[ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Full Android Experience with NO Limits on Shield TV and Nexus Player
Andro.Gamer

Re: [ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.5]

Post by Andro.Gamer »

Excellent, even though my questions were not answered, it continues like this!

Question 1 ----> Zulu99, what is the possibility that when making the ROM full Android oreo include the NOUGAT screen recording tool? since it was removed in this new version

Question 2 ----> Being in OREO Beta is it possible to return to NOUGAT or install Android Full Nougat 1.5? I need the screen recorder tool from nvidia
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

Andro.Gamer wrote:Excellent, even though my questions were not answered, it continues like this!

Question 1 ----> Zulu99, what is the possibility that when making the ROM full Android oreo include the NOUGAT screen recording tool? since it was removed in this new version

Question 2 ----> Being in OREO Beta is it possible to return to NOUGAT or install Android Full Nougat 1.5? I need the screen recorder tool from nvidia
you can turn back, but usually not necessary.

When you have full Android, you can use all tools that you want to record screen. Why you need the Nvidia of old firmware ? i never used it, i use Azscreen recorder.

If your question is about share to Twitch, since Nvidia removed this tool, removed also the agreemnt with Twitch.
We have old library o communicate with Twitch, but soon will be not functional. Therefore the Twitch service will be broken for agreement reasons and not tech reason. Mainly the old library will stop working.

or you need the Nvidia tool for others reasons ?
Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
Donate with Paypal or Donate with Crypto
Andro.Gamer

Post by Andro.Gamer »

@Zulu99

I have a channel on YouTube and now I do not have how to record the screen while on OREO, the NVIDIA screen recording tool is the best and I can record the internal audio, I have not got a screen recorder that works properly on AndroidTV OREO neither DuRecorder nor AZscreen, I tried to return to Nougat, I tried to install Android Full v1.5 and I could not, being in OREO it seems impossible since when starting shield it automatically updates to oreo :(
myshieldtv

Post by myshieldtv »

Andro.Gamer wrote:@Zulu99

I have a channel on YouTube and now I do not have how to record the screen while on OREO, the NVIDIA screen recording tool is the best and I can record the internal audio, I have not got a screen recorder that works properly on AndroidTV OREO neither DuRecorder nor AZscreen, I tried to return to Nougat, I tried to install Android Full v1.5 and I could not, being in OREO it seems impossible since when starting shield it automatically updates to oreo :(
Have you thought about a capture card I also have a YouTube channel but I started using HDML-Cloner manly because it's self contained you don't need a computer and I do all my video and audio editing on the shield TV with full Android OS and Droidmote Droidmote is the best app thanks Zulu99
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

UPDATE....

In my tests on OREO, i found that with the Nvidia implementation, some apps, expecially apps designed exlusivly for TV, since we have the navigation bar, not adapt well to the screen. you have a black bar on the right.

but i found a solution.

from build.prop we can change the value qemu.hw.mainkeys to hide completly the status bar and after install a fake navigation bar like this https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... nu.nav.bar

IN this way all apps adapt well and we can use also the navigation bar.

But attention, the navigation bar can also completly removed if you use droidmote like me to control the shield tv.

like this screenshot, take a look

Developer of DroidMote Server and DroidMote Client. Read the Quick Start Guides and then I'll be happy to help.
baba996

Post by baba996 »

zulu99 wrote:UPDATE....

In my tests on OREO, i found that with the Nvidia implementation, some apps, expecially apps designed exlusivly for TV, since we have the navigation bar, not adapt well to the screen. you have a black bar on the right.

but i found a solution.

from build.prop we can change the value qemu.hw.mainkeys to hide completly the status bar and after install a fake navigation bar like this https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... nu.nav.bar

IN this way all apps adapt well and we can use also the navigation bar.

But attention, the navigation bar can also completly removed if you use droidmote like me to control the shield tv.

like this screenshot, take a look

Droidmote server all the wayyy :D

Cant wait for this release
Hoodbilli

Re: [ROM][Full Android Nougat for Shield TV][v.1.0]

Post by Hoodbilli »

zulu99 wrote:
DO NOT INSTALL OTA OF A MODEL ON OTHERS MODELS

DO NOT USE OTA OF 2017 DEVICES IN 2015 DEVICES FOR ANY REASON.

The OTA contain also the bootloader and can brick your device.

With full Android we change only system and vendor images, for this reason the operation is SAFE.
so this works on darcy 2017 model? also can i install the leanback laucher on top of this build?

also i red about the option to dual boot this from a usb while maintaining the official os on the internal storage is this still possible ?
or will it be possible on the new oreo build your working on?

my goal was to have full android with the leanback laucher as its main launcher i hate halauncher and square home etc i love lean back but want that and full android also lol any advise would help a lot
Andro.Gamer

Post by Andro.Gamer »

So that's why there is an error in almost all apps using cursor or pad, we are already looking forward to receive ANDROID FULL OREO

A question that I consider important friend Zulu99, in AndroidFullodemos make use of the trackpad in the previous controls of SHIELD? And that Nvidia blocked this option a while ago
greystash

Post by greystash »

Does PIP work correctly with Oreo?
zulu99
Site Admin

Post by zulu99 »

AN IMPORTANT ADVISE TO THE ANDROID TV BOX USERS
In Android 8 Oreo, the developers of the Android Open Source Project decided to add this modification.

Exit touch mode on mouse/stylus click

https://android.googlesource.com/platfo ... ad01a4cc9/

https://android-review.googlesource.com ... e/+/551840

What means ?

That by default, on many launchers for phone and tablets, if the mouse support is not added by purpose, you can't drag icons on the launchers and you can't drag widgets with the mouse. And for sure will brings also many others problems.

On Shield TV Oreo, i'm restoring the old behaviour so the developers of launchers can fix, with calm, this problems with the mouse.

On others TV box with Oreo inside, you will have this problem. But if you want still drag and add widgets, you can use the DroidMote touch mouse.

Droidmote have the normal mouse and the touch mouse because not all apps and games have proper mouse support.