort also for Google, for this reason in a couple of weeks we had 8.1

Usually a big corporation like Nvidia, do this when the current firmware is the last. So users will buy the next device for sure because the previous not work well.

Fortunatelly full Android Nougat will do everything and in perfect way for others 5 years at least. And Oreo don't add nothing new, but only others restrictions.

Anyway i will try to do all my best for full Android Oreo. I already have a full Android Oreo firmware, but currently a crash on recent apps that i can't solve because the source used differ from aosp. Apart this, i noted many strange bug / interaction problems with apps.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Andro.Gamer

Post by Andro.Gamer »

Zulu99, what is the possibility that when making the ROM full Android oreo include the NOUGAT screen recording tool? since it was removed in this new version
Andro.Gamer

Post by Andro.Gamer »

Being in OREO is it possible to return to NOUGAT or install Android Full?
Mogster

Post by Mogster »

The 7.0.1 recovery images have been posted.

https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworksdownload

Nothing new for sources.
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

We already have full Android Oreo with all working.
Fixed all.

Also Root with magisk, tested xposed etc.

Now i'm testing and wait the Nvidia move, in case after this beta will publish onother version.

The work that i made now, is preparatory for all oreo firmwares that Nvidia will publish.

Restore full Android functionalities on Nvidia firmwares is a very hacking hard work, but when done on first build version we can reutilize this components also on others Nvidia versions.

The hard work is when Nvidia change from an Android version to another. For example from Android Nougat to Oreo, but not when remain in the same version.

Just to explain that my work was preparatory for all Oreo firmwares.

I must admit that this time i destroyed myself, because in Oreo Nvidia used many modifications compared to Android Aosp. Mainly the Nvidia firmwares have nothing to do with AOSP and with source posted by Nvidia. What Nvidia post as source code, is just the source base used but on this there are millions changes.

But full Android is Nvidia firmware original + all others parts of Android restored.

Compile a firmware from source is more simple, but you can't have all Nvidia functionalities. Create a firmware like full Android is something that only a crazy man can do.

P.S.
As always, i will publish my progresses also on Youtube.
I want stress the firmware with games :)

If you want say thanks to me, say thanks to DroidMote on Google Play.
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
milkybar1983

Post by milkybar1983 »

your hard work is appreciated zulu99!